Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why Liberals are Fascists - an article by Dr. Jack Wheeler <

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sir EvilFreeSmeg, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Why Liberals are Fascists - an article by Dr. Jack Wheeler

hmmm... how to set off the the next great poo storm...? Ah yes. This will do quite nicely.

I love tweaking the nose of the left.:thumbsup:

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Assumptions and unproven assertions oh my!

The article is worth about as much as one of your posts, smeg, so I guess you could start calling yourself Dr. Smeg.

3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Moral relativism leads to nihilism, not facism.

But then again, this article isn't about moral relativism, its about the objective truth of Christianity and Christian Morals(TM).

Weak sauce.

4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

This week the right wing blogs are instructing us to post things about fascism and the ways that terrorists and Democrats are into it. So here's another copy-paste job. Stay tuned next week, when the trope will be "Why All Airports Need to Be Renamed After Reagan."

5. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Damn...that's gonna be confusin'.

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Yeah, well, so was Reagan. :badteeth:

7. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

You might be the biggest tool but you're not the brightest spark are you?

For the fifth(?) time I ask you to define fascism.

If that question doesn't make you flee the thread, as per usual, I will also ask you this one: How do you reconcile your (undefined parrot-speak) claim of Islamic fascism, somehow threatening America's freedom, with this article when Islamic fundamentalists are by definition conservatives?

Since you like throwing **** at people you can tell me something else, Monkeyboy. Why is it okay for 'conservatives' like yourself to embrace name calling by branding 'liberals' as retarded Frenchy cowards intent on destroying America, but it isn't okay for 'liberals' to brand 'conservatives' fascists intent on destroying America?

8. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Wading through Smeg's usual vapid drivel, I'm amused to note that once again Mussolini is being used to paint the left (conflated for the purposes of the article with "liberals") as fascist because his particular fascist regime was left-wing. Like I couldn't find an example of a right-wing fascist regime...

Fascism is on both sides of the fence. Libertarian/authoritarian is a separate axis to left/right, to use the language of that political views poll.

What difference does it make whether the morality is objective or subjective? If anything it is the objectivist that is motivated to point guns, given he thinks he's right (TM).

9. Sokar Rostau

Nope, conservatives don't call people names do they?

And if anyone is going to cause a civil war in America it is the people like you that are intent on suppressing dissent and crushing internal opposition. Then you really can call liberals terrorists because they will be freedom fighters trying to get back what you took from them - freedom.

10. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

I beg to differ:

11. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

We did that one, didn't we?

12. Sokar Rostau

13. S Z

S Z IncGamers Member

This is possibly the lamest attempt at forcing a counter-message to Conservatives without Conscience that I've read so far. One could pick it apart, but really what's the point when the arguement presented is so tenuous?

14. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Another problem is that when you've picked it apart Smeg will run and hide. It will take weeks of harassment to get him to admit to any problem in the argument he's endorsing. I'll stay away from that article too. Instead I'll post something from Wheelers site, for your amusement. If you read this insane garbage long enough...
    Emphasis mine. :shocked:

15. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Question for Smeg:

Since, from your article, subjectivism and fascism go hand in hand, could you please explain why you continue to refer to terrorists as "Islamofascists"? They are most certainly not moral subjectivists.

16. S Z

S Z IncGamers Member

My word that's fantastic :laugh:

Cheers Dross :flowers:

17. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Check out the rest of his site. Craziness aplenty. For example, this bio:

http://www.tothepointnews.com/content/view/1117/90/

When people talk about themselves in third person I always get a little suspicious. When they write stuff like "Jack Wheeler is quite possibly the most fascinating individual you have ever known" about themselves I get really worried.

:laugh:

18. Draconis

Draconis IncGamers Member

Yeah, I mean who does he think he is? Dr. Doom?

19. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

LOL, the Evil Eye... I wish I could've been bothered reading that far.

Smeg is like an enthusiastic sports fan. He likes to put on his scarf and pom-pom hat, stand in the stadium and yell at the players; worshipping his team and deriding the opposition. But that's as deep as it goes. He doesn't even believe half the crap he spouts - hell, he hasn't even thought about it. It's just an idiotic game of my-team-is-better-than-your-team to him. He might just as easily have been a leftie nut if he'd picked the blue scarf and sweater instead of the red.

20. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

I can't help if if you're not bright enough to see the light.

And for the umpteenth time I'm going to tell you that you'll accept to definition.

Is that...? It is! Finally! A question of substance!

Islamofascism is utilizing the basics of fascism (government control, censorship, homophobia, hatred of jews, etc.) while at the same time keeping iwth their backwards ways. Government control is a well known aspect of liberalism. Taken to a further level and it become fascism - where the government runs everything. Censorship - another leftist principal. Look to ABC for all you need to know. Homophobia isn't claimed to be a leftist principal yet it is commonly used to destroy political opponents. And hatred of jews. This the hard one to get the left to accept. Militant Islam of today hates jews. The left hates them as well. Look to their treatment of Israel for all you need to know.

The Islamofascists are conservative only in their still living in the 7th century. Their government is fascist i.e. liberal.

I poke fun at groups and at nutjob leaders (i.e. Wacky Macky). You're making a personal insult which if I'm not mistaken is against the rules. As such, enjoy being reported for it.

Wrong! Fascism is only labeled as right wing. Everything it stands for though is leftist. Fascism is only right wing if you're a communist. What it is, is extremely authoritarian - which to the common man isn't a liberal concept. Yet that is incorrect. Under leftist government, everything is under their control. It's the government controlling everything. If that's not authoritarian, then nothing is.

Except that fascism is about government control. A leftist concept.

Do you really think that the left would start a civil war? And you call me dumb. Sheesh.

Exacly how would a bunch of cowards and peaceniks expect to win a war?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.