why isn't my titans leeching as much?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
why isn't my titans leeching as much?

i've been using a demon arch balrog spear all this time, and it's been awesome. i just found a titans, so i could finally replace the tstrokes on the switch. however, the titans is hardly leeching mana at all. with the demon's arch, i can keep up mana against lightning immunes by using lightning fury just like a normal throw. however, with titans i can't. here's some differences:

damage: demons arch is 6 base damage higher.
speed: through my other equipment the titans is like 1 frame faster.
leech: both have the same life leech, mana leech is coming from a manald heal with a crescent moon ammy, total 20%.
cost to LF: because the titans is giving so much more +skills, i thought this would be the reason, but the cost is only like 2.5 mana higher with titans.

any ideas?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I can think of several reasons:
LF with titans is 3 mana more (not 2.5).
Did you tried on the same type of monster? Some Lightning immune monsters are highly physical resistant, thus you leech less. (Burning souls have 90% PR IIRC)
You can kill the monster faster with Demon's Arch because of elemental damage.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm finding this against the same monster types. usually i'm running a5su's, and i can see the difference the most with the LI's and near-stoneskins that hang out with eldritch. usually i can just namelock with LF and kill any non-pi monster and the mana ball will remain full. but, with titans, the ball is slowly decreasing down to 1/2 to 1/3.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
k after further testing, you are right in that i'm just killing faster with the demon arch. i would say it takes half to 2/3 as many throws with the demon arch to kill an li, which is about what the elemental damage should do.