Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

why is Perfect Skull valuable?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by hmlyim, Apr 25, 2005.

1. hmlyim

hmlyim IncGamers Member

why is Perfect Skull valuable?

I am new to classic, can anyone tell me why P-Skull is good for trade?

I know you can use SOJ to socket rare item with P-Skull. Given that SOJ is so rare in classic that I definitely would not use it just for a socket for some more life or mana.

And, what item can I get for these P-Skull? anyone can give me a picture?

2. BigBearCat

BigBearCat IncGamers Member

Gamble is one of the most important mf method in d2c and hence gold actual worth something. PS is one of the most valuable item that only takes 1 grid space. As we know, the max amount of gold that a char can carry (including the stash) depends on the level of the char. How can a lvl1 mule char carry 2.24M gold? Carry 64 PSs!(with cube, you can carry 8 more PSs which worth .28M). And you dont need to worry about losing any gold if the char die.

Well, ok, in fact, the PSs are also used to 'wash' rare item with cube formula:
    6PS+rare=new rare (but ilvl decreased)

3. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

Socketing a good shield is well worth it. Socketing armor/helms/weapons is for the very rich only.

4. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

Mostly for imbue. If you find a rare +2skills battle hammer you can imbue it for a chance of getting a good 1

5. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

With huge resists and replenish life (pskull adds to rep) you can heal so fast that you can take 0 damage from an attack (like a frozen orb)

6. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Also in USEast non-ladder 40 perfect skulls can get you a SOJ.

7. Immortality

Immortality Banned

P skulls are valuable because they are good to use by zons for their bows, the Pskulls leech, or palys and barbs use it for the same effect.

Btw gold is really worth crap in D2. Gold is plentifull and its real use is to gamble. Gambling isnt a great way to get items.

8. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

Good post that 1 /\ the most valueble items are really good rares. which you have a chance of | getting with skulls.
    |
    |

9. BigBearCat

wow~~~plentiful gold, how much gold is plentiful? 100k? 1M? no, even 10M is far from plentifulness. The gold that takes u 1 hour to collect will be easily gone within 5 mins when gambling (So never try gambling in the reality :)).

Gambling using 86+ char is the only way to get +2skill amy besides diablo drop. If u cant open tri windows at one time (1 for pal, 1 for bar and 1 for sor, or at least 2 windows without sor) and run chaos for diablo drop, or if u r not fast enough to pick items in open chaos run rooms, gambling is a good way for u to get elite items.

btw: ur reason for PS's value is ridiculous. How many PSs are needed for ur weapon? 4, 3 for adding socket and 1 for socketing. And how many elite weapons worth socketing? Far less than PS or even far less than soj.

10. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

I can get 3 million in a half hour of good travincal. I would call that plentifull. and if u plan on trading gold the most worth you can give is 2,390,000 which isn't very much.

11. BigBearCat

3 million in a half hour? U R SURELY BOASTING. I would say I can get 1000M in one min, anybody trusts me? The best record I heard of is 5M in one hour, and that is a peak value with extreme good luck.

OK, I admit PS is not good for gold trading. It really takes some time for u to click on over 60 PSs. But that is the best way to regrate gold.

At last, as I have mentioned above, PS is used to 'wash' rare items. That is the key pt.

12. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

What I do is travincal runs with a baba with gskin, goldwrap, chance guards, tarnhelm and use find item of the council members and sell all stuff like embossed plates and stuff. That is of course optimal dropps that i cited.

Edit: I got 2.4 million in a half hour when i tested it.

13. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

i get similar results with my goldfind barb, though he holds 3mil, so maybe a few minutes longer...?

anyway gold is fast and easy.

i also sell the junk +2's i roll for 500k each which speeds things up.