Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why Is My Hammer Damage So Low?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by bjmarler, Sep 13, 2006.

1. bjmarler

bjmarler IncGamers Member

Why Is My Hammer Damage So Low?

Hi. I have made a Hammer Pally. Im up to level 89. I maxed out Hammer, Vigor, Blessed Aim, then Concentration. I basically followed this guide...
    http://p088.ezboard.com/fsteelwindknightsfrm3.showMessage?topicID=15.topic ... and a few other guides on how to build a Hammadin.

... my problem is that I can't get my hammer damage up over 2400. Also, when I select my concentration aura my damage does not increase. What have I done wrong, or am not doing right?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Azzaron

Azzaron IncGamers Member

The reason that your damage is so low is because you lack good equipment. You want to pick up as much plus to skills equipment as possible. Get things like a nigma, shako, SoJs, mara's, HoZ, etc. That will help you out a lot.

When you select your concentration aura, your damage DOES increase. Try this as a test. Place blessed hammer on your left mouse attack. Place defiance on your right mouse attack. Open up your character screen and note the blessed hammer damage. Now switch from defiance to concentration. You will notice an increase in your blessed hammer damage.

It sounds to me like there's a possibility that you have something like might selected as your skill instead of conentration. Double check that you have the right aura hotkeyed.

3. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

try using concentration as ur right aura ability and blessed hammer as ur left ability. then check out ur hammer dmg. i think that if u max all those without using concentration, ur dmg will be around there.

hammerdins dont need to have good equipment as they're quite powerful even with not much good gear on.

4. bjmarler

Thanks all for the quick replies. I have not been playing for very long, so I'm open to any and all suggestions you all have for me to try.

I have some special equipment already, though not the best yet. Im getting +7 skills so far from all my equipment.

Yes, I have Hammer selected as my left mouse button skill

Yes, I have Concentration as my right mouse button skill.

Yes, I have them all "hot keyed". And yes it's Concentration, not might, but it never hurts to double-check. lol

No, When I toggle between different auras or skills on my right mouse skill, my Hammer damage does not change at all. (This is very odd to me.) Everyone I have talked to says it will/should. Mine does not. Am I doing something simple/stupid wrong? For example - after selecting Concentration for my right mouse skill, do I have to do anything else. I never have so far, and I do get the aura around me and my group.

On my left mouse skills there are only about 7 choiced, no auras. I leave it on Hammer

On my right mouse skills there is everything. I set it to Vigor while running, then switch to Concentration to fight. On occasion I will set it also to Hammer so I can cast Hammers early before the enemy appears like at Baal's throne room.

Please ask me anything. Since Im new, nothing is too stupid for me to have done, so ask away. lol

Several players told me that with my setup, I should easily be getting over 6000 and up to 10000 damage. I so confused as to why Im not getting over 2400.???

Thanks again.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Where do you check the damage? If you check it by moving the cursor over the skill icon, then you (correctly) will see no difference. If you open the character screen (press C if you have default key setup) and check the line where it says "blessed hammer" right above the line where it says "concentration" then you SHOULD see a difference when switching to another aura.

Else it sounds very strange.... you have not mixed up "concentration" and "conviction" I hope?

6. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

There is definitely something wrong with your paladin, my level 55 hammerdin deals around 3200-3300 with concentration on, perhaps you need better gear.

7. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Read his posts, he has +7 skills from gear; his base hammer damage should be in the 1900 area. With a level 27 Concentration he should be seeing over 10k damage.

Something is displaying wrong or some little mistake we haven't caught yet is tripping him up.

Any way we can get screenshots?

8. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

Are you in town when you do this?
    You could just hold down the shift key and it would do the same thing, but allow you to get the damage boost from concentration.

Oh, one other thing - what color is you concentration aura?

Good luck,
    DudSpud

9. bjmarler

Helvette, you are a GENIUS!!!! That was it.

I was checking the damage stats posted only on the main screen. When I select Concentration and then hit "c" to check stats it does show me increasing to about 9,000.

Whew, thanks for clearing that up. I thougth I had done something really wrong. Thank you again all.

10. bjmarler

Thank you for that tip. I did not know that.