Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why Is it that I run Diablo II Shareware and not regular D2? der=0

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Sep 3, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

Why Is it that I run Diablo II Shareware and not regular D2?

Hi guys, If some of you post at the sp forums, you've probably seen my dilemma. I had never used ATMA before, and after lots of talking with people, I decided to get it to be able to make trades and such on the forums. After Installing it, everything seemed fine, until everything seemed to mess up. I followed each step precisely and realized that like several other instances, my computer has to be messed up and different fropm what the directions tell. Back to my question about it. When they say to open the file your D2 saves our in, save folder, I go to shared documents, Diablo II Shareware, and save Folder...but there's nothing. Don't say im in the wrong folder, because this is the only one I could find. I think the problem is with this shareware thing. I remember asking questions about commands and stuff like that in the property window of D2, and while everyone told me what you should have, all their answers were blah blah Diablo 2 blah blah, whilst mine is blah blah Diablo 2 Shareware. I have a feeling that this is the problem, can someone plese help me? Thanks again guys.

-Donutz

2. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

Are your characters still there on diablo ?

Also make sure your looking in the folder where you installed diablo.

3. diablo loves donutz

Uhhhh, as far as I know all my chars are still there.

And about that...I know this is going to sound really noobish, but I don't remember which folder I installed it in, nor how to find out which one now. Any suggestions?

Thanx for the help btw aman.

4. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Default install path for D2 would be C:\Program Files\Diablo II - check there first, that's where it should be if you accepted the default at the beginning of the install.

5. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

First try your hard drive(c drive) then there should be a folder called program files. Assuming you didn't change anything whilst installing the game there should be a folder called Diablo II and your save folder should be there.

If it's not there go to your diablo II icon on your desktop/where ever your icon is and right click on it and go to properties. The target line should tell you where you have installed diablo.

Also just want to clear up a few things to make sure i fully understand.

1) Your trying to load your characters in atma to mule/whatever are you sure your looking for .d2s files ?

6. diablo loves donutz

Holla holla, hollaluah!!!!!!! Thank you guys, thank you very much I finally got it to work. Yes I went to properties, found the target and realized I was in the wrong place. I had to go to the disk drive, then program files, Game II, Diablo 2, then the save folder, and now I see all of my saves and it's all coming up loud and clear on ATMA. Now hear comes the fun of figuring everything out. Thanks again guys.

7. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Wow, I wonder what that Diablo 2 Shareware thing is...