Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why is fend skill useless?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Calizzar, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

Why is fend skill useless?

In another thread recently someone said that fend is useless cuz of a bug or somethin. What is this bug? cuz fend really looks good on paper

2. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

Well, it isn't really useless, but it is bugged in a way that makes it very dangerous for hardcore play (after all, spearazons ARE easily killed, and with this bug even more).

Most multi-attack melee skills (like zeal or that druid skill (never play druids, cant recall the name)) are interruptable. Fend used to be interruptable too, but now it's not. The problem with that is that when you're fending, you're hitting 5 targets. When you're being attacked during that fend-cycle, you'll have a chance to dodge it (dodge skill). When you do that, your fend cycle continues but all your following attacks will miss (and you can still be attacked). Because of the low natural life of an amazon (compared to other melee characters), this is a huge risk. You can't leech if you can't hit things, and you'll still be attacked.
    When very unlucky, you're stuck in a dodge/stun lock, and nothing you can do against it.

There are only two things you can do against it:
    - Don't get swarmed (= less chance of getting attacked/locked)
    - Get a HUGE amount of defense (Stone runeword is just perfect for spearazons and gloom is also a great choice).

I'm currently trying a charged strike/jab combo (with 2 handed spear on hc). Might work much better.

3. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

thx..

Why do people like jab so much, has **** dmg

4. ConFusion

yep, but it's quite fast and kills Lightning immunes faster then charged strike ;)

One point wonder.

5. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Jab also works if you're focusing on single monsters more (since LF/LS etc handles the rest)

I've got a jab/CS/LS 2-H spearazon lvl **. SC though, I play too recklessly for MF.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Fend is dead, blizzard put the nail in the coffin for this skill with the 1.10 patch. It was seldom used in 1.09 but could be effective with enough life and resistances. Now it doesn't matter as anything beyond 2 or 3 enemies will leave you whiffing at air as your zon does a dance of evasion over and over and over and over and over and...........Unless you have an insanely fast weapon like shaeled arloc's needle AND a reliable tanking merc AND a valk/decoy don't bother, this build is dead unless you enjoy supreme frustration. I enjoyed spearazons very much in 1.09 but blizzard killed them.

7. ConFusion

Now it's time for charged strike and jab. You'll love her again, Omikron. I'm sure you will. ;)