Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why I'll probably never try out for another school team if

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Killfrenzy, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

Why I'll probably never try out for another school team

I'm now afraid more crap like what I've been through will happen again. What am I talking about?

Im talking about my schools Improv Team

What we do is basically like that show "Who's Line is it Anyway?" but among canadian schools.

Well I'll tell you the sad story of my time with these people.

In grade 10 (in in 12th now) I tried out. They didnt pick me. Sure i was a lil bummed but i got over it. i mean I had worked my *** off trying for it, but to no avail.

In grade 11 I came back and this time got on the team. Finally my hard work had payed off. That year we brought in an outside coach, who also helped with a play out school was putting on... Well over the course of this play the coach became good friends with one of the plays cast and she just plonks this girl (named Candice) onto the team WITHOUT A TRYOUT! I was seriously angry, as were several others and one person argued with the coach for a good hour about it. So i decided to keep my mouth shut rather than risk causing another screaming match. Then Candice was placed on the starting line in a bigger role than even our team captain! I was majorly pissed, but again held my tongue.

This year 5 of last years 10 people had graduated. I detected something amiss right off the bat when me and a friend of mine that was also on the team last year were instructed to sit on the rug with the new people. As it turned out, the other 3 from last year had GUARANTEED THEMSELVES A SPOT and left me and this other guy out in the cold! Worst of all they guaranteed a spot to a guy from 2 years ago, who just so happened to be a good friend of this Candice. After a few tryouts I figured out that this candice WHO NEVER EVEN HAD TO TRY OUT was acting as team captain! Just think of it, someone who was just "plonked" onto the team suddenly has the right to decide the fate of someone who had to claw hand over hand for 2 years! (me)

Another thing was i never got along all that well with this Candice in the first place, sure we would wave to each other in the hallway, but we were never close friends like most of the other people on the team.

So then i got sick for a like week and when i came back i found out that they had gotten rid of me!!!! Just think of it! the one who didnt try out herself ends up assuring her friends from last years team spots this year EXCEPT me and this other guy, and later decides to unceremoniously get rid of me!

in other words, I GOT SCREWED OVER BY THIS (word for female dog)!

Now for months I have been planning. I will soon make my attempt to discredit them. RIGHT BEFORE THEIR PERFORMANCE ON THE 24TH! How? I plan to publish a rather informative article in our school newspaper outlining exactly how i was unjustly thrown away like a piece of garbage. :rant: :rant: :rant:

the one who was once their loyal teammate shall now become their greatest enemy... None of them suspect a thing. They must now pay for what they did to me!

They will learn not to screw around with me...

2. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

A) She was better than you

B) Youre too good for the team.

Its one or the other.

3. Killfrenzy

I dont care whether or not she was better than me

A)someone who doesnt try out should NOT be on a team when there are others that had to.

B) Someone who never had to try out should not be allowed to decide the fate of others

c) either a spot should've been guaranteed to ALL of last years members or none at all

4. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

I'm just happy to know you're not planning on living up to your name. But if this "coach" is screwing over the team to play favourites she isn't long for that job anyway. Maybe some evidence and statements would speed things along.

5. Killfrenzy

My case against them is mostly based on the three points mentioned in my previous post. what A and C deal with are facts. The fact that this candice never had to try out, and that only some members from last year were guaranteed a spot. This is the basis of my case as both of these things are completely unfair.

Why should someone have to watch someone get what they've had to work so hard for so easily?

Why should only a few be favoured enough to have their status on the team ensured? and why is it that the one who was not very close to the candice was the victim of it?

these are the 2 main questions that my article will adress

at the very least i hope my article will at least make some people aware of what happened.

6. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

Thats not very nice to do to someone. Especially someone with a chef avatar.

7. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Just calmly go up to the coach and explain the story you will be publishing, and ask which new station she would like to know about it.

You'll be back on that team in a snap, and nothing else like that will happen again while you are around.

8. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

No, don't use the article as a club to beat your way into the team. If you're going to write it, then publish it.

9. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

I still find the only BS to be that some members were allowed back and others not. Unless those who werent really sucked, then its understandable.

10. Killfrenzy

oh I've relinquished all ties to them i think my lil article will finalize that... i've even been considering having the yearbook people cut my face out of the team pictures in the yearbook

as for sucking...gauging by the applause me and the other guy got when we did some of our skits i dont think its much of a problem

I mean who couldnt love our "Arnold vs Gary Coleman election" skit where Arnold threatened to shoot Gary with the "really big gun" It turned out he was trying to settle the election after Coleman was kicking his *** in the polls

11. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

Yes.

But geeze, I could feel the rage as I read your post. Not your rage, just rage. Killfrenzy. Yeah, that sounds right.

12. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

What about the part where someone who didn't try out was (apparently) making decisions on who stays or goes?

I say you publish it in the paper. Of course, this is provided the paper actually lets you publish it, since the school paper can be regulated. There isn't really free speech in school publications. Should you find yourself unable to publish it, print up the article, make lots of copies and distribute.

13. Killfrenzy

Well i happen to get along quite well with a teacher that practically RUNS the school newspaper and I've mentioned my article to him as a "sort of exposee" and he liked the idea.

if that doesnt work ill just plaster the walls with copies of it!

the truth MUST be heard!

14. Nword

Nword Banned

I've seen articles like that in my school paper... ok more bashing the administration for their stupid choice of guest speakers/entertainers for assemblies...

Last year we had some very stupid "motivational speakers", namely Bob the Drummer, who you will probably find on google, too lazy to check though... A dumb fat guy with bare feet that makes a bunch of high school kids (1400 at a time...) stand up and rub their stomachs and the top of their heads at the same time... no I don't know why. And he did play drums a bit...

This year, we've only had 2 assemblies so far this year... MLK day and an awesome speaker/actor dude that dealt with various social issues. Our administration learned from the letter that was both sent to them and printed in the skool paper...

My point is, no doubt, if your article gets published, I think you'll see good results... Just assuming Candice isn't too popular... And send the article in letter form to the school administration as well for fuller results :)

15. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yes I agree, it is unfair that you worked hard to get into the team and then you were thrown off by someone who never even tried out? Publish the article.

16. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

AK-47's cost around 60 dollars.