Why I heart (<3) American press

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
NightShade said:
OTF'ers...jeeze.
Bleh, they would only:

1. Call me a socialist pig
2. Abuse me
3. Have me abuse them
4. Go cry to the mods
5. Get me banned

Happened twice. One thread was about noodles and the other about pope. :)
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Isn't "Weekly World News" a tabloid and therefore not really considered the "press" so much as "entertainment"?
 

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
MoUsE_WiZ said:
Isn't "Weekly World News" a tabloid and therefore not really considered the "press" so much as "entertainment"?
oh cmon, NYT is full of the same kind of stuff :)
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Ankeli said:
oh cmon, NYT is full of the same kind of stuff :)
Of people being able to turn a processor into a bomb with their l33t h4x0rz1n9? I doubt that...

Mind you I've never actually read the NYT so I couldn't say for sure, but I sincerely doubt they'd ever run something near that bad.
 

PawnOfChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Its a tabloid...

It contains articles such as "Elvis Seen at Gas Station" and "Pope Has Alien Baby"....

It is NOT indicative of american media, and its not news at all. Its a TABLOID!!! Its stories are fake, purposely fake even, to bring entertainment to people.

And no, the NYT does not have stories such as this.

I hope this isn't how people view the american media, because they obviously have no idea what a tabloid is, and claiming this is anything other than drivel designed to entertain is ignorant.

Jeff
 

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not indicative?

I'd say quite on the contrary....while it is a farce, it's quite easy to see people actually getting panic attacks over "OHNOS INTERNETTERROR!!!!111"
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
NightShade said:
It's not indicative?

I'd say quite on the contrary....while it is a farce, it's quite easy to see people actually getting panic attacks over "OHNOS INTERNETTERROR!!!!111"
In all fairness I don't want anyone who'd get a panic attack over such an article on my internet in the first place.
 

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
MoUsE_WiZ said:
In all fairness I don't want anyone who'd get a panic attack over such an article on my internet in the first place.
You'd be amazed how many people use internet or computers in general without knowing jack **** about it. People who can't find the reset button on a pc, people who don't know what to do when they accidentelly remove the shortcut to their adsl connection startup so they think they "removed the internet from their pc". I'm not talking about stupid people mind you.

More on topic( well, offtopic really, but lets not get technical). So tabloids in the US print fake stories? What's the use of that, I mean, you might as well read a book then. Afaik tabloids in the UK are gutterpress, simple as that.

HoD
 

Lord Penguin

Diabloii.Net Member
Well i didnt read the article but the american media is complete flaming garbage. No coverage of the other things that happend on the day of the London bombing. Like the bombs that went off here and in iraq i beleive. W/E the media has been in the skull and bones'/governments pocket for a long time now.. smart ppl are used to it and beleive the news about as much as any other bs they hear.
 

Valar-Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Penguin said:
Well i didnt read the article but the american media is complete flaming garbage. No coverage of the other things that happend on the day of the London bombing. Like the bombs that went off here and in iraq i beleive. W/E the media has been in the skull and bones'/governments pocket for a long time now.. smart ppl are used to it and beleive the news about as much as any other bs they hear.
Actually, the London Bombing was on the front page of every paper I read that day. As well as all over the news.
 

Lord Penguin

Diabloii.Net Member
I meant that there was no coverage of the OTHER bombings that took place that day. I Saw a live telecast on cnn i think where someone brought it up how the other bombings in iraq werent getting ANY press at all and they litterally cut him off and quikly changed the subject to that hurricane that hit recently. Skull n bones ppl.
 

Tai.

Diabloii.Net Member
What you mean the press is driven by capitalism?!

Blasphemy... if that was the case, they wouldn't have reported the deaths of any of the thousands of U.S. soldiers stationed in Europe during the Iraqi War, oh wait, that's right they didnt...

If you honestly think that any country's media is driven by noble intentions (at least the mainstream media) you're being terribly naive.

There are serious problems with the Press in the United States, but at least we have enough competing factions that if you really want to get the truth, you can glean it from a multitude of sources. Along that same vein, at least we're not France where a presidential candidate who ran on the platform of forcing the jews out of France was leading until late in the election.

cheers
-tai
 

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
Tai. said:
at least we're not France where a presidential candidate who ran on the platform of forcing the jews out of France was leading until late in the election.
And a total idiot lead and won in the U.S election. At least the French came to their senses :)
 
Top