Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

why Hellrack faster than Buriza?!

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by HCTwinJava, Jun 18, 2005.

1. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

why Hellrack faster than Buriza?!

for amazon with 20% ias from non-weapn:

as displayed in game and on b-net -
    Hellrack speed: normal, 20% ias
    buri: very fast, 80% ias

in reality -
    Hellrack: plain attack: slower - just as expected,
    but strafe attack: significantly faster!
    at least it feels like much faster than buri's 3.5 fpa
    calculated the colossus xbow's strafe speed: that couldn't be.

why so faster in game? does hellrack have hidden IAS?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

try upgrading the buriza.

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Upgrading the buriza will make no difference whatsoever; both ballista and collosus crossbows are base 10 speed.

My guess is that you simply were getting a bit of wishful thinking, or it's a display glitch. Two crossbows, same base speed, there is no way the one with less IAS will show faster. Same speed, perhaps, based on breakpoints (I know little about zon breakpoints, I'm afraid), but the hellrack cannot fire faster than buri.

4. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Not necessarily faster...

It could be just a matter of how Strafe works. Hellrack could be fast enough to reach a breakpoint that Buriza Do-Kyanon's extra IAS becomes irrelevant for. If you're really looking for detailed information you should try the Amazon forum. I agree Buriza, upgraded, should do tremendous damage per second, but Hellrack might wind up better if not needing the extra IAS but could use the elemental damage depending on where you play the most (read: more physical immunes).

5. HCTwinJava

i have the same thoughts/doubts.

further testing in game revealed: all col. crossbows (with or without wpn ias) are faster than buriza once strafe mode/lock is entered. But b-net tells us that both types of crossbow have the same base speed. other info tells us that buriza with 80% wpn ias + 20% non-wpn ias will make it strafe at 3.5 fpa. given the same non-wpn ias = 20%, hellrack with only 20% wpn ias can only be slower.

I even made the harmony runeword on a col. crossbow. to say the least: this harmony crossbow feels like a light machine gun, while a buriza is no more than a semi-auto rifle. upgrading buri will turn it from a ballista into a col. crossbow.

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Hellrack (Shael) strafes at 16/5, while the Buriza (Shael) is at 14/4. The Buriza is definatly faster.

7. HCTwinJava

according to my resources:
    with 0 non-wpn ias,

hellrack (unsocketed) strafes at 18/5
    hellrack (w/ 2 shaels) strafes at 15/4
    Buriza (unsocketed) strafes at 14/4
    Buriza (w/ 1 shael) strafes at 13/3.5

yeah...but... you wouldn't think I would have questioned on this if the game had confirmed the estimated speeds, would you?

i wonder, can anyone with a strafer do a quick verify? There might be something I was not aware of, or the game just displayed them in a weird way.

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

My source.

For strafe there is no difference between on-weapon IAS and off-weapon IAS.

9. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

these are the most accurarate strafe tables.....i was able to strafe both last night....ifrom what i saw the burito was definetely shooting faster

10. HCTwinJava

RTB: I checked the source you said you used. how did you arrive at your numbers for the two crossbows from the table? As far as I can see, it's obviously for bows.

superdave: I have indicated that buri shoots faster - in my games as well. As I have also indicated, the weird thing happens only after the strafe lock/mode has been entered - i.e., for the rest of the arrows after the 1st one during 1 shooting. I have strafed with all kinds of xbows since 1.09 (see my avatar made at least 3 years ago - that was not a 1.09 buri), this is the first time I ran into a weird thing with xbows.

I was just asking about why hellrack strafes faster than buriza. this is on SCL. also, after installation, the game programs on my computers are never altered other than with the patches - and even the patching was done by the d2 program itself.

thanks for your help. i guess if no one knows the answer, so be it (there is really no need to assert that my observations are more wrong than a few numbers).

11. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The post has a link to the AB forums. In the Amazon Forum Archives there you can find the original post by brianc84, which includes crossbow speeds. I can't link directly to it.

You may see it, but the tables (which I know are accurate) say otherwise. There's no other answer I can give you.

12. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

When strafing, the sound often screws up, so that a faster strafe sounds slower than a slower strafe. That has confused me sometimes.

13. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

try stafing again with both bows at a single target....check the time it takes to empty a quiver of 20 bolts for each....you might have to do this a couple times....if the #'s are still to close try more bolts

xbow tables.....
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=343803

14. HCTwinJava

Thanks helvete. I believe your post finally answered my question: I just did two more tests with two cowing games, one with sound turned off. I noticed audio effect with hellrack (and with other colossus crossbows as well) is accurate during strafe, but not the case with buriza. With buriza, i can barely hear 6 or 7 shots while I believe there must have been 10 bolts out. I solo quested with these two xbows most of the time through Hell act1/2 in a 3-ppl game on ladder. The audio effect has confused me for quite a while.

thanks everyone for help. superdave, your nice xbow speed table will be what I use next time.

15. alcalina

alcalina IncGamers Member

Re: why Hellrack faster than Buriza?!

is there any runeword that work in a hellrack with two sockets?

16. fyyer

fyyer Banned

Runewords do not work in any magical, rare, or unique items.

17. Foolishpleazure

Foolishpleazure IncGamers Member

Dont forget,if you socket your Hellrack with SHAELS,you ll get a little more speed out of your Hellrack:)