Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

why exile in a kurast shield?...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by muteownz, Mar 11, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

why exile in a kurast shield?...

i've only seen people wanting 4 socket eth kurast shields and i'm asuming its for exile :) but why kurast shield and not vortex... or zakurum shields? both have more defence.. is there a reason why people choose the kurast over the others?... strength? smite damage? looks? lol

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

As far as Smite damage goes, I personally prefer the consistent damage provided by the Zakarum Shield. Although, the strength requirement is fairly high.

For the best defense you obviously need a vortex. However, good luck finding an Ethereal Vortex with 35+ resist all. The strength expenditure is also high, but that shouldn't be a problem for defense-oriented build (since lower vit is acceptable).

For the highest blocking the Sacred Targe is the best choice. However, it has relatively very low defense.

For the highest average damage (only by about.5 points) the Sacred Rondache is the choice. However, it also has pretty low defense, relatively.

The reason for choosing a Kurast might be a combination of decent blocking, defense, and stat requirments.

3. muteownz

well the main reason i ask is not for exile itself but for sanctuary. i found a 3 sock kurast shield with 34ish resists and i thought about making sancutary with it.

4. Any1

Any1 Banned

Your shield is probably perfect for this runeword:

Sanctuary (Ko + Ko + Mal)

+20% Faster Hit Recovery
    +20% Faster Block Rate
    20% Increased Chance of Blocking
    +130-160% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    +250 Defense vs. Missile
    +20 To Dexterity
    All Resistances +50-70 (varies)
    Magic Damage Reduced By 7
    Level 12 Slow Missiles (60 Charges)

If you're lucky you can get 104% to all resists. What kind of build are you considering this shield for?

5. muteownz

was gonna try it on my hammerdin as a weapon switch for like sorc's n etc. cus when i switch my resists are lower plus a 1-24 damage flail isnt gonna do anything. plus slow missle would be pretty funny :) if all fails i make pallys a lot. i could try on my smiter as well. actually i checked the resists are +37 on that shield :) i'm pretty bad luck with rune words. every time i make one i get like +30 resists on hoto.. 259ed on stone. even the lowest i would get at least 83 resists.

6. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

This is weird 'cause i just found a 3-sox Kurast with +38 res. Only thing is, I already have an 84 vortex sanc.

7. muteownz

well i went ahead and made it. 147ed 410defence 100 resists to all :) i might put this on my new FoH pally i'm making. i shall be invincible!! well not really. :)