Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why Even Look At The Paladin Forum?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Boulos, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

Why Even Look At The Paladin Forum?

I was just at the Paladin forum reading some posts and some folks were talking about the gear on their Hammerdins. Most had Enigmas and Heart of the Oaks. Herald of Zak shields and Harly helms. Like I'd ever get that kind of gear playing legit solo. Sheesh!

Edit: Oh, and let's not forget the 2 x SoJ's or the SoJ and BK Ring combos along with Mara's Ammy.

Ok, /whine off.

2. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

most people just play bnet, and every item is easy to get on bnet

3. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Well, it's quite possible to get these item in SP. I and many others have multiples of all those items minus HotO since making 2 is pretty useless. :rolleyes: Oh, Enigma is out of reach though.

4. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I guess my thing is that their Pallys were running with all these items, not just one or two of the items. Oh, and there were like 3 or 4 posts in a row where each of them had most of those items. I know many of the folks in our SP community have many of those items. But I don't recall seeing that kind of gear all on one character. Maybe I'm just being envious. :)

5. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Yeah, if you are looking for Paladin Combat Skillers, Sleepless has been hoarding them all. :lol:

6. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Huh, only 17 so far. :confused:

The equipment you listed minus enigma is setup used by most high lvl hammerdin out there.

7. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

You should look at the Paladin forum because if you ask a stupid question here, that could have been answered by reading the stickies there, I will feel the need to crucify you. ;)

8. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

actually most peoples pallys here run that setup minus the Enigma, I know mine does. It just takes time to build up a collection is all.

9. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Well honestly, think about it. We're the SPF. A community of let's say... oh and I'll be generous... 300 or so very active and legit members. Whereas b.net is... oh... let's say... a lot more than that. The frequency of things like that dropping is much higher than on Single Player due to the fact thousands of people are playing daily. If you were looking for information, find the proper place to ask, and state that you play single player, so suggesting such things isn't as possible in single player.

Then again if you weren't looking for information, then I guess you're right. Why even look? :confused:

10. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

not to mention that some run bots, and even if it isn't the majority just a small percentage running bots for 12 hours a day or however long they run there bots, really brings in alot of items.

11. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

2 x SoJ = ~660 p5 NM Meph runs. Suck it up.

I did my 660 runs, and guess what I'm wearing...

Everything is obtainable, even Enigma...I believe it took ~1000 p8 LK chest runs???

-GG

12. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

Ok, ok...I get the idea...just play more and get good gear. :)

It just seemed a little overwhelming at first.

13. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

that was just for the ber, and I was lucky.

14. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Incrediblely lucky. I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for a Ber in 1000 runs and certainly not a Jah too. But most other items in the setup are obtainable with some dedicated playing.

15. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

well, not incredibly lucky. I worked it out to be a 13% chance. Although you'd need a bit more than luck to find a jah there

16. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Then you might never get those items if you play self-found only. SOJs can drop, but pretty infrequently. Getting a harly isn't too tall an order though. *shrug* The point is, you don't have to have those items to make a very good Hammerdin. And if in your hammerin' days you happen to find something pretty to add to your chr, so much the better. But don't let not having the perfect gear already sitting in your stash stop you from having fun!

17. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Craziness! I made an untwinked hammerdin guardian without ANY of that stuff! Pretty modest gear actually. Others here have done so as well. The point is, play the game to have fun. Don't worry at all about being uber. ;)

18. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I do play the game for fun...and believe me...I have very little uberness. :)

The point was the high end gear they had over there...not that I won't play without that stuff.

19. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

pretty much the only thing you need to make a hammerdin "uber" is a HoZ. With that you should be able to carve through p1 hell. With the other stuff you'll be able to carve through p8 hell.

20. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

And the Shako you migt be able to get in a good give away. Really, not that impossible to get.

If only hammerdins were fun... instead, ditch all that stuff in a wind druid!