Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why dont you see this wep used more

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ssmsdb, Mar 20, 2004.

1. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

Why dont you see this wep used more

I currently play HCL,Just got done doing a MF run on Baal with my Summoner,While I was sitting there,letting my merc and skels have there way with Baal and me throwing in the occational Decrep..I was trying to think of a wep for my zealott to use on the D-Clone for when I run into him next, ( currently use a Azurwrath and on switch a Nords )Well my minions got done killing Baal and he droped a unique fanged knife " FleshRipper " and when I id'd it and looked at the mods (20-228 dmg, -50 def, 25%cb, 33%ds ,Slow 20% and the biggie," Prevent monster heal " ) This damn thing has D-Clone killer written all over it,just add a shael and it becomes very fast for a Pally, allthough with Fan, dont really think it would be necessary........I'm just really currious why you dont hear more about this particular wep on a pally, not just for killing the clone,but for gameing in general.

Scott

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

With a dagger Zeal stops at 5frame instead of 4. On a druid the range is too low and there is no mastery for a barb. It is the best Daggermancer weapon, and can be good on a frenzy barb or on a WW druid, but for those 2 there are better options

3. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Usually thrusting weapons are slower than striking weapons. It seems people perfer speed over the Fleshripper and probably may have other reasons for doing so.(Damage, and such.) Other than that i wouldn't know.

[email protected]~

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

well now that he mentions it i think someone should try it. 5 frame zeal is okay for PvM. I think most of us honestly just don't consider the dagger weapon class for a variety of reasons..

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

range 1 has a lot to do with it

6. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

If it was Dclone alone, then this weapon would be decent...

Other than that, it might be too low damage and too slow, as well as the range issues.

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Also - Fanat/Zeal... with 36 Durability isn't really the most joyous of things.

(though there's certainly worse items when it comes to that...)

8. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

Well, it got my zealot through Hell, so I cannot complain :D

9. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

With how many repair trips ? :evil:

10. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

Don't remember how many repair trips, probably quite a few. But i don't see that as a big deal, since it really doesn't cost that much. Usually every time i find a junk elite armor, I trade it for gold then repair.

11. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

On my concentrate barb who had 5 points in sword mastery, fleshripper killed faster than headstriker.., markedly so. Therefore it is an end game weapon for barbs or pali's :)

12. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Oh - I'm not concerned about the repair costs... Pick up a staff or scepter or wand or so and yer set. More about the annoyance of having to return to town like every five minutes :)

13. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I had a Daggermancer who used Fleshripper, loved it, along with Wizspike its the best dagger in the game, plain and simple.

As for the problem of it being ranged 1, I see plenty of Pallys using Nord's Tenderizer without any complaints.

As for durability, I used Djinn Slayer for my Avenger and that has durability of 22, that's the only annoying thing about that weapon. Fleshripper has plenty more durability.

14. binofury

binofury IncGamers Member

i have a chargadin who uses a ghostflame, the range is perfect for constant charging fun, fleshripper would probably work just as well here.