Why don't you see more lightning sorcs using crescent moon?

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Why don't you see more lightning sorcs using crescent moon?

Seems like that -35 to lit resists would outweigh the +skills and FCR from most popular weapon equips, wouldn't it?
 

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm... well as you said, it's lacking +skills, FCR, mana and anything useful other than that -res. It also has no room for facets. I think people might prefer to get Griffon's Eye and Eschutas or something and fill sockets with lit facets.
 

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
Seems like that -35 to lit resists would outweigh the +skills and FCR from most popular weapon equips, wouldn't it?
That's actually an interesting question. If you had Crescent Moon, and a 55 infinity, and 2 Perfect facets - would your enemies have 0 resistance to lightning? Meaning - no immumity whatsoever? In which case, it would be far more valuable! Seeing as Infinity's go for a kazillion ists...
 

lonnie913

Diabloii.Net Member
the "-enemy resistance" modifier does not affect immune monsters. there are two exceptions to this (that i can remember): conviction and lower resist. even these two are at 1/5 effectiveness versus immune monsters. so a conviction with -60 enemy resist (i dont know what lvl conviction that is, i just picked the number randomly) would only work for -12 resist against lightning immune monsters. this is fine if that particular monster has say...110 or maybe just 100 lightning resist. infinity would break this monsters immunity, and then crescent moon and facets and whatever else would lower the monsters resistance further. but conviction can not "team up with" griffons eye, facets, crescent moon, etc etc to break immunities. (conviction will try to break the immunity but the others have no effect on a monster with 100 or more resistance)
 

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
Hmm... well as you said, it's lacking +skills, FCR, mana and anything useful other than that -res. It also has no room for facets. I think people might prefer to get Griffon's Eye and Eschutas or something and fill sockets with lit facets.
what he said
it's the same situation as blizz sorcs/doom the -reisist is huge but no one wants to be slower for it
 

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Doom isn't as cool though (no pun intended, because I hate puns), since it just adds onto CM.
 

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
Doom isn't as cool though (no pun intended, because I hate puns), since it just adds onto CM.
Not COOL??????????????????

Dude... Its Holy Freeze aura... an AURA... AURA... AURA!!!!!!!!

LONNIE913 said:
what he said. it's the same situation as blizz sorcs/doom the -reisist is huge but no one wants to be slower for it
That's why such item called Death's Fathom exists my friend.

- Dennis
 
Top