Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why don't you PvP?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxicek, Sep 26, 2015.

1. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

We have a small but dedicated group of PvPers in the SPF and we would all like to see it be a bit bigger. I will be putting up some PvP games later this week and it would be great if we could get some new players involved.

For me PvP is what keeps me plying this game. Not necessarily the time actually fighting, but the planning, building, finding of items and levelling the characters is 90% of the fun.

So let us know - If you haven't PvPed before, what are your reasons for not giving it a go?

2. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I left my last D2 group (back in 2002) because they stopped adventuring and started pvping and I had absolutely no interest. Thirteen years later and nothing has changed!

coju likes this.
  3. dOOmas

dOOmas IncGamers Member

I just joined the SPF pvp scene with my underdeveloped/undergeared characters because like how maxicek said - the planning,gearing up and seeing you're characters get stronger is really fun.

I really hope to see more people join us. If you've never pvp'd just check the Pvp Week thread and try joining even if for abit.
    Pvpers are really friendly so the atmosphere is really great.

4. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

Because I am against time traveling and atma bugging so I wouldn't stand a chance.

5. dOOmas

dOOmas IncGamers Member

Look at time travelling this way - if you started playing in 1.10 and play till now (1.13), you've time travelled yourself.

Any older player has time traveled unintentionally.

6. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Now that d00mas is proved to be incredibly great host, I have much more interest in PvP-ing!

I think pretty much anyone will have great ping on his host, unless from Australia. Even US player had similar ping I have on Maxicek's host. I mean, that is incredible host.

7. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

That doesn't matter. I do not like playing 1.07 on purpose just for easier leveling and getting ridiculous equip and charms then to get it to 1.13. That is my opinion and just a reasoning to why i won't participate in pvp.

8. dOOmas

dOOmas IncGamers Member

+ @TheNix , don't think if people have some 07 gear that they're automatically OP,they're not.
    I've managed to kill them with my sorc. I suggest trying to join when we're pvping and check it out for yourself.

P.S you don't have to trade with them to participate so you're not tainted.
    And don't worry,the gap of gear is not even that big to even notice it if you're character is well geared in 1.13.

9. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Mostly because I suck at it. But I'm working on a character, so I'll hopefully give it another shot here soon.

10. Gripphon

Now that we have two capable hosts, I really hope to see more frequent PvP action around. We can play like once in two weeks at least if not every weekend for 1 day. Depending on how much busy are people, but I do hope we can have more frequent PvP-ing now than just 3 times a year for PvP week.

11. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I think you got the wrong guy.

12. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Ergroilnin, I agree that 1.07 and to lesser extent ATMA bugging do increase your chance of winning in pvp. But that's all. Just increasing your chance. If you think pvp character wouldn't be competitive with only 1.13 gear, you are VERY wrong.

Will it be tougher to build such char? Sure. Will variant with 1.07 items will better? Sure. Will it mean 1.13 variant will not be competitive? Absolutely not. It will take a bit more wits when building character and considering options of what items to use, but to say that properly geared/played 1.13 char can't beat 1.07 haxxors is nothing but self imposed misconception.

Want further proof?

[​IMG]

This is completely 1.13 character. I don't think there is single character other than well played bone necros and 1.07 fueled bow amazons that can beat this character in 1v1 reliably. It's far from *get prepatch hax win all matches* mentality people are self imposing.
    Just saying to clear this misconception.

13. dOOmas

dOOmas IncGamers Member

yeah sorry, it was meant for Ergroilnin

At first i thought i had no chance to compete,but i thought i'd try at least and boy was i wrong.

Even with my suboptimal gear i can still compete. Atm my blizz sorc is fully 1.13 geared with a 2/1/1 CTA, i don't have optimal charms i would want.

P.S. I'm asking whoever tried PvP with us,atleast join once and you'll see how much fun it is/how you won't even realize who's using 07 and who's not.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  14. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

The misconception that someone who doesn't time travels doesn't stand a chance it's just that, a misconception. People should actually try/see/test before spreading blatant lies.

And other than that, and quoting the PvP sticky:

Who really wants to PvP in SPF with us has several information available and can see we are constantly trying to help with gear, strategy and ideas for builds. And who bothers to read what is available can see that we can even accommodate who doen't want to duel versus 1.07/8 Shako, Arkaine's, Wizzy, Valk and Crafts, 1.07 Maxers, 1.08 HLW, 1.10a BKWB and 1.10s CtA and Bramble.

Even if such gear doesn't increase your life that much. The only character that really changes a lot is the Bowazon, and maybe the (lol) Rabies druid (frozzzen's one is not lol tho, that stuff is tier 0!) Edit: And to some degree 105fcr vita sorcs.

PvP Skills > PvP Time travelling gear. Or else I'd never lose a game :p

Speaking for myself, getting all that gear was mostly for the challenge and fun. I'm sure I wouldn't be still playing if I only had 1.13d targets and goals. Every person has their own challenges, many players like to try several builds and mat/pat a lot in 1.13d. Gripphon and others want best efficiency possible in 1.13d. Me and some others like to hunt items in every version.

Who really wants to duel versus people that only have gear found in 1.13d. I guess they are in the wrong forum because most/all people who traded did it or didn't mind getting tainted, and this forum never encouraged a restart after 1.11 and banned time travelling.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    coju likes this.
  15. Gripphon

I think @mir can say something about the matter since he PvP's with vanilla style for years, aka having even greater disadvantage than just not using time traveled/bugged items.

16. dOOmas

dOOmas IncGamers Member

He pvps with your guys and he's vanilla?

17. Gripphon

Yes. I tried to persuade him to try to PvP without vanilla style to improve his chars, but he prefers to stay vanilla for now.

18. dOOmas

dOOmas IncGamers Member

eventually if he wants,he might convert to FAM,i'm glad i did because it opens up even more possibilities.

19. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Hey, I might go and try some PvP. My internet connection is still not the best, but it might be enough to pvp now. Worth a test at least. :p what kind of ping minimum required is considered to be needed for fun enough pvp experience

20. dOOmas

dOOmas IncGamers Member

i've pvp'd with 100-200(i'd like less) but if you're EU and i'm the host,you should have up to a 100 ping which is great for pvp.