Why don't I get full screen!?!?

illerrre

Diabloii.Net Member
Why don't I get full screen!?!?

I'm playing on my laptop with 1400 x 1050 resolution. When I start d2 I get an extremely small screen. Like half the laptop screen. How come? How can I fix this?

shiftyz

Diabloii.Net Member
are you running the game from a shortcut? Try right clicking it and going to properties. Make sure the "target" doesnt end with -w or -window. If that's not it, then i'm stumped.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Correct me if I am wrong but DII doesn't run in 1400 x 1050 resolution, but instead in a smaller one (can't recall stats atm). So if your laptop has that resolution then DII will appear in a smaller screen and not full screen.

illerrre

Diabloii.Net Member
Well d2 doesnt run in 1280 x 1024 that i have on my other comp either still I get full screen there

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting. How are the graphics at 1280 x 1024 resolution? Are they choppy and grainey or do they look good and smooth?

illerrre

Diabloii.Net Member
adecoy said:
try putting your computers resolution to 800x600
Then I don't get fullscreen anywhere from my laptop. At the desktop it will be a small screen and black ll around it. 1400 x 1050 is the only resolution I can have for full screen:/

(mybe has nothing to do with it but everything works fine on WC3)

TTTimo

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting. How are the graphics at 1280 x 1024 resolution? Are they choppy and grainey or do they look good and smooth?
On my 1280x1024 laptop they actualy look better then on my normal PC.

As for the OP's problem, try setting your resolution to 800x600 thats what the game runs at.

adecoy

Diabloii.Net Member
maby your laptop is so high tech or something it laughts at 800x600 and wont even support that resolution at all

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
your laptops screen doesnt support standard resolutons
it runs it at native instead of streatching it out to fill the screen
check if there are updated video drivers or bios for it