why dont blizzard

atrocity

Diabloii.Net Member
why dont blizzard

i think diablo was and still one of the most immersive time sucker games of all time why dont blizzard make a new one :s cause we all are waiting for i hope so soon

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
They did make a new one and called it Diablo 2. :)

The core programmers which made Diablo and Diablo 2 'left'(got layed off) Blizzard and started their own company, which produced Hellgate London. From what I have read this game has a lot of elements of Diablo 2, but is played as an FPS in a techno/sci-fi environment.

You could also give Guild Wars a go, which, from what I heard also has a lot of similarities with Diablo 2.

Then there's Titans quest, which somebody advised me as being similar to Diablo 2, though it's missing the online cooperative play I value so much in Diablo 2.

So personally, I'll just stick with playing Diablo 2 on battle.net
I never found the latest addition to the Diablo legacy(LoD) very appealing.

A lot of people are waiting for a Ladder reset at the moment, but we should not guess when it will be, since only Blizzard descides when it will be reset. They will announce the reset at least 5 weeks after they reset it. :)

Rumors are going around that Bliz is working on Diablo 3, but those have been around since Diablo 2 came out. And speculating on such rumors is futile, since only Blizzard knows what, where, how and when.

deichsela

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo-Like

I've heard Dungeon Siege 1&2 are similar to Diablo 2. ^^
They did make a new one and called it Diablo 2. :)
World Of Warcraft too, although Blizzard put a Warcraft skin on it. =\

The core programmers which made Diablo and Diablo 2 'left'(got layed off) Blizzard and started their own company, which produced Hellgate London. From what I have read this game has a lot of elements of Diablo 2, but is played as an FPS in a techno/sci-fi environment.

You could also give Guild Wars a go, which, from what I heard also has a lot of similarities with Diablo 2.
Three ex-Blizzard employees founded Arena.Net and created Guild Wars.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Ex Blizz guys are also creating Hellgate: London. We have a site up on our network for that game, as well as Guild Wars. Titan's Quest is probably the closest thing to D2. But there are inventory management issues, which I am not sure have been addressed yet. The game drops so much loot, that you cannot even pick up becaue you would always be heading to town to sell. I played the demo. I have not yet bought the game, but I think I will, in the absence of D3. I may even buy Hellgate.