Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why does the game lag hardcore when boss's die???????????? <

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Surprentis, May 19, 2008.

1. Surprentis

Surprentis IncGamers Member

Why does the game lag hardcore when boss's die????????????

Sometimes when i kill certain boss's it sounds like the CD spins up right when the boss dies and i dont even get to see any of the loot because people already took all the dam loot. My pc's spec are NOT the problem. Is there some cd settings or something??? Its really really annoying and sometimes causes me to die like it seems that it spins up to get music or something along those lines who knows. Its also happend say when im in act 5 and just use a waypoint to like the first waypoint u get to defeat the 2 bosses (the north and south ones) that are right there (u know the guy for the quest u can kill alot sometimes drops okay stuff). Either way i dunno if anyone else has experianced this but in all the years ive played i feel like i have

Thank you for any information regarding, or even experiancing the same situation

Surp

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Re: Why does the game lag hardcore when boss's die????????????

There are some MPQ's that are on the diablo expansion CD that is not in your installation folder. Copy those over too and the lag will stop.

3. Surprentis

Surprentis IncGamers Member

could you be more specific

4. AnimeCraze

I am being very specific already. Copy every file that ends in .mpq that is in your Diablo Expansion CD that is NOT in your installation directory (usually c:/Program Files/DiabloII) over. (if you can't see file extensions, go to folder options and uncheck "hide known file extensions", I think folder options is under view, but I am not on Windows now, so I can't check)

5. godistejp

godistejp IncGamers Member

Wow amazing, i found 3 mpq's that werent in the diablo folder, but will this work and eliminate the lagg when bosses die? :party:

I am right now temporary restricted.. have been for 12 hours and i hope to be able to play later today. So I cant test if it work :)

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

It will help, but Shenk is another matter. Try the Glide Wrapper. Run d2test, choose glide, go.

The smallest file here shows with it running. It's a 10mb download though. Short version: it helps a lot on newer cards.

7. AnimeCraze

Ya, the fix above is mainly for the music load when going to Frigid and for Baal killing. Using a glide wrapper or simply running in direct 2D fixes the Shenk problem.

8. The Italian Oak

The Italian Oak IncGamers Member

I'm trying to follow what he is saying and I did find the files but where do you put them. There is only one install icon and it is not a folder

9. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

The .mpq's from the d2 LoD disk go into the Diablo II folder.

The glidewrapper downloads a zip file. Unzip all files into the Diablo II folder. Run d2videotest, choose glide then run the glide-int front end to choose options (or leave default).