why does no one want socketables

mjpw

Banned
why does no one want socketables

Hi

i am a poor poor player. total net worth around 3 ums

i thought that running cows would be good for getting wealth but no one is interested.

i am offering 5sox phase blades for grief and things like that but no one has even offered a pgem.

can anyone offer an explanation sould i do something else

thanks

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
People rarely settle for less than the best nowadays. That is one of the problems when ladder has kept going too long, people get too rich.
Some things are just worth pgems, while the same item but with 15%ed or something similar could be worth loads of ists.

You need to find the right things, that's it. Check trade forums and see which things people usually pay lots for. Socketables is a big market indeed.

mjpw

Banned
thanks for that. if you have time i have a list of socketables in the Europe ladder at the moment could you check them and tell me what is wrong with them.

i have 5 sox phase blades you name it but no one is interested

t

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
For socketables, try:

Armor:
Superior Archon plate with 3 to 4 socket, IMO ed doesn't matter much as people will pay 1-3 hr on such, unless it is 15ed, which people will pay even more.)
Superior Sacred armor with zero or 4 socket, although you may have a hard time finding a buyer of this, but personally someone pay me 5 hr for a white 15ed sacred armor before.
Any superior elite armor with ed with 3-4 socket, although not as worthy as archon plate, but superior armors will always come in handy.

Shields:
Ethereal Elite paladin shield, prefer with high resists, people can pay insane for such shields, e.g. I have seen someone offering 12 hr for ethereal vortex shield with 40+ resist on my realm.
Superior or normal elite paladin shield, with 40+ resist, preferrably a sacred targe. People will also pay a LOT for such shields, as they do very good in spirits.
Superior monarchs: although hard to find a buyer, but this shield potentially can worth pretty much.

Weapons:
Ethereal Berserker axe and colossus blade (0-6os): People generally will make botd on zerker, and eth zerker should fetch you a hr or 3 easy.
5os Berserker axe: Some people make grief in such axe, and 5os zerker is so rare that this axe can get you at least 3 hr, even more.
5os phase blade: this can potentially get you hr if you find a right buyer.
4os elite amazon bow with 3 skill (matriarchal bow/ grand matron bow): Hard to obtain, but they can get you rich easy, even more if they come with ed.
4os elite bow, preferrably with ed: some people will make merc faith, and those people can pay good for a good one.

Can't think of more now, as Lorven said, try go to trading forums and see how socketables go for =)

Cdnexpat

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are poor and are looking for wealth, Pgems are probably the way to go. I believe that 40 Pgems go for HR. While your at it save junk jewels too. I believe you can also get HR for 40 of them, though I may be mistaken about this.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
If you are poor and are looking for wealth, Pgems are probably the way to go. I believe that 40 Pgems go for HR. While your at it save junk jewels too. I believe you can also get HR for 40 of them, though I may be mistaken about this.
HR's are more expensive than that on Europe though. But pgems is a way to get started at least. You can buy most of "the usual gear" with it, thus making yourself a decent but not overpowered char.

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
i started my d2 career again with nothing but mfing in nm act 4 killing diablo and collecting flaws to make p gems, got my way up to full tals and from there made a godly pally which im working on atm with torch, anni, dracs, enigma, hoto, hoz, um shako, and arach belt... u just need some time to get really up it took me bout 2 months playing 1-3 hours a day...