Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why does my rabies suck for PVM?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by TeamMonkey, Oct 19, 2006.

1. TeamMonkey

TeamMonkey IncGamers Member

Why does my rabies suck for PVM?

I've got level 31 rabies + maxed poison creeper on my fury/rabies druid. (only one skiller)
    The damage is 17k, but it jsut seems to suck for physical immunes, it seems the firestorm from the torch kills quicker.
    Here is my gear:
    Jalals
    Grief PB +Storm/ Ribcracker upped shaeled
    Chains of Honour.
    Gores Riders
    TO gloves
    Verdungos
    Raven/Dual Leach Ring/ Highlords

How could I improve my rabies without sacrificing too much fury damage (fury owns all non physical immunes)?

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Unless you really focus on it and have good charms, I've found that rabies isn't particularly good in PvM at all. It works well enough when leveling (I ran my fury/rabies hybrid through solo, and the 1-2k rabies was beautiful in places like flayer jungle), but come Hell it really starts to run out of steam, because everything has resistances.

So basically... without -res gear, rabies is mainly a pvp skill, IMO.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Rabies isn't really that great for pvm. Slvl 31 rabies has a duration of 16 seconds, which means you will do just above 1k damage per second.
    Then say we apply this to a random monster that comes physical immune;

Hell Temptress (those flying things shooting red balls in baals throne room)
    They come with 2730-5460 hit points, and 25% poison resistance.
    In a single player game this monster would take ~750 damage/second. Your best would be killing this monster in ~4 seconds after infecting.
    Now imagine an 8 player game, recalculate, and voila!

Btw, baal has ~493k hit points in a single player game. Dont try rabies him to death. It would take a while.

So, rabies is not the best pvm skill, nopes.

If you want to improve it without sacrificing fury damage, you could either get Bramble runeword armor (+25-50% psn damage), and some more skillers.

4. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

fury fury fury.......go pure fury..........for PI's get a big bad baranar's star and storm........and wackem hard and fast in the face.........decrepify act2 merc helps alot but it's grose expensive

5. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Reapers isnt THAT expensive...

6. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Lolz..Cuz it's pvm, you see a 50k rabies beat a pi in a maybe a minute, but thats focusing on rabies. F/R is great, and rabies is still good for regen monsters, or even taking down a packs health a bit as you kill some of them off, you may want to look into an alternitive method to kill pi's tho.

IMC :grin:

7. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

If you just want to boost your Rabies damage, ditch the Grief and get a Death's Web instead. Also, socketing some poison facets or adding a Bramble would do nice things to your damage output.

The problem is that most PI enemies are also pretty poison resistant, so if you want to use Rabies as a PI solution, you'll need a lot of -% enemy poison resist. Also, like all poison skills, Rabies ramps up dramatically with extra levels, so +skills are very important.

8. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

I just started a Fure/Rabies PvM and came to the same conclusion. It's just too slow. Would Fireclaws + 1 synergy be better?

9. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

For PvM if you're Fury just throw on a Baranar, Azure, Lightsaber, or some other sort of mafical/elemental damage weap. Using Azure I can take out the minions in Uber Trist Relatively easily.

10. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

don't forget to shael them.......and eventualy get a bad *** shield for protection

11. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

Is keeping an atma's scarab in the cube/stash for PI's that hard? You lose a bit of the fun from Highlord but 20% ar bonus and casting of amp makes PI's melt once it casts which shouldn't take too long with a fast fury speed.

12. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

That works to a certain extent. However, some uniques have more Physical Resistance then Amp can take off. So a high non physical damage weap is still a way to go.

13. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

or a tomb reaver.........on you or the merc........but i thinks it is a bit slow.....