Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why does my Fury/Rabies Druid suck?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Bad Religion, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Bad Religion

Bad Religion Banned

Why does my Fury/Rabies Druid suck?

Ok so I saw Kiba's threads about how much fury/rabies can own so I made my own wolf but even with pretty nice gear, I still suck. I have a hard time against weak builds and chars not to mention that smiters, sorcs, bone necros, hammerdins etc rape me. Could someone plz tell me where I went wrong or what gear I need to use. My gear and stats are as follows:

lvl 87 Druid; AZ_WolfZero

about 4.5k life w/ oak (low I know)
    Max Lycanthropy, Oak Sage, Fury, Rabies
    12-13 in Poison Creeper
    1 pnt in each: Werewolf, raven, summon wolf, feral rage, any other pre reqs im forgetting?

Gear:
    30/383 Grief Pb/ Ebotd Giant Thresher (is 30 ias enough on pb?)
    Um'd SS
    Jalals
    crafted fcr SS ammy; +2 SS, 9fcr, 5ll, 9res all, some dex and mana
    15ed Dusk Nigma
    LoH/Trang gloves/upped Bloodfists (for fhr)
    ravenfrost
    res all ring/dual leech ring with ar and mana
    38/11 Dungos
    13/14/60% Treks
    assorted gcs; Shape gc, max/ar fhr gc, life scs etc

Max res in hell with default gear
    2k def
    4.5k life
    My AR is around 10k for furies/rabies too but it doesn't seem to do well
    7.8k fury with ebotd Giant thresher/ dunno exact damage with grief but it doesn't show up correctly on the screen anyways
    Max DR but only ~50% block with about 160+dex

So my question is what should I change about my gear or future stat/skill points? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

grief is too slow, thresher is good... but scrap both and get one ebotd zerker with ss 'eld' or 'shael' so you can block better. Thing I like about breath of dying compared to grief is +30 stats, which gives u that extra kicker on blocking and life and strength for xtra damage ^^

Life problem = no anni, no dtorch, no cta...primarily. Lots of 17-20 lifeys help dramatically, too. Scrap ar/resist/fhr charms... you're wasting life man. Get anghellics, anghellics, anghellics....... get Anghellics. anghellic ammy/ring with raven should solve problem hitting any barbs/pallys-- for lower def char's like casters, werewolfs, etc... use highlords-- that ammy you're using sux 4 fury btw.

imo, fury/rabies is gonna suck unless you have all the gear they say though, it pretty much comes down to that--its pretty cost demanding. Why? because rabies will suck without enough +skillz (besides getting trang gloves, those are ez) and dweb/monarch for trick--so there goes that idea. This means that if your GC's then aren't included with life mods, your life will be ****e--this means u can't tank after rabies to survive like Kiba can. And if you're all Shape/life GC's this means u have to have a high anni/torch and something else like a CoH to compensate for all the resist you'll be lacking. So why does it wok for Kiba and a few others and not for Joe Shmow who gets pwned, because he can afford to compensate for both life and damage and everything else at once because he's rich and can afford the best gear....that's it, so dont compare yourself to them. Sry its the truth, 90% all the difference is in the +1 shape/30-40 lifers... its difference betw 15k rabies and 40k while maintaining same high life.

3. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

Looks like pretty standard f/r gear, actually I have almost the exact same setup (I use a Highlords instead for the dealdy strike, and Aldur's boots for life). How much rabies damage are you getting? I just checked mine and with Enigma and Bloodfists I have 26-27k, with Bramble and Trang's gloves it jumps to 43-44k. With a Death's Web and poison facet monarch that'll jump even higher.

If you want to improve your rabies damage, finish putting points in poison creeper. You could eek out a little more ar buy putting points into werewolf. Although another option would be to use a combination of angelic rings or ring and amulet. Also some people say enchant from Demon Limb works wonders.

Also while Grief deals consistent damage, a Breath of the Dying zerker has a little more range, which can come in handy when someone else is swinging a phase.

As far as dueling goes, against melee putting some points into dexterity should be a big help. Against casters, charge up the feral rage for more run/walk speed, and if you can get more from gear (without sacrificing resists, fhr, etc.) that could also help (something simple like a Cat's Eye amulet). Using rabies effectively lets you control the tempo of the duel too, as it puts your opponent on the clock, keep cool and capitalize on the mistakes they'll make.

Hope that helps, you pretty much have a good chunk of the gear in place, as Jary mentioned charms and jewelry will make a big difference :smiley: .

4. Bad Religion

Bad Religion Banned

Forgot to say that i do have dtorch and ebotdz (which doesn't seem to kill as fast as grief in both pvm or pvp) and I do use demon limb for pre-buff, however I am still working on getting anni, cta/spirit, SS lifers, all the rich guy stuff, but I need to move some of my highend items (i.e. forts, griefs and other nice runewords that I made in preparation for the ladder ending, but it seems it will never come).

Once I sell some of them and get the hrs I need to buy that stuff I should be able to afford dweb, cta, 20/-20 psn monarch, etc. I am just wondering if it is worth it, I mean will I really be able to take on smiters, I have a really cheap hammerdin who can do that easy but its not very gratifying. So I guess now it comes down to is it worth the investment, lemme know what you think guys.

Btw, my rabies damage is only about 12k, 15k with trang gloves. I do realize that I need shape gcs but it doesnt seem like anyone has them for sale.

5. Caninja

Caninja IncGamers Member

I felt the same way you did after I got inspired to make a Stoutewolf type wolf and found myself losing alot. I've learned alot from watching Kiba's videos and after upgrading some of my equipment, I started doing a lot better. Read Stoutewolf's guide if you haven't already (great gear advice). Here are a few humble suggestions (I'm no Kiba or Stoute)

1. Get Angelic ammy and rings to improve AR vs high def classes. You'll notice a big improvement since 10k AR is abit low.

2. Treks are nice but you probably can get a set of low def Gorerider boots for cheap.

3. Some ppl like to use Ebotd Zerker because of the range vs using Grief. Up to you but I've noticed it has helped vs some Barbs and Pallies who do have range 3 weapons (Grief is range 2). Don't worry about IAS on Grief, they all reach same breakpoint.

As for class pvp advice, bone necs are probably the hardest class to duel, especially if they are played really well or if they use bm. Hammerdins can be easy if you go all damage and using your highest range wpn. I love exploiting their weak side from the south. Most of the time I don't even have to look for an opening as they usually underestimate you and conveniently teleport within range of your weapon (Sorceresses do same thing sometimes).

I'm still not done with my wolf yet since they are so damn expensive. After getting a mix of plain and life SS gcs along with dtorch and anni, I noticed I started doing alot better in pubs (You can get plain SS gcs for lem each). I can't give a lot of advice since my wolf isn't done but I hope this helps.

6. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Sry, I didn't mean to go all negative nancy, 'cause you still can make a really successful dueler without godly dweb/monarch and shape/lifers:

Basically the way dueling goes is, get situational items for different char's in your stash:

wwbarbs/Pally's(exile)-- use anghellics for 25k+ ar and you'll hit almost every time ^^. The way to think about it is, your ar is attacking their defense, and visa versa. therefore, for lower def char's u can be safe to use highlords for the xtra deadly strike and just go all damage =)

casters,wwsins,werewolfs-- if they're casters just use the proper resisance gear such as nokoziak, hellmouth or Tgods. Venom Ward against wwsins. dr gear against wolfs.

This is just my opinion but when dueling pubs with a lotta players, Guardian Angel is a great armor piece to switch into if you have stacked resists for fire/light etc, because it gives you guaranteed max block if your block is in the 50's like u say plus it shuts down all casters with the right gear :)
    lata playa

7. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Key thing too makin and playing a werewolf is you kinda have too be a diehard fan for the build , sounds weird i know but if you want too be good your gonna have too dedicate all your time too playin this build if you wanna have fun with it.

Stick with the build and dont give up and you will eventually pick up and make your own strategys vs other builds.

oh and 1 more thing too add this aint a build that absolutel pwns pub games every time , i die all the time =0 but im not ashamed of it because i know my newb werewolf as most will call it can kill top notch wind druids , bvc's , bow zons, etc (main weaknesses would be smiters, necros , things that can tele fast away

8. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

How do you do against ww/trappers elohim?

9. eatabigfategg

eatabigfategg Banned

how to beat everyone:

um jalals
    um storm
    tgods
    CoH
    treks
    hellmouths
    raven/wisp
    metalgrid
    grief phase
    cta/ spirit to shift

inventory of 20 life/res scs. some shifters are ok.
    stash: venom grips and tal'd andys

treachery prebuff
    enchant demon limb

vs casters - laugh they can't hurt you.

vs melee - iron maiden them and summon a bear, hold shift fury.

GG

10. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

You make this build. I would like you kill you in one hit =P

11. eatabigfategg

eatabigfategg Banned

i have this druid.

2.6-9k dmg botdz
    26k ar with hl/ravens
    8904 life.
    massive all res stack
    max dr
    massive incresed % res and absorb
    max block

name one thing that can kill me in a single hit and i will give you 4 billion sojs.

12. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

8904 life
    Max Dr
    Max block

How?

13. olwe

olwe IncGamers Member

To the original poster -

1. You absolutely need max block in pvp, no questions.

2. Don't use a dual leech ring in pvp - that doesn't do anything - and no fcr amulet, you're a melee guy you have no usee for fcr. Use either highlords + 2 ravens or one raven and angelic ring / amulet. If you're righting casters use an amulet with res since you won't need the ds from the highlords.

3. Don't use treks, use gores - the melee mods are too good to ignore. Shael your jalals. Shaeled Jalals + bfists + dungos = 90 fhr, 3 frame hit recovery. For casters I guess you could keep an um jalal in stash, I know remsy uses this switch and it works well for him.

4. Your grief pb is not too slow - ias on the pb doesn't matter for fury. The others are right saying ebotdz does give you more range, which helps a great deal in some cases.

5. Don't use ar/max/fhr gcs - again you have enough fhr, just use shape lifers, life scs, etc. Remember each shape charm gives you more life through your lyc skill.

14. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

What are you talking about greif phase blades being too slow!?!?!!!?? A greif phase blade is never too slow. And the damage of greif phase is all ways better then a ebotd zerk. Jary you really need to start learning and stop giving bad addvice like this plz.

Ok poster, your weapons are fine but the treasher has a little bit to much in stats needed. Its like a weaker version of a ebotd greater pole axe. Your greif phase blade is a good weapon to own. Not only that but the requirements on it is perfect for some one that wants to have a max block rate. Your all ways going to be adding 2 dex per lvl you get to keep your max block rate no matter what lvl you are. Here look at the stats of my werewolf I get 7.5k life from that build.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8782/screenshot241on3.jpg

Yes I use 8 shape gc with life on them and 10 small charms with 20 life on them each. They have second mods most of them are attack ratting and/or damage. Poster if I was you I would stick to your weapons. Then get better charms. When it comes to armors the only ones that matter to me right now are fort, treachery, and bramble.

15. Bad Religion

Bad Religion Banned

hmm I have fort but the fr/w and the skills, life and DR seem alot better, I really need that faster run speed against zons, casters in general. It Doesn't seem that fort is as good as nigma for pvp. I will try to get shape lifers but they are hard to find.