Why does everyone smoke pot??

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
Why does everyone smoke pot??

Its like damn... i feel like the only guy who doesn't smoke weed. With the exception of like 2 or 3 people i know who do, everyone is just a worthless stoner living off thier parents money playing videogames and sleeping.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm stereotyping much?

I smoke weed/pot every week (most days) for the last 7-8 years. I've never 'sponged off my parents' for it. It's a way to relax after work. Mostly all my friends smoke it and none of them live off their parents either...

KnightFall

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't smoke.

You need new friends. ;)

Edit: Not because they smoke but because they are "living off thier parents money playing videogames and sleeping".

I just wanted to be clear on that point.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
there are just sooo many people who's college life revolves around marijuana and nothing else. seriously, people who smoke several times a day are just damn worthless. How much more productive would colleges be if half the students weren't busy planning thier days around getting stoned and going far out of thier way to do it?

I mean theres one thing to do it in responsible moderation... but all the time?? come on some people are just rediculous, and that number is getting large.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
That's where your getting the wrong view off smokers I think.

Most college smokers are likely to be that way I guess, hell most of them probably drink a load too. But everyone I know is older then that, even some friends parents smoke it. It can make you pretty useless smoking weed all the time which is why I mainly smoke pot with some weed now and again. But I do know people who smoke weed 24/7 and are still active and hold good jobs...

KnightFall

Darnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
nnndave said:
Its like damn... i feel like the only guy who doesn't smoke weed. With the exception of like 2 or 3 people i know who do, everyone is just a worthless stoner living off thier parents money playing videogames and sleeping.
Why does everyone smoke pot you say? Why do people drink alcohol, eat fast food, go sky diving, smoke cigarettes, play video games, etc..

Yes pot smoking has become more prevalent over the past couple decades; many people find it pleasurable; and some, like the people you know, are lazy and don't want to do anything with their lives besides pleasure themselves.

Your post sounds more like a rant than a subject of debate though; are you complaining because you don't smoke it and don't understand why they do? Or is it that you don't understand why they sit around smoking and leeching off their parents?

If it's the second, it's partially the parents fault for allowing them to do it, thereby saying its okay to be a bump on a log for the rest of their lives. At least they play video games and smoke; there are plenty of people who just sit around watching tv and do nothing with their lives.

Nos2

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
It can make you pretty useless smoking weed all the time which is why I mainly smoke pot with some weed now and again.
KnightFall
What is the difference between pot and weed? I always referred to them as one and the same.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
The last time I smoked out Reagan was in the White House. The habit just doesn't stick with some people.

And yeah, Amra's right . . . you need different acquaintances. :D

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Nos2 said:
What is the difference between pot and weed? I always referred to them as one and the same.
Weed is dried bush form.

Skunk is hydroponically (sp?) grown weed.

Pot is resin, made from weed/skunk thats been processed and the juices solidified into resin.

Skunk > Weed > Pot in strength.

KnightFall

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
i like marijuana and i smoke marijuana. there is nothing to understand about it, its just a habbit. a lot of marijuana smokers are very intelligent and have a decent job. just ask my 'tar

Dirty_Zulu

Diabloii.Net Member
Can weed give you lung cancer?

Can you smoke it twice a week for 6 months and quit?

Can you drive safely while stoned?

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:

1. no. marijuana does not cause cancer
2. yes you can quit. marijuana is not highly addictive
3. NO!

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:

Well most people wont smoke weed 'pure'. You use tobacco too. So yes. Not sure if pure would do it to you, cant afford to smoke weed pure...

Yes

Difficult one, it does effect your ability to react yeah but it depends how much you smoke. It's like having 1 beer and being ok to drive, 1 spliff and you'd be ok too.

KnightFall

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
Well most people wont smoke weed 'pure'. You use tobacco too. So yes.

Yes

Difficult one, it does effect your ability to react yeah but it depends how much you smoke. It's like having 1 beer and being ok to drive, 1 spliff and you'd be ok too.

KnightFall
oh come on, you can't drive a car after you smoke, i mean you can but it won't be good for your health

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:
Yeah. but what doesn't give you cancer these days?

I smoked a great deal in high school, then not at all my first 3 semesters of college. Now I smoke maybe once a week, probably less.

I can, but I usually don't. I find it far too stressful an activity to attempt while stoned, but I know some people who do it just fine. I tend to think driving should always be left to the sober, just like if I was using alcohol.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
nrabbit said:
oh come on, you can't drive a car after you smoke, i mean you can but it won't be good for your health
Can and do. But like I say, I mostly smoke solids so it's not so bad as weed/skunk. Generally have to leave it a while after smoking the skunk before I drive...

They are bringing in a new test in England to detect if you've been smoke-driving like a breath test... It's a swab of your saliva I believe

KnightFall

Wrathchild

Diabloii.Net Member
what i've understood about marijuana is that it aint that bad, atleast if you know what you're doing. But its kindof bad when kids try it and they're like "Duh, cool! :clap: :clap: lets try something stronger!" and the next thing they do is they try crack or lsd. thats been the case for some youngsters.