Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why does everyone shun me?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Meosha, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

Why does everyone shun me?

Okay, every time I trade, I am astonished by the quality of other people's items. Even people 20-30 level below my (I am level 64) have an amazing array of exceptional and elite unique items, whereas my normal uniques look pitiful in comparison. You can guess the reactions I get: I have heard "Don't need"(usually misspelled) many, many times.

Am I missing out on some critical secret of Magic Find? Are these people Ebaying or duping? Or does my character and strategy just suck?

Help!

2. Inu

Inu Banned

Well my guess would be that you don't play as much as most other people. Just get a character going, if you're Softcore it's NP. Get a working Hell Sorceress ( Blizzard or Orb ) and go kill Mephisto, time after time, again and again. You'll find excellent equipments there even with low MF %.

If you're really poor get to Hell and leech exp from Baal runs and gather the lower uniques no one picks up.

My advice though is to just go Hell Mephing no matter how much you die -_- When you get that Stormshield you'll think it's worth it.

( When you got a few items you go Pit running but that's another story )

3. Xecras

Xecras IncGamers Member

I can't even begin to say how much I relate with this guy.

4. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Everyone once started out poor. (well, almost everyone)
    And it doesn't matter what the other char's lvl is. You don't know whether they are starting their 100th char, or it's still their first one.

Just follow their advice, get to hell meph, and start running. But it's not as easy as ppl make it sound. Teleporting is hard at first, and dont be afraid to drink potions.

And if you want some decent mid-ranged items, just collect all the perfect gems you find. You can use that to trade for decent stuff over at the trade forum. (or just PM me :) )

5. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

The question is, how to get there? Most people won't do runs in Hell unless it's in exchange for something and the few people (I know personally) have just as hard a time in Hell diff. as myself.

6. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

Here's the problem; I'm not a Sorceress, I'm an extremely convoluted Necromancer. Which is why I asked if it was because my character and strategy sucked- they really do.Still, you'd think I'd be able to find at least one item other people value in three months.

7. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Just be patient and look for the random questing games to get to hell baal. Then join the hell baal games.

But I have to disagree with the poster. It's really hard to leech items off baal run games. Ppl are notoriously quick fingered when it comes to picking drops, not to mention pickit users.

It's better to make a new sorc, pure ice or pure fire, solely for the purpose of meph running.

8. Xecras

Xecras IncGamers Member

You CAN mule what you get from the sorc on to the Necro. But BE CAREFUL. I lost a Bloodletter from muling.

9. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Depending on how well off Meosha is, maybe mephy isnt best? Yes, he drops well, but you've also got to have decent resists + some + skill gear on a sorc. Otherwise it'll be frustrating, dying a few times, just getting to meph.

Maybe try andy runs? Long as you pack some anti pots and pres, its ok.

10. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

That's why I transfer items one at a time, in areas nobody else is in.

So far I haven't lost anything this way.

(EDIT: Xenon, I tend to do pretty well on Nightmare Diablo runs, and I have had some unexpected success running Nightmare Shenk the Overseer many times. But they're still always Normal uniques.

11. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

Meosha, what realm are you on? are you on ladder? i would be willing to lvl up a new sorc with you. We can talk if you are on east softcore ladder or Euro HC ladder.

12. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

USEast softcore ladder.

Account name is Kandarin (If anyone recognizes the name, we have a lot in common)

13. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

dont worry Meosha you day will come. I, like most people here was at one point in your shoes when i first started. for gods sake i beat normal diablo with a 4 socket repeater crossbow with 6 perf emerealds in it! took a while and i died lots but it got done!

what im trying to say is be patient, just keep playing and eventually you'll get a lucky break

14. Mister-Hat

Mister-Hat IncGamers Member

I run into that problem too. I don't trade very often because I prefer to play with items that I find. If I am playing a druid and I find a cool sorc item, it gives me a good excuse to try out a new sorc build on ladder. :) If you do want to have more success with trading, a lot of it depends on how much time you can dedicate to playing the game. Being level 64 I am guessing you are not in Hell yet. Hell is of course where you can find the best items. Once you get to hell you can do some good runs in Act 1 like Pit runs. If you get killed too often in Hell you can still find decent exceptional uniques in NM. When muling items to my lower level chars I still do NM Baal runs. This gives me a chance to pass the time while the game timer moves along and also NM Baal sometimes drops something handy. Usually it's junk but I have found a few useful items there too.

To Killfrenzy - That reminds me of the first time I beat norm diablo too! Back when the game first came out I made an amazon and used a 3 socket long bow or some such nonsense. :) I think I socketed it with a norm sapphire, norm emerald, and a norm topaz for the rainbow effect. Fun stuff!

15. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

why dont u jus do forges? You will find a decent rune from there.
    At least an Um rune or even a pul rune. At least that gets you somewhere.

16. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

"At least an Um rune or even a Pul rune"?

Um rune is worth more than pul... and more useful....

17. logic_bomb

logic_bomb IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but how did you get 6 perf emeralds in a 4 socket xbow?

18. Mister-Hat

Mister-Hat IncGamers Member

Not sure if this is how Killfrenzy did it, but I think you throw the 4 socket xbow on the ground right next to 2 more perf emeralds and then you lure Diablo over towards it until he steps on it a few times. That guy is heavy you know. Pretty soon those 2 extra gems will be stuffed in there good and solid. Of course, this is also how you get a "cracked crossbow" so be careful! ;)

19. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

Or for all around MFing nothing beats the hammerdin. Even wearing just the poor man's MF gear: a 3 Ptopaz Helm, a 4 Ptopaz Armor, low chance guards, goldwrap, rhyme shield, low nagels, a magical mf boots and your caster weapon: you have a higher chance of survival than any other character wearing the same outfit. Hammerdins also make very good pit runners as they have no problem killing any immune type of creature in the pits.

But if you're looking at doing just mephisto or maybe even pindle, the sorc is the character YOU MUST BUILD. There's no ifs and butts about it. Even Hammerdins fall short in terms of finding mephisto and blasting Pindle unless you have top MF gear.

Patience is key of course but well, that's one of the few things I easily run out of so yes, I do spend money on Ebay. But I highly recommend you do not follow in my path. Buying from Ebay is not justified unless you have reached a point like me where my sanity has already become at stake if I don't have an Enigma for all my ladder characters.

Don't worry too much about people who have better stuff than you. Ultimately patience and hardwork will yield results. I did over 500 pit runs the first month in the ladder before I started Ebaying. I did find some nice stuff: shako, shaftstop, buriza, stormshield, highlord's, vampire gaze, to name a few. Most of these top elite items you will find with patience.

The highest runes from Vex to Zod, well, that's another story.

20. Inu

Inu Banned

Well in Baal games people always identify stuff but always throws out crap like bloodmoon, lidless wall, oculus etc ( When I did Baal runs that was, now the population s much richer than then + duping happened )

And yes, a Necro is the WORST OF WORST choice to get started with. Make a new character :) A Cold Sorceress..

You don't need resist to kill Mephi because you never get hit. RUN around ( Don't teleport ) til he fires an icebolt or lightning ( Which will miss you ) then cast a Frozen Orb. Rince and repeat. ( Don't run too much or he will run around too. Don't stand under the pillars and don't get meph to stand udner the pillars, he will fire a Blizzard then which REALLY hurts ( MUCH more than Icebolt attack ). But it's really easy to avoid the pillars :} Meph is really easy when you get max FO/Mastery levels. Just try to get the Orbs to explode IN him since they deal like... WAM alot of damage then. :p