Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why does everyone love summons

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by RobyX, May 22, 2005.

1. RobyX

RobyX IncGamers Member

Why does everyone love summons

I dunno every time i bring my bonemancer to a room and start killing, everyone wants me to raise and I tell them im bone necro then suddenly im called a noobnecro.. :rolleyes:

Bonemacer+maxed iron golem > all :cool:

2. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey IncGamers Member

Because those guys are morons, who love laggy Baalruns and underestimates the power of bone!!1

Nah seriously, the summoner, especially skellymancers, are by far the most common build and is, not surprisingly, effective as well. To most people, aka the uninitiated, the Necromancer is just a grumpy, skinny, pantless guy with loads of walking dead around him.
    To top it off, I've met people who just simply hate him, because he often delivers a piece of lag to Baalruns with all his minions. :(

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

They are just lazy and don't want to fight.

4. Armageddons

Armageddons IncGamers Member

9 Undead Killers (more if you have + skill items) + Amplify Damage + Might aura from Merc + Concentration/Fanactism aura from Runewords = bunch of lazy players who depending on us nercomancers doing the heavy works.

Really, Most Summoner have invested in both Amplify Damage and Corpse Explosion that kills things alot faster than most builds.

5. RobyX

RobyX IncGamers Member

CE is good for cows when you just wana be 90+..but then putting that skill will make you a crappy dueler in the end (if you like dueling)

6. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Everyone loves summons because the build is more versatile and strategic than the builds that just require you to spam poison nova or bone spirit.

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

they are necrophylliacs!!!!!1!!1! +1

summoners are the best 'party' oriented build. hence everyone wants summons.

build a bowmancer/ meleemancer and wait for the names j00 get called.

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Skellies are awesome because they do quite well in almost all circumstances when untwinked and become IMO the single most nastiest PvM build strategy possible when you get a hold of the right runewords.

9. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

In short, skellies are everyone's best friend, since the very least they can do for everyone is provide a safe place to stand or retreat to --- and this doesn't even need any cooperation from the Skelemancer.

Physical damage builds automatically benefit from the usual skelemancer playstyle as well; elemental damage builds would have to somehow presuade the big guy in the background to use another curse, but at least they can hide behind the skellies.

10. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Ahem. Hammerdins? ;)

Summoners provide a lot of space for errors since they tank so well, the curses help any class. Plus often times you'll also make sure their mercenaries will stay alive.

I don't understand why people complain about lag from skeletons, frozen orb spam from 4 sorcs is much more taxing and yet I don't see lag when in a 7 sorc + me game. :p

11. Armageddons

Armageddons IncGamers Member

Dont forget Sorc's spamming Blizzard spells, now that is lagging machine. I uses 56k connection and has 12 skeletons with me all the time, yet i have no problem of lagging under any circumstance except Blizzard

12. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

Right now, not only summoners are good for pvm untinked, but they can also duel in pvp. bone/summoner prove to be the best around all duelers. (pure bonemancer cannot beat them)

The most lagging spell is probably periodic spawnning of meteor.

13. Pherdnut

I'll get back to you on the hammerdin question when we figure out exactly how much damage a heavily plus-skilled skelliemancer with Pride (concentration), a might merc, and the Faith Bow (fanaticism) actually does. I highly suspect that a skelliemancer with this set up will clear out places like City of the Damned just as fast if not faster than a Hammerdin. Hammers aren't monster seeking. If you can get 14 skeletons killing everything in 1-2 hits, I think you've got a build that will give Hammers a run for their money where MFing is concerned.

14. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

i don't like summons.

I like my summoners. I like them even when they were not really hell viable in 1.09.

BTW, 1 summoner on ladder is enough to cause SIGNIFICATN lag for all the players in the same place. Still, I love to have 40+ summons all up. Lag or not, the job is done. That's our goal, right? Well, actually, i can do that only on HCL becaue most ppl understand this is a "friendly" lag which can hardly cause a death. but almost never in a SCL party - SC ppl tend to have less knowledge about necros and tend to have slower computers/networks and tend to complain much more (so I have just to watch them die)

Even 7 sorcs put together can hardly cause the same amount of artificially created lag, than the 1 summoner can.

Also, even the best of the best skellymancers is a relatively slow killer in pvm.

15. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I'm a Commando...I cause lag because lag is my friend...since I'm a Necromancer...and I'm always blamed for causing lag...then why not bring as much of it as possible since I can?

You might not like my friend lag or me as a Necro...but it sure is worth it when I see that you lagged out of the game because of my friend and my summons...so if you can't take it...then just leave.

Just as it makes you feel better about crying like a baby about lag in the game...or because your on the $9.99 wal-mart dialup plan because your whole family wants to save on everything...don't blame the prepared Necro that has either a dsl or cable connection so he can bring his friend lag to the party.

That's why I'm a Commando...and my Horde kills fast.

HoS

16. Pherdnut

Poison Nova, Meteor, and Orb cause a crapload more lag than skeletons.

17. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Most lagging factor = BONEWALL.

I have a lvl 84 bonenec with maxed Spear / Spirit / Teeth / Wall / 1 in all curses up to Decrep / 1 in all Summons except Fire Golem and I use Marrow bug. I sometimes skellie stack with 12 Skellies (can get up to 14 w/o switching to CtA / Lid hand <I'm NL no Spirit>) with Gumby to tag along and even with lvl 16 all Summon skills / lvl 20 bo, they snap like really weak twigs. :mad:. So all I ever use them for is avoiding FoH / GA but they don't do crap against WW / Multi / Teeth / etc.... but I still WUV my skellies :D

- Dennis

18. The Wikt

The Wikt IncGamers Member

Why does everyone love summons?

It's easy!

They do a LOT of the work for the Necromancer and his party. I can currently have 9 of them on my skelemancer, they deal 124-150sth damage (RS and SM maxed and a +2 to RS wand), plus Amp Dmg and CE..

:D

19. cracked sash

cracked sash IncGamers Member

All you need is to lvl a wolfbarb or some char that attacks 1 monster at a time, and you will appreciate the abilities of controlling a massive horde. My 13 skellies do 400+ damage each, and are quick killers, without beast and pride(just tons of + skills) Actually I have tried the beast aura off ladder and think the + skills on a Hoto are better/stronger. And the MF! o the MF.

-Sash

20. Pherdnut

Trust me. +3 to SM and RS is not the same as nearly doubling skeleton base damage and increasing their attack rate (does the AR bonus apply to allies as well?). Keep that HoTo (AoKL would be more ideal and considerably less expensive) in the alternate slot and prebuff your skellies with it. You're only going to lose one skeleton and they will attack with the same stats.