Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why do you still play this game?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Toastes, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toastes

Toastes Banned

Why do you still play this game?

Before you get on me for flaming pre-emptively or acting like it was perfect when I played (I think so, but I know it wasn't), allow me to simply ask why. Why do you play a game where the pvp (that I recall) is extinct, cookie cutters practically outfitted by sickeningly-overpowered runewords, and item sellers crashing every game you join (even my occasional "gogo kill izzy" game)?

I don't know, perhaps it just seems this way to me since I'm stuck in the ways that I used when I dueled a few (3-4) years ago. Busting my ass for 1.4k hammer damage (at 32% fcr, l337), then being able to switch it out for an omg 1k at 125% fcr, all with higher-than-usual convict to surprise v/t's... Then fighting off the bugged sorcs with their lvl 60 frozen orbs (using copious amounts of absorb, resist, and +max resist). Then making a defiant pally pre-1.10 with 32k def, letting me kill the javazons and non-eth'd barbs/pals/dru's with impunity. Then hitting 1.10 and laughing my ass off when Blizz almost rewarded me with bugged zod'd items (ethereal valor, ethereal 198% crown of thieves) since I actually cared about defense pre-1.10...
    (I'm not condoning bugged items, since one of the main things I prided myself in during the ****fest that was 1.09 was playing legit - including sans Eth)

But now that every class is expected to have teleport, do over 10k dmg, have that CTA thing, and enjoy getting 1-hit killed by any moron with a keyboard, $30, and a button hotkeyed to Teleport and Blessed hammer, I just wonder why you all still bother. Is there some underground guild keeping it fun? Maybe you all found ways to play without dealing with cut-out idiots every game you join, "OMG wtf PLA NO HAMAR? LOL NUB". I'll say this though, they definitely make me smile on the outside, and cry a little for them on the inside.

Though I must commend Blizzard, they certainly kept their humor about it. Just take a look at 'Grief.' The name with that "I WIN" button of a weapon kind of sums it up.

2. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

Honestly i dont know. For the mean time clone hunting gives me something to do but im sure that will get old quick.

3. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Omg. You mean this isnt real? It's all just some crazy game?

4. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

I hardly ever play pubbies, so I don't have most of the problems you're talking about.

5. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

what the heck is this post all about?

If u only have 1k hammer dmg and ppl have 11k, of course u will lose.

If u go back to 1.09, is even worse. (the hack items like hex and "stupid ith" just make me sick)

6. Toastes

Toastes Banned

Reading comprehension 4tw....

So, no real answers, except don't play in pubbies? Understandable, but as you know, variety is the spice of life, and it sucks dueling the same people over and over.

7. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

leech in pvp and cruels <3
    enough reason to search a 1.09 realm :D

-jordy :king:

8. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

1k hammers WERE in .09, and that was quite godly damage with 125% fcr back then.

9. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

You have to remember though. You have to have more life, damage, defense in 1.10. They uped the damage of skills because they uped the life and damage monsters do. You try killing baal with the 1k hammers, try killing anything in wsk with 1k hammers and 1.4k life or so and see what happens.

10. Rzareckta

Rzareckta IncGamers Member

Well, if you must know, one of the main reasons i still play this game is because of YOU. HaHa. Hows it going buddy. I just started up again on ladder cause I got bored this summer and those dreamadins show alot of versatility so... I am now trying ladder for the first time. Drop me a line if you think you still got what it takes.

Rza

11. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

None of my chars get 1 hitted by hammerdins. Takes at least 2 hits. But yea I hate those homo's the only good way too deal with them's a defensive nec specially if they aa. Well anyway I play cuz I enjoy dueling on my ghost sin and plan on remaking my bvc barb too be capable of hammerdin pkin. Blizz sorcs also do the trick if they dont carry a 200 cold res shield.

12. rare

rare IncGamers Member

Hi fonis, been a while.

Temple is still going fine, PVPwest is helping things too; we're baaling, chanting, rushing a bit more regularly now.

Everything seems relatively balanced; only real problem I see in temple and pvpwest are the desynch hammerdins, but the people that have to resort to that usually never get to duel others as soon as everyone sees how they have no clue how to duel.

Of course its no .09, but for now pal v pal is...decent. Pubs are pretty funny; and its usually safer and more even if you take along a friend or 2. Youre bound to be team tagged, but with a buddy or two it gets a lot easier. There are still 1 or 2 people that join a pub game that actually have skill and know what they're doing.

Hah i dont remember why you got banned , but meh. So it's still kind of bearable, but i think i'm getting to the end of the road.

13. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

You will remember this one.
    He can thank you for letting the the cat out of the barrel. Return bannee.

OT- Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.