Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why do they do that?!?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by {KOW}Spazed, Feb 6, 2004.

1. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Why do they do that?!?!

Why do girls(in highschool) go out with the guys that treat them like dirt? I wouldn't say that I am overly nice, but I don't totally ignore them until they decide to put out. I mean come on what the hell is going on? To top it all off they say that they want a nice guy that opens doors and pays for dinner! Argh! Why can't they just say what they want without using some advanced encryption method!?

This is all brought on after seeing how one of my best friends(a girl) gets treated by her boy"friend". I was seriously about to hit this guy. He just sat there the whole time and ignored her no matter what she said. It could have been "Honey I love you with all my heart." and his response would be *Blank stare/continue playing CS* I mean come on he never once said anything nice to her, just commands "Get me some food.", not even a thank you afterwards.

So will someone tell me when this will end?

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well, since I havent dated and want to keep to my school, I think that its their instinct to go for people who are cool? Usually, nice guys end up last for some reason. Even though thats is what girls want. Im doomed for eternity.

3. piff

piff IncGamers Member

If she is your friend, stick up for her. Don't let her be fooled by someone like that.

Why? There are girls that go for the nice guys. Don't kid yourself about that. Most want the super-athletic/sexy as Fabio (is that how you spell it, I'm sure any lady can confirm) over someone who not only gives up a seat for an old lady, but helps her into it. But there are some, who are still very pretty, smart, and fun, and who like a good guy. They aren't the ones who are going to be the best looking of your class and what-not, but they still have everything you could want.

I say either stick up for your friend or let her make her mistake.

4. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

You wanna know where it will end, eh?
    Unless she ups her self-esteem, she will continue to pick the same kind of man until she finally marries one who abuses her, physically and/or emotionally. Then she will consequently finally wise up and leave him if she isn't killed or maimed first.
    The guy is a loser. He's off to a lifetime of treating women like animals and he will find plenty of them who seem to like it. If he's your friend I'd hate to see your enemies.

5. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

well said piff, though I would debate the looks part, there are a few extremely beautiful girls that are that way as well. Some women like the 'bad boys' some girls like good guys, some girls fall somewhere in between. It's the same with guys, some guys only dig the empty headed big breasted women, some like the 'biker chick' variation, and others like nice girls. It's not all women, like not all guys are after the next notch on the bedpost. I've been blessed, I married a super hot woman that loves me cuz I'm a nice guy, cuz I'm sure as hell not good lookin lol.

Kow, I hear ya, I'd probably smacked him, I cant stand to see women in general, and my female friends especially, get disrespected. If you wanted to defend her, it would be a good idea to make sure she's okay with it. Last thing you wanna do is try to stand up for her, just to have her get angry I'm sure. If she doesn't want defending, then don't, some people need to experience things for themselves. Hopefully with a good friend like you sound to be, she will come to realize soon that there are better guys out there.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Live and learn?

7. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Well, using my class as an example, the "highest ranked" (a.k.a. the girls that the guys think are the best looking) don't go for the nice guy.

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well duh, usually the extremely hot looking chicks go date the extremely "cool" guys that sag their pants to their knees and cuss and rap jibberish and defy every teacher in school.

9. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

ask them and maybe you'll know how they work

10. CaptJoe213

ahh yeah, my bad, I was thinking in life in general, forgot about the school thing, so yeah, I agree with you there, in my high school it was the same, just on a rare occasion some of the hot chicks come to their senses. At least one, my wife, so that rocks for me lol

11. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Well I will debate the looks thing too since my last two GFs(who I haven't talked about here for obvious reasons) have been good looking and like the nice guys.

I also talk to her about this guy. He is a complete ******* and is treating her like dirt. If she says stick up for me then I will. As for the super-athletic I am in very good shape(Wrestling, Hapkido, and wieght lifting ^^) As for sexy as Fabio well thats up to them.

As for the best looking in my class...I go to an all guy school. I date the girls at the two all girl schools in my area. Kinda nice when you get choosen to do an ambassadar day where you goto a school with all girls for one day. Can we say 2000:1 ratio?

I have asked and as I said they use that wierd encryption that only they really get. All I want is a damn translation sheet!

12. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

Nice guys aren't nice guys. Guys who treat girls "like princesses" are in effect not treating them like real people. Not to mention that it also suggests that they believe they can buy the relationship.

Well, that's an argument I've heard. True or not, I don't know. Take it however you want.

13. th5418

th5418 Banned

Not all nice guys would buy their way into a relationship. I think a nice guy is who has nothing to hide and is very true to the relationship.

14. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

15. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Being nice doesnt' mean treating them like a princess. It means that you actually listen when they say something and don't use them just for sex and to make you food. If you open a door for her and pay for dinner I wouldn't say you are buying the relationship I would say you are being nice. Just because you don't treat them like crap doesn't mean that you are treating her like a princess.

16. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

Large penisses(sp?) and/or free-flowing cash; I think that those are two of the biggest reasons many females put up with guys who treat them like dirt. What other reason would be good enough to put up with it?

I personally wish it were otherwise. It is tough enough for a guy who looks like me to find a respectable girl to go out with him (and who would treat her respectably) without all this crap. Damn.

17. CaptJoe213

yeah, there is a big difference between being a nice guy, and trying to be smooth and 'woo' your way into her pants. I open doors and buy dinners, but that's more due to I was taught thats how men are supposed to act, than any attempt to con my way into the good stuff. If you go overboard on the gift buying, the poems, the moonlight serenade for the specific goal of scoring, then you're not truly a nice guy. But if you are kind, caring, trustworthy and respectful, then you are a nice guy, as long as you dont do that just to 'reap the rewards'

I'll show my age I guess, big difference between a nice guy and a silver tongued devil. Take heart, nice guys, many people (male and female) do eventually grow up at some point in their lives, and realize that a person that will treat you well is more important than any other shallow considerations.

18. Devolution

Devolution IncGamers Member

Nope that doesn't work either if you're still smart and nice :( nice guys do finish last

It's all just a food chain of popularity in high school...

I can only hope it gets better later on.

19. th5418

th5418 Banned

Thats, what i said........

20. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm a decent guy and a big jerk all rolled into one. I get lots of ladies. :D

This is thread #3418 on this topic. The conclusion of all this massive amount of debate and research is that women are crazy.