Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why do people use chicken life in hc?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Raven-Hood, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

Why do people use chicken life in hc?

I am sick of meeting people who say they play hc because its harder and then go around using maphack so that they cannot die. Practically the whole useast hc ladder uses maphack/chicken life and cannot die and they have the gaul to say they play hardcore. Why can't blizzard do weekly maphack accnt checks, and ban everyone who uses it. Why do people with maphack always get to grab that shrine before anyone els. Why do people with maphack get to join pub games where people are trying to do something, make it harder, and then go off an mf while everyone else suffers the blunt end. Why do people with maphack most of all get respected for teleporting around baal runs. Infact, why do people on the ladder allow maphackers to conquer the ladder. I say its time someone rekindles the anti-maphack movement that used to be around in the beggining of 1.10 or that a private ladder be started so that us folk with no maphack can be rewarded our spot.

My cleric is level 86 has yet to die, does not use maphack, and I have seen over 50 palis above me get saved my maphack over and over, why should they be above me?

Raven-Hood

(my rant of the month)

2. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

Whoo, luckily February is just starting. Try to change that to rant of the year. because I don't want to hear it anymore. people use maphack because they can't play legit.

3. senji

senji Banned

its all up to blizzard
    its same on west almost everyone uses chicken and maphack
    whats funny is they die too

4. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

lol how can anyone die with chicken life...

Raven-Hood

5. jafrick

jafrick IncGamers Member

its cause peolpe suck.

6. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

People are lame, that's about all there is to say on that matter.

I'm from here on out exploiting all game bugs to PK, and hopefully the maphackers lag out and find a ghost waiting for them when they return.

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Question - what is Chicken Life ? No link needed, just an explanation of what it is... I play legit only.

8. senji

senji Banned

chicken life is a program that exits for you instantly if your life is at the point you set it

9. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

People use maphack and chicken hack because they're not good enough to play the game. Especially pkers that use it to avoid dying and then they call you "pussy" for not dueling again. And about blizz doing maphack checks. I can garauntee you that not all map hacks are detectable by blizzard. I know people who use maphck all the tiem and they admit it. I even took a screenshot of a guy saying "I have maphack", I sent it in and blizz didn't do anything about it. I think blizzard actually does care about hackers but they don't have the heads up on all the new improved maphacks that come out. It used to be that maphack only allowed you to look at the whole map. Now it allows you to add color to your text and it allows you to check the equipment that other players use.

10. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

This is not actually true. Although most of the sorc ladder uses MH, a large portion of the non-teleport-to-baal classes are legit. For the most part, since the sorc is the one teleporting they don't want to take the risk, however small that risk may be, of losing their account for running it.
    As for chicken, I know it's common in the PvP scene, but I don't see evidence of many people using it with baals.
    First off, it doesn't take an MH to go run P/E/S in public questing games. Just because someone is MFing in your quest game you assume they use MH? I guess I hack then, because I've done that before... -.-
    The sorcs get 'respect' for teleporting because it is still dangerous for them. I've seen countless telesorcs die with and without MH.
    As for the ladder being "conquered" by users of MH...I know at least 4 of the top 16 don't use either, and I only know 2 who for sure use MH...the rest I don't know either way. I don't know any of the top 16 who definately use chicken.

All that said, I am of course against the use of any hacks and duped runes, etc...but those duped runes and hacks didn't prevent me from climbing the ladder at all so wtf do I really care?
    In the end ladder is just who can sit around in baal runs the longest, even runs where the sorc uses MH aren't that much quicker than runs where the sorc doesn't.

11. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Regarding the maphack, since I took many computer science courses, I know that Blizz do not have a definite way to deal with it. The point is, MH program only read data that is downloaded to your machine and does not actively probe into bnet servers. In a sense, it is not a hack. All blizzard can do is try to detect known MH programs. If you have a new MH that's not registered on their server, they cannot know. The only sure way to eliminate MH is to allow the d2 software download only a tiny portion of the map at a time. However, that would pose a great challenge to bandwidth---almost impossible to overcome.

12. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

It's because they are pussies who want the status of playing hardcore without the risk.

13. Wayfaring

Wayfaring IncGamers Member

I guess I can't speak for most of the sorcs, but I've never used maphack. I usually tele to the throne room based on gut instinct. Sometimes I get lucky and find each stairs right away, sometimes I cover the map to find it. Counter clockwise seems to get me there the quickest most of the time.

14. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Actually, it goes further than that. The guy who programmed it is extremely good. I went to the site to read up on it recently (I haven't used mh since I did for a little while in 1.08).

Based upon what I read, this is the situation. Blizz code can scan memory to look for the existence of MH and other hacks. The MH code looks for blizz code to scan for MH's presence. If MH detects a scan by the blizz code, the MH code uninstalls itself before allowing the blizz code to run for detection of MH. Ingenious really.

Anyway, there are some positive features of MH (from when I used it in 1.08) that I feel blizz should have put into their own code:

Allow viewing of number of sockets in items on the ground: I HATE having to pick up every freaking armor looking for a 4 socket one. Or 3 socket sheilds.

Elimination of the Shenk death animation (anyone not know what I'm talking about here?). Graphics lag central.

Colored runes above a certain level (thul and above by default are colored differently IIRC). No more ists left at the bottom of a heap of cows.

Most of the other features of MH are definitely cheats. (seeing shrines from far away, map reveal, boss mod reveal, etc). Actually, I think if a boss is on your screen it should show the attributes above his head or something as part of the default blizz code (like MH but only at close range).

Anyway, I don't use MH, and I don't recommend it, but blizz basically is screwed on its use. I don't see how they can prevent it feasibly, without installing trojan programs on everyone's computer.

15. MoUsE_WiZ

Ah finally...
    I knew they scanned memory and that anti-detection code is what keeps people from getting caught, but I wasn't sure what exactly it was doing. Could you PM me where you found that out, I continously get into arguements over why MH users don't get banned and need a site to point people at to help back up my point that just because it's client side doesn't mean it's undetectable =/

16. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Yeah, pointing them to mousepads site is going to help your arguement. :lol: lol.

17. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

What's annoying though is when people accuse you of using maphack just because you find the entrance to the throne quickly.

And I think it's unfortunate that after everything Blizzard has tried to do to get rid of hacks, people like Mousepad still contribute to ruining Diablo II gaming (although some may argue that it always has and always will be ruined).

-Relativity

18. MoUsE_WiZ

The ones I argue with already have the hack =p

19. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

Heh I don't hate or blame mousepad for creating maphack I actually admire him. To think that someone could make as much money as he must have for creating a program that just reveals the map in a computer game... Thats right it does not grant your character god mode or anything awsome like that it lets you see the entire map. Yet his site has thousands upon thousands of hits and I am sure atleast 1/10 of those bought his program for like 20$? Wow think of all that money that he made from a game that he most likely doesn't even play... I am pretty sure that the viewing of others items feature is detectable by blizzard. It does not make sense though since no one has been banned yet. I mean I doubt the server sends you information about what weapon the other player is useing, that means that MH would have to send packets to the server to obtain this info. Blizzard could monitor those suspicious packets and start tagging ppl (they may very well be doing this). Now that I think about it they never did ban ppl 1 at a time, they seem to like to net everyone at once :). So lets just assume that they are tagging more and more MH users everyday and a major banning will be comeing soon.

20. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Actually, all that is clientside. Basically, what they're wearing and the map is already on your computer, but you can't see it, that's why you can hack it I guess. They send you the information so their character appears right on your screen. (I guess boots, gloves, ring belt ammy get sent along with the visible items) That's why it's hard for blizz to detect maphackers. They don't really hurt me though so I don't have a problem, if they want to see my gear that badly I would just show them, let them risk getting banned.