Why do my skeletons randomly die?

zarakon

Diabloii.Net Member
Why do my skeletons randomly die?

I got a summon necro up to 87, then realized I had made a mistake by not getting my mages up. Now I'm making a new one to replace that one... but for some reason this new one's skeletons just keep dying.

I'm using my first necro's gear, so I'm currently in nightmare difficulty with the level 34 RS/SM that I could easily solo Hell with. Why do my skeletons randomly die now when they didn't before? 2-6 of them will just suddenly die, even when no enemies are around. Only cause I can think of is having mages now too..

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
If you switch equipment slots and your new +skills does not retain the right amount of +skills to keep those skeles, they will break.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need to max Mages to have some of them around. You should have 1 point in Mage anyway. It's a prerequisite for Revive. Every summoner should have 1 point in Revive.

zarakon

Diabloii.Net Member
it does seem to be when I'm running.. but why is it happening for this character when it didn't for the other?

You don't need to max Mages to have some of them around. You should have 1 point in Mage anyway. It's a prerequisite for Revive. Every summoner should have 1 point in Revive.
yeah, i had that.. but I want them higher for the ridiculous poison length

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Does this char run faster than the other? It is particularly apparent when you are using something that has ridiculous run/walk (ex. full Trang set).

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, i had that.. but I want them higher for the ridiculous poison length
The difference in poison duration really isn't all that much... consider this example:

Assuming +15 to skills.

slvl 16 Mage (1 base +15) and slvl 35 Mastery
Poison Duration: 430 seconds = 7 minutes, 10 seconds

slvl 35 Mage and slvl 35 Mastery
Poison Duration: 520 seconds = 8 minutes, 40 seconds

Source

As you can see, the difference in duration in this case is only 1:30. In both cases the duration is HUGE anyway. You mentioned you had slvl 34 Mastery, which is very close to the example.

From the equation supplied on AS, you can deduce that the bigger boost to Mage damage comes from Skeleton Mastery, rather than Raise Mage itself. SM also increases Mage life, which RSM does not.

That's why 1 point Magi fare almost as well as 20 points if you're only using them as a utility, such as PMH poisoning or cold slowing. If you want to use them as more of an offensive tool, then 20 points is best, since it increases the number of minions, which increases their overall power exponentially.

DaemonAkuma

Diabloii.Net Member
People tend to recycle the whole mage issue. I maxed mages becuaes they perform exceptionally well, and there was no better place for them on my pure summoner since I almost always prefer Gumby over Iron Golem. Others do not...the issue has been thoroughly discussed so it's just whatever the person wants. Pure summoner almost always = mage, some mixin up almost always has 1 since, no matter who you ask, skellies>mages by a LOT.

And to address your situation...yup, welcome to the annoying world of non-Enigma. I got some extra teleport ammies if you need one.