Why do i suck with Windys?

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
Why do i suck with Windys?

So i rebuild my windy for the 4. time i think??

every time i have rebuild before i sayd to myself, this time it will be good.
Guess what, it allways ends up SUCKY AS HELL!!!

I really dont know what i am doing wrong, i have pretty good items.
i just seem to have no skills with windys! i use this btw.

1.08 Walk or Jalals
2 druid 19 fcr 20 dex 11 all res some mana amu
Hoto, wizzy, spirit 35fcr crystal
enigma (ofc)
Storm ber, spirit 35fcr
trang gloves
arach
rings with 10fcr 18str res 86mana (other has same stats allmost but 76 mana)
sojs
storm tracks

6skillers 36+ life and 3 fhr 10* 20/5
torch anni.

to me the gear seems ok, what the hell am i doing wrong?
should i just NEVER make a windy anymore?:cry:

SummerFun

aman

Assassin Moderator
I assume this is pvp your talking about.

What characters in paticular are you struggling with ?

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
oh, sry... yes i were talking PvP. only one i dont have trouble with are barbarians, and i guess thats just cause i havent dueld any good ones.

But i cant seem to catch sorceress necros you name it.:shocked:

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
If your tele'ing right on top of people and spamming tornado's this is why you're sucking. This is exactly what every person you duel will expect and they are most likely prepared for it.

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
It seems like i have tryed every thing! i just think im not skilled enough to play windy.... Its strange thoug, i do more than fine with bone necro, lightning sorc ect.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
you have the right gear, what are your stats ?
I still think it's your strat. A windy isn't a sorc/necro so stop playing it like one.

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
Stats are
Base str
enough dex for max block with block setup
rest in vita

think i have 6k life @ lvl 89

Im pretty sure its my strats to, think you are right.
I might have been playing sorc to long, and really cant get away from it.
But i have no problem playing bvc, fury wolf, bow ama and so on....
Just cant get the hang of windys:cry:

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrm, well, you have very good equipment and your statistics are average...if you're still sucking with him, forget about it and make another character ;D

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
If you can't do decent on a windy with such equipment...

K, let's try from the basics.

You have teleport on a hotkey, you tele around a bit, then you tele on top of your opponents. You switch to Tornado on your another hotkey, then spam that. If they run away, keep tele'ing near em. Then tornado.

Make sure you have Hurricane + Oak at all times, wolves can be extremely helpful as well.

Try that. Its really basics. Ofcourse, there are builds who will shred you if you use such tactics. But just keep in mind to kill, you must tornado, and to get close enough for tornado to work, you must tele. :tongue:

TheMayor

Diabloii.Net Member
if your teleing around, its good to have a griz because when you tele, the bear tele's right on top of you and will tank any of what would otherwise hit you. are you having trouble staying alive when it comes to casters? if you seem to be dueling more casters, vita and some res is the best way to go, not max block. my biggest problem with windys is that they generally are very offensive duelers, they lack definisve tactics with the skills they have.

Barnical

Diabloii.Net Member
then you tele on top of your opponents.
I just kind of stopped after reading that part.

Tele around your opponents and spam nados, circle em, make them chase you. If they chase you, they will get hit with a nado. If its a zealot or smiter, they will have a hard time charge locking you with minion stack. You were right, keeping sage and hurricane is essential, also your wolves are essential, not helpful. You need em to keep the advantage of minion-stacking.

Other than that, your gear is good, and I have half the gear of that and have no problem with the builds your talking about. It pretty much should go like this:

1. Step outside, tele a ways out so you don't get jumped.
2. Use battle orders
3. Summon a spirit/wolves-grizz/hurricane
4. BO again so the spirit gets the extra level and your minions get more life
5. Cyclone armor and your ready to go

Check fenris' guide, I believe he did have some character matchups, if not, PM me and I'll give you a quick summary.

lendial

Diabloii.Net Member
some classes it is basicly tele hump then tornado, some like smiter,ww it is suicide to tele hump

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
your gear is very good, from what I've seen...and I dont know what your deffinition of "sucking" is, but maybe just work on your speed and try different things maybe.
So for the bvc's and smiters you sorta wanna give yourself some distance between you and them I take it. For sorcs and necros, I think maybe try to switch it up? Spam nados all over, and maybe pounce them when they least expect it as they stop to fire? From seeing a lot of good windies duel, I'd say u almost have to be really patient it seems and wait for the right moment, 'cause u can tank a sorcs hits pretty desc but if they screw up once they're spent, that's the idfference ><

Maybe try some new tactics, maybe even use widowmaker vs casters on switch just to sucker them in or make them nervous, I dunno

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess i'm playing the druid like a BvC, maybe thats the problem!
Im allways trying to name lock, is that a mistake?:scratch:

Allso, im having a very hard time with the druids slow Fcr, even with 163
break point its impossible for me to catch anyone!
If i spamm Tornados and then rapid switch to tele, the i do the tele animation
but dont tele, thiss allso happens all the time.
It seems like im the only one having problems with the Windy.

Thx for all of your help so far, keep it comming! :prop:

SummerFun:wave:

Emperors

Banned
Does any one have a Windy on europe? i really need to learn some tricks?
Do you know how to chainlock well?
Just dont tele on top of smiters/barbs - or maybe you can with max block , I like the pure vita builds
most casters you can , but some sorcs can out tank you along with hammerdins , practice jumping on , nado , jump off recast rinse and repeat

what do you die to most?

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
Actualy i die most to casters, sorcs and so.
Just seems like its impossible to catch them even with 174fcr.

well, i know its not impossible, i have seen many do it, i just cant

Emperors

Banned
Actualy i die most to casters, sorcs and so.
Just seems like its impossible to catch them even with 174fcr.

well, i know its not impossible, i have seen many do it, i just cant
163 fcr is max
maybe you're too offensive , if not try chainlocking
What is chainlocking?
Use tornado on right click , teleport on top of the sorceress *or any player and switch to your right click , they teleport away so switch back to teleport , if done right you should land on them again and be able to attack .. try it

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
What is chainlocking?
Use tornado on right click , teleport on top of the sorceress *or any player and switch to your right click , they teleport away so switch back to teleport , if done right you should land on them again and be able to attack .. try it
Im not 100% sure i do it like this, maybe i do and just diddent understand your way.
This is how i do.

Tornado on F1 right click. Teleport on F2 right click.

First get a name lock with F1. Move the curser back under my own feet.
Tap F2 and tele on top of the monster/player. Then fast switch back to F1
and press and hold again.

That is the correct way right? or am i missing some thing?