Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why did IncHCN not merge?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Charons, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Charons

Charons Diablo: IncGamers Member

I can't understand why we didn't merge with the rest. Was it going to make the new clan too large?

The reason we've been given is that we are active. I call BS on that. The most players I have seen online at any given time I think is around 10-20 and that was 3 weeks ago. Right now there were around 5 or 6 online.

Out of 145 or so.

We may be active but we are not THAT active. The benefits of merging to get all of the active players into the same clan far out weigh any negatives.

I just hope it isn't too late. I think we are already starting to see the effects of season fatigue. I myself have played far less this week than last week. But when I do get on, I would really like to see plenty of options to join people in doing something.

2. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

D3 has a clan limit of 150. Within in 3 days of the East and West merger I believe they were at 90ish members. North does have around 100 active members, it was confirmed by Aahz spread sheet. He included each members last logged in date. I'm not sure what hours you typically play but during prime hours 9pm-11pm eastern I see 25ish people on consistently. I also tend to play weekend mornings around 9am est and i'll see 10-15 people on then. Some people may only play 1-2 days a week, do we just kick them out?

I will say that I wish we had better clan tools and that we could have 200-250 people in one clan. I think it would be great to have one larger clan. But we are stuck with the 150 member limit and and poor clan management tools.

Overall I think we are lucky to have so many active members and that so far the East-West merger went well for them as well.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    Aahzmadius likes this.
  3. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

It didn't go well. I will never bow down before the false idol that is Flux. Vive Zappa!

ZappaFan, Steven Hazani and tougeznut like this.
  4. Flux

Flux Administrator

We were going to do all 3 but it would have been more than 150 people trying to get in, and we didn't want to leave people out. When I shut down West there were more than 70 people still in the clan, who hadn't logged on to change over in the week+ since the warning notice had been posted.

So since North seemed the busiest, that one stayed solo. Also it's like a Bliz North thing; separate and colder and better! Aahz talked about the North clan merger and various clan admin stuff on the most recent podcast, if you want to check it out.

5. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

lol my smile for the day. :)

6. Charons

Charons Diablo: IncGamers Member

thanks for the replies. It makes sense if it was to put us over 150.

I have stated previously in a post comment section, clans need their limit raised above any other change they could make to the game. And it would take them a day to do it. 500 should be the limit assuming they REALLY need to have a limit at all.

7. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

There has to be some technical reason to limit clans to 150 accounts. No idea what that reason might be, as I'm just an unfrozen caveman lawyer, but it has to exist.

8. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

Same reason as for 500 shards.

Aahzmadius likes this.