Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

why crushing blow doesnt work?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by supermark, Sep 20, 2014.

1. supermark

supermark Diabloii.Net Member

on my druid I have last wish with 66% CB and gore rider with 15% CB (81% total) which means that with one fury attack (5 hits) i should have 4 crushing blows
    but every time I attack boss (or any monster with huge amounts of life, blood lord for example) his life is decreasing extremly slow instead of going down extremely fast...
    why is that?

2. Clervis

Clervis Diabloii.Net Member

Well. There's a few things you need to take into account. One is chance to hit, bosses often have high def and high level which makes them a lot harder to hit. Another is physical resistances, which mute CB. Also, since CB take a fraction of current life, not max life, it does very little damage the closer a monster gets to dying. Hope this helps. Hope I didn't offend your intelligence.

3. supermark

supermark Diabloii.Net Member

thx for reply, I welcome any help
    but I knew this already :)

4. Clervis

Clervis Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm. Let's do Baal as an example, then. I don't know your character stats, but if you're clvl 85 with about 10k AR, you'd have a 72% chance to hit hell Baal. He'd also have a 55% chance to block you, and a 81% chance of 50% damage reduced by 1/8th damage. Add this all up, and you're really only looking at taking about 8% of his life in one (your first) 5-hit Fury.

5. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

What weapon are you using? Sometimes with multi-hit attacks like fury and zeal, you'll start the animation of an attack when you're just barely out of range. Try moving a bit closer?