Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why create a FAQ when none of the 'insert favorite insult here' people will read it?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Nevre, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Nevre

Nevre IncGamers Member

Why create a FAQ when none of the 'insert favorite insult here' people will read it?

*BEGIN RANT*

I swear, 99% of people on these lists never read anything, they just resort to the good old, I am UNIQUE and of course NO ONE HAS EVER experienced the same thing as ME so I will just create yet another duplicate post on one of the 10 issues that is recycled constantly and exactly over and over and over again ad nauseum.

I can only think of destructive ways to stop these twerps...
    Anyone got any good ideas?

(ahh, I forgot to mention the only other 2 types of post
    1. Look at my fantabulous item, I am going to pretend to ask if it is any good
    2. Look at my new unique build that obviously no one has ever tried before)

*END RANT*

2. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

I admit i am prolly one of the makers of your anger. half the time i just make a new thread before just searching for one. One thing that angers me is the over three letter limit...grr. I guess it is necessary so you dont get a ton of results, but i still dont like it. :-]

3. Daevren

Daevren IncGamers Member

Looks like you are talking about yourself.

4. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

wen i was new to this forum i didnt read the faq until i got a pm from syrul ----> :rant: on like my 5th post telling me not to do w/e i did (i forgot) and to read the F.A.Q so i skimmed threw it but i think imma go read it right now to refresh my memory :idea:

5. Any1

Any1 Banned

I really have to think that people come to a forum like this less for the exchange of information and more for the "social" aspect of a bulletin board. It's the only way to explain the daily repetitious drivel that gets posted.

I joined this site well over three years ago, and initially I read all the relevant posts, the FAQs, and the guides. I didn't post anything until after a good month of lurking. I see people with less than 10 posts to their name putting out Guides! A very small minority of the newcomers know what they're talking about. However, the vast majority should really keep quiet and read for a while before posting anything.

6. Suryl

Suryl USEast Trading Moderator

Ah, how selective memories work. :D You were here a month and a half - hardly 5th post since you average 2.48 posts per day. You weren't told to read a FAQ. You were breaking the rules posting price checks in the trade forum and including profanity in your posts (I looked it up). I told you to read the RULES not the FAQ. The rules you should have read when you first joined the forum.

Please if you are going to rant about me at least get the facts straight.