Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why CL/FO?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by phoenixhawk, Apr 13, 2008.

1. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk IncGamers Member

Why CL/FO?

What's the point of making a CL/FO sorc? Well, I know the obvious reason... But I mean, why not just make a pure Lightning tree sorc w/ Infinity instead? Is it mostly for budget reasons (not being able to afford Infinity)?

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Why CL/FO?

Infinity is often not enough to kill a broken immunity - try to kill a monster with 98% light res, and you will see.

Therefore, you need expensive gear like Griffon's Eye and a few good Light Facets.

CL/FO is a variation of a dual-element sorceress, which is popular for an obvious reason.

3. kreality

kreality IncGamers Member

Yeah..that is the main reason..not everyone have Infinity and those rune aint easy to find as well..especially for single player mode.

4. Antonio

Antonio IncGamers Member

CL/FO is a popular Countess runner.

5. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Right... single player... gogo hero editor :wink3:

Just jokin, thats the reason, I've never ever had an infy myself.. Ber Mal Ber Ist - omg!

BUT! I hate FO/CL is very crappy IMO. Meteorber > FO/CL, actually, a pure fire sorc, do it all with very little effort. I'm hardcore so, I like pure FO/TK too.

Zelator

6. Smackin

Smackin IncGamers Member

FO/CL isnt crappy, and meteorb does not > CL/FO. Meteorb has its advantages, such as 8fpa fireball and a strong meteor. However, with CL/FO u can easily get 15k lightning at 12 fpa, and CL can be shot off screen to kill scattered enemies.

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

15k lightning......, right...... Don't you mean 7.5k? I doubt you can hit 15k average damage lightning with a CL/FO. Fire ball, however, can hit 8k average, and it fires faster. The only problem is it's damage range, and that it's relatively bad in Chaos and Throne.

8. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

I have a Meteorb on SP, most of the time she's killing things with Fire Ball. The Frozen Orb is a powerful backup for those fire immunes.

Of course a pure lightning sorc with Infinity can do the trick, and the merc is here to help vs. those nasty 98% lightning immunes :thumbsup:. This is just a rich man's alternative. The Meteorb or the FO/CL sorceress are more popular choices because they require less expensive gear.

9. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Hard to say, fun is big factor while doing builds. Trying at least add some own ideas to builds, all done I know, but still trying. Cookie cutter builds are fun too, at least for some time.

Its budget *) reason too, cant afford infy. And even without infy, CL/FO build kills nicely even at high players setups. And with -45% lightning, even big bosses go down nicely enough. Not really need infy boost there.
    *) afraid that making infy, takes all fun out, afraid that its like playing in nmare again.
    I like immunes, double immunes even more, more fun when monsters even try to fight back. Getting killed is fun too, if its not lag kill. Just need to avoid same mistake later on.

Reason two, needed home for fathom, so build fun cl/fo around it.
    (tested fathom with full orb build, but it was so boring to play, over 1k orb not needed for pvm and only couple of areas you can run with that build and hard to find full games in bnet, to make solo AT etc. runs)

My cl/fo: (low budget :smiley:, no high runes were used)
    Fathon(cold 5/5 facet)+Spirit at cold side
    Crescent Moon+Spirit when lightning is needed more and agaist bosses
    Shako(light facet)
    Upped Vipermagi(light facet)
    Mara+Magefist,Arach+2xsoj+Waterwalk
    Anni+Torch, no skillers, I prefer using other charms.

Around 16k (max) lightining while using CM, little over 20k lightning in fathom side, but that CM side cuts so much easier. Orb high enough for good backup attack, enough for clearing AT in full games etc. Big help from merc needed there.

Act2 freeze, eth Reapers(shael)+Threachery.

Runs: Chain is good while soloing, more lightining if full games. I do all kind of runs, prefer full games. Pits, AT,maggot3,travi temples,forgotten temple. Chaos and Baal I usually do with friend. In full games (rarely do) Baal is easier (less iron maiden). Orb speeds up clearing throne and when clear its almost just chain/lightining while merc keeps them at still.

No need to worry about monsters resist, all goes down. No really bottlenects, all goes down quite fast, but not too fast :grin:.

10. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

You call "Death's Fathom" "BUDGET side"?? Even if self-found, that thing is worth HR's!

But I agree.

11. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Self-found, only 8 elite uniqs are still hiding at ladder. Actually all self-found in that build, so no need to stretch bugdet.

I put that smile in there to make it quite clear its not low budget. I should writte n down both anni and torch stats (both almost perfect) to make it more clear that's not budget sorc.

And I rarely trade, and to make infy, only option is trading/duped runes, so haven't done so far. Trying to make dupe-free builds. Of course at some point time to test how sorc fly with duped-infy.