Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why can't people read?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by A C E, Apr 27, 2008.

1. A C E

A C E Banned

Why can't people read?

I often make games titled things like "bonehew 4 gold" or "5os ba 4 pul" and people join. They then trade with me and when I put the item I am offering up on the screen, they pause for a bit and then leave w/o saying a word. This happens about once every 5 times i make a trade game and it is annoying me and confusing me.

Why in the world do people join my games, make me waste a tp and mfing time, only to leave right after I show them my item.

Are they unable to read simple words?
    Are they not the brightest bulb in the bunch?
    Do they not realize that "bonehew 4 gold" means that I own a bonehew and want gold?

Its not like the items I am offering have bad stats. Usually they have medium to decent stats and yet people seem baffled as to why I am trading a gorerider in a game called "Gorerider FT".

Anyone know wth is going through these peep's minds?

I also hate people that join my quest / trade / mf games to ask for a rush or free items. WHY WOULD I WANT TO GIVE YOU A RUSH AND FREE ITEMS IF I AM IN A GAME CALLED "ACT 3 QUEST 4". For the love of god, WHYYYYYYYYYY?:banghead:

2. iewcce

iewcce IncGamers Member

Re: Why can't people read?

might be curious folks who doesnt know what a bonehew is, and just wanted to have a look.. or u can call em illiterate dummies, guess that depends on ur mode atm^^

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I really don't know..I wonder how some of these people manage to not kill themselves every day.

4. Bob The Barbarian

Bob The Barbarian IncGamers Member

Some are ignorant and impolite. Some misunderstand what you have written (what is clear to the writer may not be clear to the reader). Some may be curious, as someone else has said. Some may hope that you will take something else in trade. Some may find your item not to meet their wants and/or needs. Some are just jerks.

Usually, I look for specifics when going into a game for trade. Occassionally I will enter a trade game just to see the item. At all times I try to be pleasant and polite; usually telling the trader that I am unfamiliar with the item, can I look at it. If they are not busy with other ppl, they usually are willing to show it to me. I always thank them for their time and courtesy.

For example, I know only a little about GORERIDERS. I know they are boots and have the mod "crushing blow". But that is the extent of my knowledge. I might enter your game to see what other mods they have and if they would help me more than the item I currently have. I would ask you to see the item for trade. I would definately thank you for your time and not just leave (that is rude). Or, if I didn't have enuf gold on hand, ask you if you will consider trading for something else. Or, I might have gold on another character and ask you to wait or make another game so I can bring in a mule.

I think you are experiencing the same annoyance that most all of us do. That is, ppl who, in a faceless game, do not feel bound by the normal rules of courtesy. Unfortunately, Bnet is full of these "children" and we must deal w/ it. I just forget about the ignoramous who calls me a "butt crack" because I won't trade my shako for his sigon armor -- or shrug my shoulders at the ones who open the trade window and immediately type "WUG" then leave before you've had a chance to xsfer everything to the trade window. Disregard em. They are losers anyway.

Have had ppl come into my trade game asking for a rush. As I am there to unload my stash and don't necessarily want to take the time to carry someone thru the game, I'll generally tell them "No, sorry. Busy right now". My actual response to them is predicated on how they approach me. I am not immune to a pleasant person asking in a polite way for help and have occassionally given that help even tho I'd rather be doing something else.

Something which happened to me which I find even more annoying than what you mentioned: Picked up a set sword (Isenhart's) in a cow game and this fellow followed me all over the moo-moo farm asking me to give it to him {I need it ... plz}. Followed me to the rogue's camp ... everywhere I went, {I need the sword, plz ... plz ... PLZ!!!}. Finally just sold the sword to charsi and left the game (no way I was going to give it to him at this point - not even for a PUL)

Idiots abound on Bnet. Try not to let them bother you.

"If you take a starving dog and make him properous, he will never bite you. The same cannot be said for a human being" -- Mark Twain

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  5. Gashad

Gashad IncGamers Member

Sometimes it could be because of unspecified variable stats(i.e if they need a bonehew with higher ed), however in such cases it is of coarse still impolite to leave without saying something(I would say it generally always is impolite to leave in the middle of a trade without saying something)

6. TechMonster

TechMonster IncGamers Member

Like Bob mentioned, there are quite a few younger players on Bnet (notice the political correctness), who sometimes think that they are not bound to "real life" manners. If I create a game, it'll probably be called A for B (unless i'm desperate and call the game "Bring B" or something), and of course, I would have "A" to trade for "B".

When people join the game and spam "show" or "wug" on the screen, I don't interrupt my run, but state the game's name. As a matter of fact, I'd ignore most people joining my game because they could've just joined a random game! (I do that when I'm checking my mercs). If they're after the item I have, they'll probably start the conversation themselves. Otherwise, hey, it's better chances for drops in my game :)

What's worse, and I mean really, really worse, is when the game is called um for 2xpul and someone joins the game and says "show"... Errr, say wha?! It's not like my um will have +40 life on top of it or something!

7. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

It's just the price of trading on bnet. Thinks of it as bnets commission. You pay with patience.

8. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

I've come to the conclusion that 50% of the people who join trade games are functionally retarded, and the other 49% are just there to make you waste your time opening trade.

And the last 1% actually intends on making the trade.

Do what I do: If you're mfing while in a trade game, don't come to town until you have confirmed that they have the item you're looking for, and know the stats of your item... and then make them come to whatever act you're in.

People who are just there to waste your time will usually just leave when you tell them that.

9. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

yea its annoying when they juz leave w/o even a "nty" after you put up the item in trade screen.

Yea it is worst when they wan to do perming on you. lol . open trade > tick the check box > leave game. hahaha

and the best of all .. i got many people coming to my game to mf. lol. how cool is that.

10. synx

That happens to me as well, you'd be surprised how many people I've torn in half who tried to MF my game.

11. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I sure don't like Trade games filling up my game list with their uselessness.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I join one and keep clicking on their character to bring up the trade screen, then clicking it off, then back on again.

Maybe it doesn't. Either way, it's beneficial to see both sides of this sort of thing.

12. synx

Those types of people shouldn't be allowed to use a pc, they should be playing Halo 3 and screeching at one another on XBL vcomm.

13. EThug

EThug IncGamers Member

That hasn't happened to me for quite awhile because I do not trade on B.Net. I quit in an attempt to preserve my nerves.

14. mibir

mibir IncGamers Member

It's annoying, I also get annoyed when I have a game "A for B" and people constantly try and trade other items. It's the main reason I prefer trading on here, I like you people :)

15. synx

Oh god, don't get me started on that one.

Game name "X Item for 1 HR"

Random noob enters the game.

Random noob: u got x item

Me: Yes

Random noob: ok cool i'll give u a tal orb, a gimmershred, a wizendraw, IK maul, venom grip and a spellsteal.

Me: .........

Random noob: noob

Random noob leaves the game.

16. Oldih

Oldih IncGamers Member

For some reason I have that nearly every 3rd time I trade something in public tradegames.

17. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I've had relatively good experiences trading in "x for y" games. I make the game and put AFK in the description. Then when I came back, I whisper all those who entered the game, and those who are not interested either don't reply at all or just say "not interested."

I've had poor experience with "T R A D E Z" games. No one seems to know what they want or what I want, even when I'm very explicit about what I want.

Me: Hr for low arachs.
    Other person: you have a ber?
    Me: Yes.
    *Other person offers to open trade window*, I cancel.
    Me: The ber is on a mule.
    *Other person offers to open trade window*, I accept. He shows me several items, none of which are arach's, but he has 3 high end wisps (I do happen to need a wisp).
    Me: I only need a low arach's and a low wisp, I only have 3 hrs.
    Other person removes all but the highest wisp.
    Other person: This for your hrs.
    Me: lol, no. I don't need a high wisp.
    Other person: noob.
    *closes trade window and proceeds to spam "look at this noob" "sorc is noob."*

18. synx

Thats when you put on your pvp gear, hostile them, take their gold, nk them and leave the game.

19. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

I just hope that there will be a feature in D3 to search through games. If you could type "Baal" and see only baalrun games, or "shako" and see all games where a shako is proposed for trade, it would considerably improve the gaming's experience.

Oh, and btw, I always love to read rant threads. It's a lot of fun to read all those funny stories. Always give me a good laugh to see that I am not the only one who's pissed at Bnetters...

20. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

On the flip side, if I join a game like "o 10 pgems n 10 soj" and advise them, politely, that this is an unreasonable trade, their response will usually either be along the lines of "oh, ok" or "shut up noob you suck you mother cockerel". If it's the former then I'll say bye, save and exit, if it's the latter then it's time to see what Mephi feels like dropping.