Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why can't minions be controlled?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Throttle, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Why can't minions be controlled?

I think it's stupid. A game where almost every class has some form of minion(s), and two classes are even designed to be able to rely purely on these, yet there is no way of controlling them at all. You raise undead minions willing to fight and die for you. Create a replica of your own shadow that "mimics your skills". Summon a valkyrie from the halls of Valhalla. Tame the beasts of the wilderness and have them eat out of your hand - and you have absolutely no way of making them do what you actually want. In fact they tend to do the exact opposite. There should be some sort of simple action that allows you to somewhat control your minions. Nothing complicated, this isn't Warcraft, just something like ctrl-clicking on the ground and your minions would move to that point and attack that opponent.

My daily rant.

2. antihelei

antihelei IncGamers Member

Here is my little strategy:

Teleport to right next to the monster.

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Adding a system to control your minions would probably complicate the game too much, taking away some of the smooth gameplay that it provides.

Also, you can always recast a Valk/Golem/Grizzly at the spot where it is required.

4. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Attract should help