Why can't igive my barb merc anything but sword,helm and armor? de

dokhogg

Diabloii.Net Member
Why can't igive my barb merc anything but sword,helm and armor?

I have tried in Atma to transfer stuff to him, I've tried during a game. Every time I have tried to give him anything but a helm, armor or a single weapon, it won't let me. At times it would be nice to give him a shield, more resistance, 2 weapons, etc. I'd like to give him even more stuff, amulets, boots, gloves, etc like the atma merc items screen shows. Since I have seen posts where people talk about giving mercs sets and such, I'm wondering if I am doing something the wrong way. If all I can give him is what he already has, no big deal. If this should be placed in the atma thread, sorry about that, but I have only been playing for a few months, and have learned so much from this forum, I went decided to make my own post rather than a specific thread.

dok

sativola

Diabloii.Net Member
The barb mercs can only equip a sword, armor, and a helm. As far as equipping sets on Mercs, that's mostly with Act 3 mercs I believe. They can have a sword, armor, helm, and a shield. Can't remember which set it was that contained only those items though.

dokhogg

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, quick responses!!! Thanks for the answer, i thought I could give him more...i hate being a newbie...but its nice to have the pros around when I need them.

dok

sativola

Diabloii.Net Member
Ahhh! Why couldn't I remember Isenharts?!? Perhaps its because I just toss the stuff in my extra junk stash....

Seryant

Diabloii.Net Member
No merc can have anything other than an armour, a helmet, and whatever weapon they use. (Bow for the Rogue, Sword+shield for the Iron Wolves, big hurty stick for the Town Guards, big-*** sword for the Barbarians). Putting a set on the merc means putting pieces of a set they can wear on, thats all. The amulet/boots/rings slots are on the merc's screen because ... they are.