Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why can't igive my barb merc anything but sword,helm and armor? de

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by dokhogg, Feb 20, 2004.

1. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Why can't igive my barb merc anything but sword,helm and armor?

I have tried in Atma to transfer stuff to him, I've tried during a game. Every time I have tried to give him anything but a helm, armor or a single weapon, it won't let me. At times it would be nice to give him a shield, more resistance, 2 weapons, etc. I'd like to give him even more stuff, amulets, boots, gloves, etc like the atma merc items screen shows. Since I have seen posts where people talk about giving mercs sets and such, I'm wondering if I am doing something the wrong way. If all I can give him is what he already has, no big deal. If this should be placed in the atma thread, sorry about that, but I have only been playing for a few months, and have learned so much from this forum, I went decided to make my own post rather than a specific thread.

dok

2. sativola

sativola IncGamers Member

The barb mercs can only equip a sword, armor, and a helm. As far as equipping sets on Mercs, that's mostly with Act 3 mercs I believe. They can have a sword, armor, helm, and a shield. Can't remember which set it was that contained only those items though.

3. ThricethebeSaved

ThricethebeSaved Banned

4. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Wow, quick responses!!! Thanks for the answer, i thought I could give him more...i hate being a newbie...but its nice to have the pros around when I need them.

dok

5. sativola

sativola IncGamers Member

Ahhh! Why couldn't I remember Isenharts?!? Perhaps its because I just toss the stuff in my extra junk stash....

6. Seryant

Seryant IncGamers Member

No merc can have anything other than an armour, a helmet, and whatever weapon they use. (Bow for the Rogue, Sword+shield for the Iron Wolves, big hurty stick for the Town Guards, big-*** sword for the Barbarians). Putting a set on the merc means putting pieces of a set they can wear on, thats all. The amulet/boots/rings slots are on the merc's screen because ... they are.

7. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Sazabi's set can also be equipped by a Barb merc, IIRC.