Why aren't double axes more common for cta's?

AgentMarth

Diabloii.Net Member
I like mine to be in flails so when I weapon switch you can't tell I weapon switched, it looks the same both ways. However this only applies to Hoto using characters. The downside to this is nearly dieing to Nihlathak's CE in a full game because your running him on your weapon switch...

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
I bet bnet people only know that flail and crystal swords are the only one handed weapons that can get 5 socket.

Intelligent - I can't tell if you're joking on not, but there are 1 handed 5os axes.

OP - Because you can use a Spirit shield in the other hand to boost your +skills.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer mine in a flail or crystal sword, with more preference to the crystal sword. Double axes just look fugly IMO.

Z-Suijin

Diabloii.Net Member
I have never even considered using an axe before to tell ya the truth. I have always just automatically used a flail.

Hmm, now i wanna go make a axe cta just to be different.

Z-Suijin

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm moderately confused

OP - Because you can use a Spirit shield in the other hand to boost your +skills.
Maybe I'm reading your post wrong: double axes are one-handed.

Flails (41Str, 35Dex)
Crystal swords (43Str)
Double axes (43Str)
Military picks (49Str, 33Dex)
War axes (67Str)

Just so I know one when I see one, HotO goes in flails (since they're the only one-handed mace that can use it), crystal swords are for Spirits (lighter than broad and long swords, at 48Str and 55Str/39Dex, respectively) and double axes are for CtA. Etherealness reduces each Str/Dex req by 10, as well, but dual Spirits aren't bad to use on a Barbarian to hack the hell out of something at CLvl25.

Lord Nyax

Banned
I have 3 CTAs in Ettin Axes, and a Beast Ettin. I like Ettin axes...(highest damage 1 handed axe ftw. Zerks can die in a hole).

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong: double axes are one-handed.

Flails (41Str, 35Dex)
Crystal swords (43Str)
Double axes (43Str)
Military picks (49Str, 33Dex)
War axes (67Str)

Just so I know one when I see one, HotO goes in flails (since they're the only one-handed mace that can use it), crystal swords are for Spirits (lighter than broad and long swords, at 48Str and 55Str/39Dex, respectively) and double axes are for CtA. Etherealness reduces each Str/Dex req by 10, as well, but dual Spirits aren't bad to use on a Barbarian to hack the hell out of something at CLvl25.
Ahhh! I can't seem to read today. I read Double Axe as Double handed axe...