Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why are there so many losers in New York City?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by raffster, May 19, 2005.

1. raffster

raffster Diabloii.Net Member

Why are there so many losers in New York City?

Sorry I just have to vent.

One of the most pathetic users in the company where I work is this very attractive lawyer who has very poor interpersonal skills. Early today she asked me about a computer problem and while I was helping her made really off-the-cuff comments such like, "Oh Raffster I am so pathetic because my life is pathetic." And she kept going and going and going...I just used my meditation skills to "switch her off."

Anyway during the staff meeting our company's director's secretary who was sitting not too far from The Boss was whispering stuff that would have gotten her fired on the spot (e.g. He's such a liar, such a loser, etc. etc. DURING THE staff meeting.) I was appalled by such a behavior.

Tonight I get home to check my email and I get an email from that "pathetic lawyer". Of all the things I dislike about people asking for help is when they do stuff like this: (The following is an example of her email):

To: Raffster (IT Dept)
    RE: (none)
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Her email is succeeded by error messages saying that she couldn't send email to: invalid email addresses and domain names that do not allow our server to relay to them. IT IS VERY CLEARLY STATED ON THE EMAIL.

I feel annoyed because she couldn't even bother to type: "Hey can you check my email when you get in tomorrow? I can't seem to send to those email addresses before?" Or something as simple as "Hey I need your help with something."

What's up with "??????????????????????????????????????????"

I think that just shows what kind of upbringing and manners she has.

Well she is a loser anyway. I honestly haven't met a New Yorker who leads a normal life. Most of them are strange, cocky, arrogant, snobbish and lead pathetic, miserable lives.

Sorry I just had to vent. Having really bad spring allergies can make me very irky.

2. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak Diabloii.Net Member

Its not just NYC, its the whole east coast. Worst behaved people I have ever met. Ugly too. And stupid.

Garbad

3. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Dude, it's not just the east coast. It's not just NYC. It's everywhere. The majority of society is full of morons and losers.

4. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy Diabloii.Net Member

Probably because there are so many people.

5. axeil

axeil Diabloii.Net Member

Garbad your words make me cry.

*tears*

6. Damotta

Damotta Diabloii.Net Member

Yep, you got that right. Us west coast people are all beautiful, and intelligent. :rolleyes:

Well, ok, no, I lie. Actually I think it's a nationwide problem. Just remember, whenever you're having doubts about humanity, you can reinforce those doubts by referring to this poll.

7. Freemason

Freemason Banned

It's a problem with the cities. The mob mentality takes over after you reach 250,000 people.

Think back to the times you've been in the big city vs small towns. Big city people are often better educated but dumber than dirt. Small town people are often HS graduates and smarter than hell.

Why is that? I believe it comes down to one's sense of survival. In the cities, there are many people around you. Hence your chance of standing out for any reason is greatly reduced. You are invisible to muggers, punks, corrupt officials, etc.

In the small towns, everybody knows what's going on, who you are, where you are, etc. Any and all dumb mistakes you make are well known. Hence you are forced to be smart enough to either not make the mistakes or bright enough to conceal them.

Why do you think backwater southern boys have reputations of being so damned hard to catch at anything? It's because they have developed their survival techniques. In the cities, you have less reason to.

That's not to say people in the cities are dumb. Far from it. Your example is of a woman smart enough to get the education. Yet her ability to not make a target of herself is non-existant. Had she had some sort of survival tendencies, she would have had the presence of mind to make her problem just another minor glitch easily solved. Now, she's made her failings known to you.

On the other end of the spectrum - trailer parks, drunks not wearing shirts, and the hit TV show COPS. Need I say more?

8. raffster

Thanks for the empathy guys -- I feel immensely better now. It's sad that the world is full of such people. I really can't understand why people choose to be like this when they could so easily choose to be genuinely nice, kind, sensitive and sensible.

I just replied to her with a one really big "?" followed by: "Do you need my help?"

9. llad12

llad12 Diabloii.Net Member

Because they are often descendants of those damn blue-belly Yanks.

Signed,

Great great grandson of a Confederate Cavalry soldier

10. Tor

Tor Diabloii.Net Member

garbad is the source of 40% of the stupidity out there

omfgzerglingrushedkthxgg

11. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Um, having lived in two very small towns for a significant portion of my life, I have to say that the opposite is true. Both were affluent, but incredibly backwater, and the people, in fact, were not all living, breathing Einsteins as you seem to suggest.

Mob mentality, aye, I'll agree with that. Small town people smarter than people elsewhere, 'fraid not. I'd say that stereotyping either group is already a fallacy.

12. myleftfoot

myleftfoot Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah I was just thinking about the hick mentality. :uhhuh:

13. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Well handled, Raff. But I think you need to reassess your conclusion that the world is full of such people. It is not; right now you are just looking at it through Loser-colored glasses.
    Personally, I feel the world is full of individuals, each one unique and interesting to know. This woman probably has good qualities you just aren't aware of.

14. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

??????????????????????????? ???????????????????

15. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

What?

Ok, strike out the last two sentences; my philosophical mode kicked in by accident. Better?

16. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

:lol:

I was just poking fun. Couldn't resist.

17. raffster

G-d! I thought you were picking a fight with Mixed Variety. :lol:

18. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos Diabloii.Net Member

I'm afraid it's a world wide issue... You can bet your life savings that around 70% of the world's population is composed by egotistic, self-centred, idiots...Or just plain morrons... And the several cathegories under "stupid"

Guess why the world's the mess it is? They say humans use about 10% of their brain's total power... I'd say a few humans do...most use about 4% at much..

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's bad luck that everyday I see and hear about the most retarded feats possibly imaginable (sp?)... But hell, if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck......

Unfortunetly all we can do is endure it... We can't fight them, you can't fight over half of the world... Genocide? We need them unfortunetly... So, just give them a "ahum..ok..." kinda atitude and pitty them...

19. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak Diabloii.Net Member

To me its not about being stupid, I doubt New Yorkers are more stupid than most (although I wouldn't classify them as above average either).

It is about being socially inept assholes. The whole northeastern culture values bitter sarcasm, greed, and arrogance. The average New Yorker has the social skills of a chimp (complete with throwing their feces and shreeking at anything that moves) and are very boring as people - no hobbies, no friends.

And then they wonder why they are so unhappy and lonely despite being surrounded by 25 million other chimps.

Garbad

20. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

I thought you were going to say because they're all blue-staters. (Ties in nicely with the chimp comment above! My boy thinks I work at the place in the Careerbuilder commercial)

Civilization and cramped living conditions spawns perversion. Simple as that. And I don't have the proper accent, so I can appreciate your view; most of the people hereabouts are Bronx, Westchester, or northern New Jersey transplants.