Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why are maulers so expensive?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mkombat, Sep 14, 2006.

1. mkombat

mkombat IncGamers Member

Why are maulers so expensive?

I've read threads discussing the viability of a pvp werebear. Most people suggest fireclaws bears over maulers due to their expensiveness. Why are maulers so much more expensive? Could you get a 3/4 shael griswold's caddy and use that as a weapon effectively (this would be much cheaper than the expensive suggested "super" weapons a bear should use), and wouldn't a fc bear be relatively expensive too, considering it needs a lot of +skills (I've heard of some fc bears getting a ridiculously high lvl lycan with only 1 hard point)?

2. Pavement

Pavement Banned

maul can do more damage than fury per hit with similar weapons, BUT you have to charge the skill, and usually you won't be attacking as fast as fury with the same weapon, 105% ias caddy and robo phase blade excluded (speedwise, they have horrible damage output however). You will also have worse FHR and FBR breakpoints than a fury druid, and so the main attraction of the bear is its ability to deliver fire damage at a better rate than the wolf.

3. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

All PvP builds are expensive really. Precise gear choices for Maulers can make or break its effectiveness probably more then others, so I would argue that it's not overly expensive from most other PvP builds, but it may be more streamlined and require more obscure equipment.

4. Pavement

Pavement Banned

For example - 120 max 24 fhr armor, +2 druid +3 maul 24 fhr 60 max pelt with custom phase is pretty much balls out for a melee oriented mauler, but good luck EVER finding some of that stuff.