Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why are a lot of people stupid when it comes to botd bows? <

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by egervari, Mar 15, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

Why are a lot of people stupid when it comes to botd bows?

I guess this might be a negative topic, but everyone that has seen my botd (412%/15% cursader) without my permission using mh has either said:

1. "I hate paypallers", even though I made this bow with my own runes and bow find (10% of the time)
    2. "LOL. Crusader Botd. Use Hydra Bow you (insert typical bnet insult here)" (85% of the time)
    3. Nice Botd (5% of the time).

Now, if these guys weren't such lamens when it came to amazons, they'd know crusader has the same speed and average damage as a hydra bow, but it uses way less requirements. It's actually very smart to use a 15% superior crusader bow.

Has anyone else came across these people or have had similar comments? Can anyone say why people on bnet are this ignorant?

2. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

uh.... just try using an upgraded ribcracker with a druid.

99% of bnet: "WTF LOL that dr00d is using staff. what n008 dr00d!!!! Use axes dey fast for dr00d. staff wtfrofllmao those R for sorcs n00b"

1% of bnet: nice weapon

The vast majority of bnet players are just plain ignorant. It's just something you have to plan for when you get online. Most people just do things because tehy've been told its' the best... they have no idea about actual attack rates, damage comparisons, etc. Plus, almost all of them use derogatory, and usually racist comments for descriptions of just about anything.

If you can't come to terms with it, there's always single player

--fatty

3. egervari

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Ripcracker is an obvious melee weapon too... it's the only one with any enhanced damage at all. I'd probably settle for a botd archon staff (talk about style!), but Stalagmite has good damage output for the weapon speed (with the 50 ias on it to boot).

4. Hashmalum

Hashmalum IncGamers Member

egevari, I dont post on these forums much, I mostly sit back and read threads of interest. So far every single thread I have seen you post in you have mentioned your BotD in some way or another. NOONE CARES ABOUT YOUR BOTD. STOP 'BRAGGING' ABOUT IT. SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR DUMB BOW ALREADY.

5. egervari

Err, okay. Anyway, I'm not bragging because it's not worth bragging. There are hundreds if not thousands of botds on ladder. Nothing makes mine special. And no, not every post has mentioned the botd either. I don't know where this is coming from. I have so many posts active already and this is the only one from today. I have 2 enigmas, 3 chains and 1 botd total. Considering the botds and chains are worth more than my botd, if I wanted to brag, I'd be doing it to those too. Meh.

6. Hashmalum

Hashmalum IncGamers Member

Whatever. I surf every forum every day and everytime I see your name I see something about your BotD and its near perfect percentages like anyone cares. Gets annoying, now you make a thread and of course your BotD is mentioned. Dont make these stupid threads to brag about your weapon which noone cares about

7. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Actually I feel your pain. I see people drool over CCB when the Colossus Sword does more damage not the Blade. And before you mention weapon speeed if your packing A ccb you probably at max frame rate neways or you went shopping.
    Now if you don't mind I'll return to trying to Fury my 3-soc Wirts leg.

8. egervari

Err, sounds like someone hasn't found tal armor yet. Look, I just found this annoying because every game I go into (most trade games today), somebody comments on it. What makes it worse is that one person says I'm an idiot for making it in a crusader and then you have 3-4 other novice players agreeing with him (and you can tell they can't even afford tal set, nevermind a botd or something similar. After doing this for about 4 hours today, I probably heard more talk about my bow then I did about the items I was trading. In fact, this kind of talk hurt my trading since people didn't want some of the exotic items I had (which carry high value to the right people). They'd rather see shakos and stormshields and all the other crap everyone else has. Anyway, I respect your opinion but I haven't mentioned to bow in many threads iirc. I don't know what's the big deal anyway but this annoying talk in trade games has made me bring it up since it happened so frequently.

9. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Will You Stop Touching Me!

10. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

People are stupid
    People on b.net are very stupid

11. egervari

heh, agreed

12. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

heh, you lucky people on europe always laughed at me for making my BotD in hydra bow ( was 14%ed and became 411%/12% ) i know i know crusader is better but hydra looks teh pwn :thumbsup:

peace.

ps: what realm you on? im on europe

13. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Yes, I run into these people all the time, I get used to it. Still bugs the crap out of me, like today this guy looks at my armor I'm selling him, he offers something and I don't want, before I say anything about what I want the guy says " omg noob wtf u want enigma for that crap get a life noob" honestly like :cheesy:

14. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Since I use a WF on my ama I haven't gotten stupid commments like that. I find that as long as you dont answer them, they shut up. Thats not to say that I wouldn't get equally angry...good luck.
    :thumbsup:

-Backdoor Bandit

15. det

det IncGamers Member

:lol: Sometimes its hard to resist to "brag" a little bit, especially when you accomplished something hard on your own. Man was I happy when pindle dropped me a WF in SP HC 1.09...or when I made it to lv 99 with my Guardian..

..or when I traded an Um'ed Shaft...

...best of all: Gambled a Mara's on 1.10 HC Ladder. Dum di Dum...I mentioned that quite often (pretending it was only to inform ppl that gambling suddenly pays off again ;) )

16. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

If I had a 412/15 botd I would brag a lot too I think.
    I checked his last few posts and none of them mentioned his bow besides the ones in this thread.

I'm a windforce man myself though.

17. Sniper Wolf

Sniper Wolf IncGamers Member

wf owns botd so bad :), my zon does 500-7.1k w/ highs on w/ wf, does 1.4k-4.1k w/ mat of evisc, and does 900ish-4.2 w/ botd.. botd is teh suc!! omg yes~ and it was a 408% crus i was using, mat has 7fps and does more dmg :) wf is 8 and does sooooooooo much more buhahaha

18. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Can't believe this is still being debated.

19. sunami

sunami Banned

Is the cruel bow of alactricity (sp) w 2 open sockets still considered good in 110? Its easy to reach 105 ias for 8 fps attack. I was thinking 2xum, with draculs and goreriders thats 85% OW, ed/60 ias armor, cats or highlords, and ed/15 jewel in helm for 8 fps. Add a few 290s and you got fast attack with massive OW and some poison (I duel in east pubbies) OW should make up for slightly less damage. Could work. Any thoughts?

20. marvel.

marvel. Banned

psn is.. so ***! but deaths/antidotes> psn (and people can ant pot if your gona use mass psn on them ,its bm :lol: )
    WF hits the same ias w/ like 45 more, so it would be worth your while to work for it.. like the only good armour for bow amas is ed/ias w/ stats now anyways -.-, thats 60 + 35 right there! 95, use highs or cats, some jewels, coa or ed/ias or shako, and you'll hit 8 w/ a wf :p