Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WHY AM I THe only person who thinks it rocks?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by xtylerx, Feb 2, 2004.

1. xtylerx

xtylerx IncGamers Member

WHY AM I THe only person who thinks it rocks?

i dont get it, ever since i heard about the patch coming out i was super excited about BOTD, but not for the same reasons as some people.
    i didnt want to make any ethereal crap or berzerkers or CBs with crap avg dmg i wanted to make one of the most ridiculously cool swords...

a BOTD phase.
    a waste of runes, me thinks not. taking one of the fastest swords in the game and making its INSANE. i think for a zealot it is great, i made a 1.10 conc pally and did wonderful, and even did great with a fanat zealot... yet the question still looms.. why do everyone and they're mothers rag on my botd phase. becasue idiots think max dmg is the dmg you do they assume it sucks, and meanwhile whilest they are laughing at me, i challeng them and beat them. and they say its luck, when they kill me its skill...

so please good paladins of the forum room let me hear your words.
    tell me why it sucks
    tell me why its good

tell me if you have one, i seem to be the only one on east.. or so i think.

and on top of paladins, ENCHANT ROCKS WIHT BOTD PHASE... i just dont understand, i cna beat eth zerkers and they still rag on me....

i dont even think its the weapon anymore if you had a bstar and had over 15k AR you could take down an old ith zerker 4 havoc mark bugger pala or barb.

i would like to hear lord ragnarod's input. he always has the fatherly words.

:xman:

2. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Well an eth BOTD zerker axe has much higher avg dmg than BOTD phase(not sure what you mean by crap avg dmg as it has over 300 avg dmg). Also zealots generally dont need that much speed. You only need minimal ias speed with an eth BOTD zerker axe anyways. And dont forget that a zerker axe has a range of 3.

3. xtylerx

xtylerx IncGamers Member

i like my speed though. because you can get more hits in, wiht enough DS and Open wounds and pois you can get a kill wiht less than 2 zeals. depending on your def and leech(if it ever casts).

4. Megaman123

Megaman123 IncGamers Member

Im sure every zealot with a BotD BA is zealing at the same speed you are 4fps. Since they more than double your damage and have better range unless their ar is pathetic I dont see how you stand a chance.

5. acceleration turkey

acceleration turkey IncGamers Member

your fetish for the phase blade's speed is no less stupid than someone else's craving for high max damage.

with 60% ias, the phase blade is only 1 frame faster than the berserker axe with zeal. with 60% and level 20 fanaticism, both reach 4 frames.

the berserker axe has greater range than the phase blade (3)

the berserker axe has more reasonable requirements

the berserker axe does nearly 50% more damage than the phase blade

the berserker axe can be ethereal

ethereal berserk axe does more than twice as much damage as a phase blade.

you managed to smash a few pubs in spite of your phase blade base, not because of it. you should be slapped for wasting the runes in a non-ethereal item.

and what the hell does it mean to kill in "less than 2 zeals"? would that be, lets see, one zeal? not like deadly strike works in proportion to your weapon damage anyway :rolleyes:

6. MadWereWolfBoy

MadWereWolfBoy IncGamers Member

a botd phase blade is really... a joke... unless u r using concentration that is

if u use fanat, go with a zerk

7. Lanjudo

Lanjudo IncGamers Member

1.10 dose rock man, i like the new runewords and uniqs its great there just lazy cuase they dont wanna play ladder and restart cuase they got all thier godly stuff

8. breez

breez IncGamers Member

Seriously, the dmg of Phase Blade is pathetic compared to eth berserkers. And it would be a total waste of the indestructible mod of BoTD.

9. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

and its 5ias short of 4frame fury, boooo!

10. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

hey i agree with you... thnk god there is some1 who does not "cookie cutter" build out there besides me.

my only criticism... is that IF you ar e a zealotthat uses fanat aura then you dont need that much IAS... the 35%ias is from fanat aura is a great boost... 4 FPS is 4FPS.

also dont show your gear lol... why tell other people? you want them to critisize you or worse yet (copy you).. if you are on to something that works thats different from all other builds then only tell friends heh..

NOW i think the best way to use a BOTD phase is to make a zealot that does not use fanat arura... maybe a conviction zealot with some nasty elemental dmg items added... or maybe maxed Freezealot... you dont need fanat aura to max IAS with a phase BOTD...

if you do use fanat... i think a BOTD zerk is better.. or war spike (base speed -10 so you can get 4FPS)...

I TOTALLY AGREE with you that AVG dmg is a LOT more important than max dmg... and i agree that people only ever see the max dmg of a weapon... doesnt bother me none.

11. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

This argument is very very lame.

It simply does not matter. You want a melee duel?

BOTD Eth Giant thresher. Over 800 dmg AND range of 5.

Teleport + WW = Death of your Zealot. Doesn't matter you have a BOTD ZerkerAxe or BOTD Phase blade. They are both overrated junk.

12. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

(1) Eth Botd Zerker + Fana versus (2) Botd Phase Blade + Conc

(1) has like 3-4 times as much dmg, same speed, much more attack rating -_-;

13. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

Yes, everyone knows about the ethereal botd zerker. I rather like the botd phase myself. If you use both fanat and concentration (some 1.09 zealots did), then you could have the ias to beat the crap out of doom users. concentrations 20% uninterruptible can have some interesting results, seen it many times. I agree that it is still a good weapon. Frankly, keep on using it if you like it. You are wearing a nice, concentrated damage weapon. you might consider some min damage stuff since its a phase. It would be an interesting way to go. good luck

--welt

14. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Isnt Zeal uniterruptible? Unless you're using vengeance or something... isnt concentration kind of useless for a pvp melee paladin?

In that case BOTD Eth Great Polaxe would be superior to Giant Thresher. It has lower strength requirements, higher damage, can still reach the last WW break point and has the same range.

15. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

BotD phase is only better when style is concerned.

With a fanatic zealot, weapon speed is not really important. You can gain good IAS from aura and gear to reach 4 frame. A fast weapon is only needed for a few skills such as whirlwind, fury and maul. A BotD zerker axe can reach last WW break point no problem. For fury, I am not sure, I suspect zerker is still better overall. For Maul, neither one is fast enough, got to use a 4-socket Griswold Caddy to reach 5-frame.

16. KruxDeValor

KruxDeValor IncGamers Member

using a botd phase with a power zealot in 1.10 is original, and it would be a really good idea if eth rune worked the same way it did in .09. now zealots are based on high ar, real high ar and well fana offers ar that conc doesnt, up to now ive yet to face my 1st power zealot. id be glad to duel your power zealot if youd like, i play on east. just leave me ur acct and ill msg you when i get the chance.

17. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

Good point. However, Great Polaxe has slower attack speed.

18. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli IncGamers Member

if ur jus gona stack psn, u can win in 2 zeals with a charsi weap =X

i think phase is better for a conc pally, but zerker for fana pally...

no! zeal isnt uninterruptable! (only the 20% when usin conc)

all botd's suck on druid fury IMO... 4 fpa is so much better than 5 with phase (or even slower with zerk) -- i'd much rather have 1.10 gris weap or a robo or a cruel of quick =/

19. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

But since Great Poleaxe reaches the same breakpoint it doesnt matter.