Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why am I the only one still getting realm down on East? if

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Tkennan, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Tkennan

Tkennan IncGamers Member

Why am I the only one still getting realm down on East?

Been down all day for me. West works fine. And yeah, I know that there's a topic for "all discussion", but this seems to be an isolated issue since everyone else has been on the realm for hours now. Any ideas on what might be wrong on my end?

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

you were probably temp banned for "bot like activity" changing games or chars quickly, muling items, ect..
    the more you try to login the longer it lasts
    if you can change your ip reset your router, or give it a couple hours and try again
    they can last from 5min-2days

3. Tkennan

Tkennan IncGamers Member

I know what a temp ban is, and this is different. Temp bans come up at the character screen, after you attempt to log in -- this is coming up right after clicking Battle.net. Besides, I haven't even been online for over 2 days because of this.

4. Tkennan

Tkennan IncGamers Member

Realm is still down for me. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Could my University somehow be blocking the IP for Blizz's USEast realm only?

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

they might be blocking ports, or if others in your dorm are using d2 bliz could be seeing lots of connections from that ip and not allowing any more

6. Tkennan

Tkennan IncGamers Member

Again though, I can connect just fine to any other realm. That means it can't be ports, since all realms use 6112. As far as seeing too many connections from one IP, it's not like everyone at my University (or dorm or even room) has the same IP. They're all unique just like anyone else. Still wouldn't explain USWest working either.

I'm clueless here, but I know I'm not missing anything obvious. Anyone have an idea?

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

You say the issue is coming up when you hit the b.net button. What EXACTLY does the message say? I've never seen a "Realm Down" message at that point.

8. Tkennan

Tkennan IncGamers Member

Nor have I. But when a realm actually has been down, for maintenence or otherwise, this is the message I recall getting, despite it not saying anything about realm down. The message is actually "Unable to connect to Battle.net". It only comes up if I select USEast. If you want to see the exact message, when it comes up, and what it does before coming up, just unplug your internet connection -- that gives the same exact message.