Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why am I having trouble with Horodric Cubing?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wolron, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Wolron

Wolron Diabloii.Net Member

I have returned to D2 after playing D3 for a while. When I found three EL runes, I tried to cube them into an ELD. It did not work. I tried three ETHs latter and still no luck. I am playing from my original disk set and I have never playing anything but standard D2 (no mods).

By the way, I was successful cubing the three ruby chips into a flawed ruby.

2. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

If you're playing from the disk then you are likely on 1.07. Recipes to upgrade runes up to Thul weren't added until 1.09, the rest in 1.10.

pharphis and drmalawi like this.
  3. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

you need to update patch of D2. Run the game as administrator and log into Bnet inside the game and it will be updated

4. Wolron

That gives me two more challenges. One, I will try to run the game as administrator. Two, I will try to log into battlenet. I actually have an old password for battle.net, so this might be possible. Thanks for the quick response.

5. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

You don't need a password, since logging onto an account can't happen until after the update anyway.

Patches can also be downloaded from blizz website(s).

6. drmalawi

the first is easy, right click in the game icon and there is an option "run as administrator"
    the second is also easy, you just need to click "connect to battle.net" in the game starting menu

good luck!

7. Wolron

Yes, easy and easy! I am beginning to get some confidence that this is actually going to be fun again. One other thing though, I tried to use ATMA again. I was able to get into my old ATMA files and move things around in them. I was able to establish two new characters and move things between them. However, I was not able to move anything between the old and the new. My guess is that it might be due to the same problem of the D2 patch, however it may also be because I forgot to use HARDCORE in my new characters. I will try a hardcore character now and see if that is the problem with ATMA. (I always played HARDCORE before and will do that again now that I am remembering the old habits.)

ioupainmax likes this.
  8. drmalawi

nowadays we have a nice (ATMA based) program called GoMule :)

9. OldSoldier

OldSoldier Diabloii.Net Member

As an OT aside, I blame Wolron for keeping me playing this game for so long. He hosted the Afterlife Tournament in 2007 which was my first guardian if I recall correctly. Welcome back and you know you have to go HC all the way!

pharphis, ioupainmax and drmalawi like this.
  10. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back Wolron

11. Wolron

Sounds interesting. I assume that having both ATMA and GoMule on my PC is OK.

Note that since my original post, I have acquired the patch for Diablo and now that works fine. However, ATMA is not doing well. Any suggestions? I tried a new hardcore character but it did not seem to be ATMA compatible with my old hardcore characters (circa 2009).

12. Wolron

I went back and looked at the old Afterlife rules. Were you a purist? My favorite old tournament was HEPTAD. I may try that again.

13. OldSoldier

OldSoldier Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmm I don't remember what a Purist was. That was 10 years and 2 kids ago though... I do remember skipping a crap load of enemies to get in under the level of another player, and almost being surrounded by dozens of monsters in doing so. Some of my most harrowing experiences in this game to this day!