Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why am I hated?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by eaapops, Sep 7, 2006.

1. eaapops

eaapops IncGamers Member

Why am I hated?

I just restarted diablo 2 not too long ago and have been having a blast...except for in every baal run I go into I am told to destroy my summons or not to use them period. Do people really think that my 13 skeletons cause them to lag? It couldn't be the sorc raining down 2189 meteors leaving the screen in one big ball of fire? I only make skeletons, and I only make them until the first wave spawns, after that I just use CE, so more then likely I make about 4-5 skeletons if someone tele's to throne. Tonight people actually left the party and reformed without me....because I made 5 skeletons......:scratch:

So my question is, should I swallow my pride and not summon the skeletons I put so many skill points into?

2. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

well, last night i was hosting some 8 player pubby baal runs (so few people do this, since the bots got killed, its sad). And i stuffed up and died. Now once this happened I was very happy to have a summoner in game. His army distracted all the monsters and i could get my body back and help with the killing again. Needless to say that all the other leecher's did stuff all to help out while this was going on.

I agree with you, meteors are much worse lagwise. But having said that, if the runs are going smoothly and your summons aren't needed, then don't bother to summon them and endure less hassles. Just sit there and leech like so many others do.=/

3. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

If you can do without the skelies then do that and also you'll do without the leaching wingers telling you your lagging them out.

Personally I dont have a problem with sorcs or summoners lagging me..that is.. they dont lag me.Though it annoys me to join a baal game and theres three higher chars than me standing in town doing nothing.

Ill run down with my barb and go the wrong way:laugh: and they all groan and leave cause its taking so long..but all they do is stay in town...:banghead:

4. GandalfTheGhey

GandalfTheGhey IncGamers Member

Ya, I've been wondering about this too, I play a necro summoner with maxed skeles and mages and everyone seems to have a fit if I walk around with even 3 skeles.

I don't remember it like this back a year ago ( when I quit ). They all claim it lags them but I've been in the game with a few summoners and they don't seem to lag me :cool:

Now I know from experience that if you have a lower end computer, a lot of on-screen action can drop your framerate a lot, maybe this is the problem?

5. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

There just too cheap to upgrade and blame it on poor necros..

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

It's bnet ignorance. I've hosted/joined SP Hell baal runs with my necro (13 skellies 7 mages, 10 revives, golem) and the comment I have had is "Stick it on players 8; your skellies can handle it." No worries about lag.

As I see it, you have these options:
    1) find some players with a brain
    2) summon them and enjoy yourself
    3) don't summon, leech exp and watch when the others all die because they haven't got any meatshields

Frankly, I have more problems when I kill Shenk; THAT causes me to lag.

7. soul killer

soul killer Banned

I dont like when theres a lvl90+ hdin in the game and then you see this low lvl summoner filling the screen with his usless skellies.
    Its doesnt lag but its annoying to see all those white things running around clogging the screen.

8. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

I like when theres a summon necro about - they tie up all the monsters and make it a very safe game for everyone.

I've been in games with 4 summon necros with a HORDE of summons running about, me with my fanatism aura boosting them a little. Was a very easy game with not much lag at all.

9. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

The solution to your predicament is simple, simply summon all that you can, that include golem, 13 or more skelly, equal amount mages and a few revives; give your merc some chance to cast weapon; walk into the team portal and then cast bone wall around the screen, then cast poison nova, hang around for a bit or TP back to town.

The bone wall will draw all monster from miles away and no doubt you have gave your team mate a damn lag to remember.

If they ever complain, just type “lol, get a better connectionâ€.

People should be thankful to us the necromancers and our skelly, blizzard should have made undead like those in guildwars if the player quit the undead become masterless and will attack any player in sight > therefore no one will p us off.

10. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Whenever anyone complained about my summons, I just told them to get a better computer.

In Baal games, instead of summoning, I just Amp the waves, then when the hammerdin (or whoever, there's usually always a hammerdin) drops the first corpse, I Explode away. I've noticed that I tend to end up scoring most of the kills anyway, and it's the most useful thing you can do as a summoner in Baal games.

11. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Yea I like being in baal games with my paly when theres summoners in there.Seeing his fanat/might from last wish and conc from pride getting transfered to the allied skeles :smiley:

Only thing is its sometimes hard to tell what to hit:badteeth:

12. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Awhile back, I hosted a baal game with my high level summoner, telly'd out the throne room, provided a safe tp for the 7 people who joined.

Immediately get all this crap about my summons lagging out game (saw no lag myself). After 4 of 7 complained, I very quickly unsummoned my 15 skels, 13 mages, and golem. 6 people died on the council wave, I had set a tp way in back and escaped, 1 sorc managed to run out thru my portal.

So there was this quiet silence for a few minutes in town. 2 of the complainers left. 2 remaining complainers along with the other 2 that died, asked nicely for me to get a skelly army back up again. LOL

13. brualness

brualness Banned

some time in the main lag time 6-9pm to meny summons can make the lag pritty bad most of the time wheni running baals i dont mind to much as long as there is not to meny of them so if u getting pissed of with ppl u can come baal with me but is i say kill some of plz do so but thats only if the lage is bad

my acc = brutalness is up 2 u will be doing some 2 night

14. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

If I'm in a nm baalrun and a level 90 hammerdin is doing all the work killing...then I won't summon anything since there's really no need to and just use curses instead for as long as I get into that run & the pally is still there.

If there's no high level doing the killing...then I summon my skeletons and ingnore those leetchers that are not doing anything and are the biggest complainers. If the whole group starts complaining then I bring out my mages as well...and with even use the poison vine pet from the carrion ring.

I find spamming bone wall a noob thing that just causes the group to get mad...not to lag. Sometimes when I'm stuck with low levels that complain about my skeletons lagging them...I'll unsummon them and watch as the party seems to die faster now...and isn't until some jabroni dies a 2nd or 3rd time that they ask for my skeletons again.

When I refuse to bring the skeletons back because of their complaining in the first place...I inform them that next time you have a summoner in your game to remember how fast they died without the summoner's help...then wait for the other party to kill off the rest of the run.

HoS

15. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

I use a bowazon to make many chaos runs and them i see that: low lvls necros summoning a weak group of skellies only for these die to first monster they fight, and most of these ppl dont make the obvious(or is so just for me?), never use curses or CE on monsters, damm, even the lvl 1 amplify dmg is usefull and can be godly in a party with ppl doing phisical dmg and the CE is awesome, i have a bonemancer lvl ** that use bone spear to get first corpses and after use CE like crazy, can summon 8 skellies(weapon give skill) but never used, merc and golem is enough with CE.
    HellPlayer.

16. garion

garion IncGamers Member

eh..usually its their own connections that can't handle the skeles...oh wells...sometimes i summon...sometimes i dont...i just don't raise my full contingent of skeles..that would be excessive...but i do raise maybe 3-5 as my personaly bodyguards..incase things go to hell...lol

also another thing is you can go do other runs while they baal if you want to just take advantage of the player bonus....

17. Das Adin

Das Adin IncGamers Member

I have been hostled for summoning a golem in town. I've had people leaving and reforming groups when I had 5 or so minions out. And I hate the excuse that people can't buy better computers. One guy said he was getting lag and I replied "This game has been out for over 5 years, and I have played it on 4 computers. Only the first one ever lagged me." He replied he didnt have the money to buy a better computer. I asked him how old his comp was and he told me it was bought in 98. 1998! What does it cost to get a computer above minimum specs for Diablo II? Two hundred dollars? Over the 8 years he could have been saving up thats $2.08 a month. You can find that much change lying on the ground in that tinme.

18. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

One story I shall relate:

I once had a nice, full group of skeletons going (just fighters) and at Diablo's pad, I was greeted with a bunch of 'unsummon, n00b' comments over and over again, so...

Using my Enigma teleport, I was able to bring over a goodly-sized mob and then portaled out.

'Noob'? No, I don't think so, jerks.

In any case, I think that Ash Housewares describes it best (may have been another 'old-timer') by simply summoning more and more minions every time they complain and whine. In rebuttal, tell whomever it is that's whining the most to stop using an entire skill tree of theirs... say... those meteors for sorceress-class for example?

Pfeh.

-Patsy
    "He tried
    To cross
    As fast train neared
    Death didn't draft him
    He volunteered
    Burma-Shave."

19. SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor IncGamers Member

My fishymancer just uses clay golem, decrepify (sometimes LR if there are lots of sorcs around) and CE in pubby games. Its much easier than having to deal with a lot of the kids in the pubbies. And just by doing this I'm still contributing more than 50% the people in the games. The only semi-rational reason I can see for not wanting skellies on baal runs is that they can be confusing on wave 2 if theres a lot of stuff going on. Of course I've just started soloing baal in chaos runs with my fishymancer.

20. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

That's what I do as well patsy...if the complain about my skeletons...I bring out my mages...if they complain about the mages as well...I bring out the revives...once they complain about them...I use my poison vine from carrion ring because of the extra lag that it helps cause (and every necro needs to have a pet anyway).

Another thing I'll do...is they complain about when they die once they reach the throne and always blame the necromancer summoner or not...so since I'll have my skeletons out at that time...I'll unsummon them and make a tp.

They die yet again and I get blamed for it...I tell them that they can't have it both ways...either I summon and they die or I unsummon and they die because my summons aren't there to save their lame asses...I get "summon please" more times than not to summon soon afterwards.

HoS