Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whoa!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by stevep0520, Apr 7, 2004.

1. stevep0520

stevep0520 IncGamers Member

Whoa!

So I'm guiding my level 50 fishymancer through the 1st part of Act 1 nightmare, getting close to the Monastary.

(BTW this is in 1.10, single player w/o internet connection)

I know the Charsi imbue quest is coming up and I'm in need of a + skills boost. I'm hoping to get +1 to summoning skills or something like that to help boost my army, as I have no twinked items on him.

I pick up a cracked bone wand with +1 to confuse in the Pit and go on my merry way.

Ding dong, the Smith is dead, come outside, get out of bed.

Head over to Charsi, give her the wand, and out pops this little masterpiece:

Spirit (I forgot the 2nd part of the name, I wrote everything else down)
    Bone Wand
    Damage: 3 to 9
    9% life stolen per hit
    9% mana stolen per hit
    +3 to Fire Golem
    +3 to Lower Resist
    +1 to Bone Prison
    +25% Cold Resist
    +21% Fire Resist
    +2 TO NECROMANCER SKILL LEVELS

:yep:

Now, I know the dual leech is useless for a wand like this (and for a Skellimancer), but the ancillary skills are pretty good (a level 5 Fire Golem for Free), good Lower Resist, and the resists are outstanding.

I have a +26% lightning resist jewel that I plan to socket in this little guy, so my resists will be even that much better for Hell, and I can free up some space for MF gear (once I build up the PTopaz stash....)

Anyhow, some of you may not be impressed, but I basically did the dance of joy, as my expectations were FAR exceeded with this thing. It's pretty much an end game weapon, in my book (aside from the uber wands).

:drink:

Now, if I could only find a Homonuculus......

2. Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer IncGamers Member

Nice imbue! Your right the leach doesn't do much for you but the rest of the mods are pretty good.

3. Gruntmaster

Gruntmaster IncGamers Member

This has got to be a late April Fool's joke. Charsi NEVER imbues anything useful! :lol:

Congrats on getting something you really needed. *hears Rolling Stones music in the background..... You can't always get what you want......*

4. stevep0520

stevep0520 IncGamers Member

GM,

I totally agree.

"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes you just might find, you get what you need...."

It was pretty good for that low level of a wand....

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

yea, that is a good imbue! the best ive gotten from her was a +1 al skills ammy that i didnt use cause i had a another +skills andit had resists too.

6. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

I am suspicious. We all know Charsi's Imbue Reward Services (Motto: Making White Items Worthless and Yellow) is just a division of Ormus's Supply House of All Things Rare and Crappy (Motto: It Doesn't Do Anyone Any Good!). Anya over in Act V heads up the Class Specific Pieces of Yellow Junk (Motto: You wouldn't want it; even at level 1!) division of this little scam that they have going. They give us crappy rares they cost them next to nothing to produce, while we risk our lives helping out their miserable little existence.

Now, I was impressed that despite 1.10 making rares better in general, these three stuck to their guns of creating incredible piles of worthless junk. I mean, I once had a druid get a +1 to poison creeper/+3 to light radius/+50% enhanced defense wolf helm from Anya. In Nightmare. However, this "wand" is useful.

I suspect this is what's going on:
    -in light of the incredibly useful rares people are finding or gambling, these three are afraid we're going to stop helping them out.
    -in order to ensure our continued assistance, they've decided to start passing out the occassional useful item.
    -this random reinforcement of our behaviour will only strengthen our compulsion to help them out.

In other words, we are being manipulated! Stop supporting them; deal with Gheed's Gambling Extravangaza instead. He has outlets in all the major towns. Why, I hear some people even get greens and golds there! You can't beat that!

As for this "wand" I think it should be destroyed, in order to ensure that we don't start giving the message to Charsi/Ormus/Anya that we're going to be suckered into their little game. In order to ensure proper disposal, please send it to me.

:flip:

Seriously, great imbue. It gives me hope.

7. Pucho

Pucho Banned

^^^^^^^^^^
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    just cant stop laughing

oh, I forgot, very nice wand!

8. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Since you're so tight with Charsi, think you could put in a good word for me? I could really use the help.

9. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua IncGamers Member

Very nice wand indeed.

Congrats on the great imbue.

10. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

you imbued an ammy??

that's a very nice imbue you got there stevep... i'd guess you can use that for quite a while through the game, so its really sweet to get it so early.

11. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Great imbue! I'm glad someone got their moneys worth from one of those quest rewards.

12. chiam_ace

chiam_ace IncGamers Member

I think he means "armour" not "amulet"

13. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Nice wand! Sometimes it pays off to do something unrational. :clap:

Myself, I usually look in the shops for a Necromancer´s wand of Wizardry/Enlightenment with good +skills (can be found from character level 45) and I also craft several Caster and Hitpower wands during the game (both recipes require the common Tir rune). I usually reserve the imbues for shrunken heads since those can be neither bought nor gambled.