Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

whoa! first uswest ladder 99 char is on ebay??! lol

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Mar 23, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

2. Leto`

Leto` IncGamers Member

why should anyone BUY a lvl 99 char...
    Having one is the satisfaction of having it built yourself (i suppose), and that's what it misses lol.

Not that I see point in all those high chars anyway, I have a lvl 90 now, only by doing mf runs, not with the purpose of leveling ...

edit: people will pay for the items i guess then ...fun is gone fast if u buy things in games imo

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

So therer is a Lv 99 with all items on Ebay. Big ______ Deal.

As I say ingame:

"Maphack is for the weak"

So, in this case,

"Ebay is for the weak"

Case closed.

4. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

All that on ladder. I gotta admit, that shizit is unbelievable. I wonder if a big dealer will win that auction and re-sell everything in pieces. Heck, I remember when people would pay $300 for a WF on EBay...that's a bargain I suppose...although what's the point...buying pixels. 8 x Griz Hat...dang!

5. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

I'm just trying to figure out why you would want to buy something like that. I mean come on. Who wants to take that much fun out of the game anyways. Plus, I like my nice USEast realm. I don't wanna play on the west.

6. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i just thought of something as well. ladder has been up 4-5 months? it took him that long. ALL that work and game play. and for what? looks like 350 bucks. honestly i get paid more than that a month to sit on my butt cheeks and do nothing. and i'm serious. disability issues. it seems like a huge waste to have worked that hard and just sell it.

7. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

300$ may seem steep...but basically you're getting about 20 chars and and least 2x or 3x of every item in the game. Yowza.

8. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

However, if you just played the game for some months to have fun with it and you get bored when you have everything. You can choose to let it expire after 3 months or sell it for a few 100 $.....

9. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

There is nothing in this world that could persuade me to spend 335$ on a damn UsWest 99 ladder char, I mean really :rant:, I have many better things to spend that amount of money on then pixels :grrr: :thumbsup:

10. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

I must say.. that is one insanely impressive account listing. Tyreals Might? 4-5 Enigmas?

Can't say I agree with Ebay, the price seems about right for the going rate over there.

11. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Lmfaoooo!

"ethereal Crown Of Ages"

Hahahhaa

12. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

I'm not surprised at all by the number of bids and how high the bidding has gotten too. You're not just buying one lvl99 char. I think its quite safe to say that is the most comprehensive collection of high level chars and items on ladder. I even recognized a couple character names.

Fact is that people do buy off Ebay. If someone is prepared to shell out a few hundred bucks for D2 items, there is probably not a better deal out there. You could probably assemble the same collection by buying from individual sellers but it would probably take you a long time to track down everything. For someone who really does want it all, this is by far quick and easy.

13. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

I traded with rytrearc. I met him in a private mf game,(stole my run game names lol.) He was really cool, we chatted for a bit, and he gave me some amzing stuff. Zod being the best, crescent moon phase being the worst. He is a cool guy, i wouldn't sell all that for 350$ He could parcel it out and make 1000 or more seriously.

14. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Wow, that is seriously pathetic. It is pretty sad how he lists the characters "merits" And the "infamous" baal runs.... :scratch:
    You know this is an adult, who completely dropped out of life and reality to souly play diablo. Dude is probably selling his gear because he is about to get evicted...
    That auction is truely sad, not the funny sad we can all giggle at.
    It will be interesting to see what the final bid is, as it stands now, he is getting royally screwed.

15. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

thats incredible.... but it seems impossible to have such a collection. i honesly refuse to believe someone could amass every item in the game in that time, not to mention get that many 90s...he makes it seem like a cake walk. it would take hundreds of baal runs just to lvl those characters once past lvl **-90.
    i also get really suspicious of things like this on ebay anyway, i wouldnt trust this guy at all.
    the only thing i can conciter is this acct has been in some heavy botting meaning anyone that buys it risks it being banned from bnet at any time. in fact in my opinion that is the only possible way anyone could do what he has done.
    but notice, it appears the starting bid was just $1, this thing is taking off on its own.
    people that pay real money....and that much for a game, after allready paying neccisary fees, is just nuts...

16. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

nope, very possible.
    You can make a lvl 90 char in 1 day, 2 days if you also want to sleep. Only higher than lvl 90 chars really take time. higher than that i have not been, but i am sure you can get 90-95 in a few days more, maybe a week. The one 99 yes, that has taken months, as you could see on the ladders.

For the items, the rune dupe might be responsible for a lot of it. If you play several months intensively to level a char to 99, you will certainly find quite some stuff as well though.

17. Metroid_01

what you said right there makes me wonder how in hell people do it, not to mention makes me lose faith in my characters :'( ...ive been workin with my sorc on and off for a couple months, i mean i dont intesively lvl her but damn.... 2 days for a lvl 90? i need to get me into some of those runs lol. i heard that pit runs were great exp as well, which is where im currently lvling my sorceress.
    i still say he botted, think logically, if you can make 1 lvl 90 in 2 days, and lets say a lvl 95 in 1 week, with the 99 taking a month. thats prolly around 1.5-2 months of work there, assumin the guy doesnt have a life....at all, inclusive of sleep an junk. then he has to get amazing drops like 4 gfs....even if he can make 90 in 2 days, he botted. theres nothing that could convince me otherwise.
    it would really help though, to know all the nice exp secrets these people use, baal is nice but i heard and have seen it really doesnt give you much exp at all after lvl 90 or so.

18. srs0

srs0 IncGamers Member

Wow, the price jumped to $405.00! I wonder how high the bids will get...

19. Metroid_01

yah, just got around 4 bids in the past 10 minutes.....someone is gonna be real happy soon...i really hope for the people bidding this isnt a scam. it would be sad to spend that much money over a game, and then get nothing at all out of it.

Edit: it seems that it has just ended at $475.00 wow.....

20. Foxxx

Foxxx IncGamers Member

Damn Some poor loser just spent $475 on all that stuff