Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WHOA!!! fireclaws good for duelin' with!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Killfrenzy, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

WHOA!!! fireclaws good for duelin' with!

Well i guess this is sort of a no-brainer, but today i realized how effective a fireclaw bear can be in melee pvp.

Fought a BOTD conc barb today (dont think it was an eth one but still). I dont think he got a hit in! he runs up kills my oak. I just start wailing on him and a few hits later he was face down in the dirt.

also fought a damn fine rabies/fireclaw hybrid.

when he went rabies id kill him but have to run back to town right after cause id have like 1 life!

when he went fireclaws OOOHHH BABY!! suffice to say i got my furry rear handed to me. But i chalk this up to him having a 4 frame phase blade (i just need a couple ias/AR jewels to complete mine).

i am loving this!

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

its been talked about ever since 1.10 came out, fireclaws is amazing. coldarmy has a guide on one, and i am glad to see others have followed my guide (the rabies/fireclaws hybrid, i assume he read the guide ><)

edit: however i dont know if things have changed, but pub pvp, especially melee pvp, no one ever has resists, maybe a little, but barely any, if it only took a few hits to take him down, a barb for that matter, then i think he lacked some resists there. i am not saying a FC bear cant fight with ppl who resists fire, but i am just saying, it shouldnt be THAT easy.

3. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

actually he did say he had read your guide. Its always nice to run into guys who've checked out this site

4. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Yeah I'm thinking of using Garbad's gear to make a FC Bear to try to ressurect Clan Honor for him :p THey sound so awesome.

5. creatine_rage_2002

creatine_rage_2002 IncGamers Member

Man....I made a WB based on Coldarmy's Fireclaws Guide and IT ROCKS. I cant speak enough about the 6 x shaeled phase blade. Its super fast and with FC, Firestorm, Fissure and Volcano maxed it really sings!! A couple swipes and most people are dead!!

6. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

My bear has the elite gear listed in Coldarmy's guide except the SS of Vita charms. I have a ber SS even :drool: , So I can use Jalal's without needing that extra DR.

Also add in Chains of Honor, whew.

My phase has less AR than I would like (only 89~ish in total).

I adapted the build as well. I think I use IK Mitts + Boots for the AR, which with 13K in duels is much needed.

Pwning with Fireclaws... me has to go do now :lol:

~Kbob

7. ~Kazama Fury~

is this nonladder or ladder kbob?

ive made a little pvp'er for fun in means to ressurect CH on east.

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I wanted to make a fireclaw bear since .09 but when I asked for advice, SOMEONE gave me **** about it and I never got around to it, it just seemed like a fun way to use werebear without the expensive phase blade

9. ~Kazama Fury~

fine, ill be the counter "SOMEONE", go ash, make that build, you can do it. and ull have fun.

downside, d2 will suck you right back in.

10. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

O_O Kill frenzy hehe NICE!!! Finally enjoying ur char O_O

But sitll a fire claw druid pawns loads but a zealot can take it any time. But yeah his druid owns o_o

11. ~Kazama Fury~

a zealot?

hmmm, i like to see that.

12. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I beat him with a lidless and my bo weapon O_______________O
    Thats the day he was finished with his druid and he was really pisssed that it didnt pawn as he wanted to but i think he fixed that problem so we have to duel again.

Hi kazzzzzy ^_^ Been a while old bud.

Edit

We did this in hell too, we moved to hell because i thought i had better advantage in normal. I have about 23 resist all.

Edit2

Kill well have to go dueling together, we too much mf freaks, after a few duels back to mf we go ^_^

13. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Well, my WB FC is lvel 87 atm, I deal pretty much 10k damage (only got 3 ss charms yet). I find main problem in melee duels is ar. 13k Ar is good to fight zons or casters, but i find it far low to fight melee chars. Even good zealots have hi def now, not to mention barbs. Good ww barbs using eth botd (4k damage) have 25k+ def, hard to hit. I can reach the 25k ar mark using 2* angelic rings&ammy+aldurs boots&armor, even like this i cant hit all time. Another problem is the damm slow fbr, every time i block i get standing able to receive a couple more of hits (seriously thinking in going with 2 hand weapon-GT6*shael-&upgraded shaft+high fhr instead). And I barely have 2.7k life, not that high. I know is not finished, but dont find it so amazing...yet (having in mind all that dammed enigma casters...).