Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Who would win in a fight? Marvel vs DC

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rius666, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

Who would win in a fight? Marvel vs DC

I know this is a really nerdy/lame thing to post but it's been bothering me for a quite a while. I just read through ringworm's marvel movie thread and it got me back to the age old question I've since I was a wee lad. Who would win a in fight? Marvel SUPERHEROES or DC SUPERHEROES (not villains). Personally I would favor DC just trying to see what the popular consensus is. Oh BTW I know they already did a comic book series on this but I thought that was garbage so I'm making my own thread.

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

your mother

3. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

cool thats one for DC. keep em coming

4. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Isn't there a video game about this...or maybe an animated movie?...

5. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

there's a marvel VS capcom game

mark my vote for Marvel!

6. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

bah i shoulda done a poll. too late now.

7. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Superman = GG if Marvel dosn't have Kryptonite

9. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Well, the "new" superman isn't nearly as invulnerable as the "old" superman. IIRC so he could be hurt (and by extension killed) by conventional means. I'd say that Thor, Nova, and the Hulk could take superman.

10. Untitled

Untitled IncGamers Member

Isn't super man really, really weak against magic? Which means any magic user from marvel would totally own superman. Also, superman's mental defense isn't all that great either. So any powerful psionic (like Professor X) can easily dominate him and turn super into their whipping boy.

I would be more worried about batman. Being a ruthless genius beats silly superpowers any day.

11. Ringworm125

Ringworm125 IncGamers Member

lol my question was bothering me for a long time too. I would have to say Marvel, after seeing the movies, and all the freaky crap the heros can do.

Marvel; Winners :winner:

12. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Just because you saw the movies doesn't mean DC doesn't have powerful superheroes.

Anyway, I'd have to say Marvel. They have Hyperion, basically Superman without any Kryptonite poisoning. And the Hulk, potentially the strongest non cosmic super hero in existence. They have a current JLA vs Avengers series right now in which Supes and Thor had a fight. Pretty interesting.
    Don't rule out Martian Manhunter though. He's just as strong as Superman, as fast, got almost all the same powers, he's telepathic, and a shapechanger.

13. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Oh and silver surfer. Tough dude.

The X-men and spidermen wouldn't last very long IMO. None of them have very good invulnerability.

14. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

I think I'm going to go with Marvel as well because DC looked like it was going to make the comic-to-movie conversion work with the first Batman movie, then crashed and burned with the rest. The Marvel movies have been mostly good and X-Men 2 held up to the original. Here's to hoping Spidey can do the same.

15. Gigas

Gigas IncGamers Member

If this was oldschool, I'd say DC in a heartbeat even though I hate pretty much every DC hero except for Batman. I mean... DC's heroes are usually massively overpowered. How many super powers does Superman have? I can count 7 just off the top of my head. No, 8...

Of course, as time has gone by, DC has taken Marvel's lead and made their heroes a wee bit more realistic, like the newer Superman's lessening of greatness (very weak against magic, yes, and little defense against psionics, etc). The playing field is a little bit more equal.

That being said, I'm going to go with Marvel.

16. memememe173

I was basing my Supes comment on the old one that I knew...

Just remembered something else that puts Marvel over the top...Galactus, Living Tribunal, Eternity and his sis and bro, The In-Betweener, Stranger, Ego

Another thing is that DC's villians are mostly brain...Joker, Riddler, Luthor, Penguin and they threaten the hero just by their planning...Marvel is more fair, both their heros and their villians have rediculous super powers

17. Carnage-DVS

Let's not involve cosmic forces into this. DC has just as many cosmic characters as Marvel. Darkseid, the New gods, the Spectre to name a few.

And Tarnok, we're basing this off the comic books. Nothing to do with movies mate ^^

18. memememe173

Most of my comic information comes from a set of Marvel Trading Cards that I have 50+% of, and from playing Overpower, so I'm kinda shaky in my information...but even still I think that DC villians on average relay more on brains then the Marvel cousins

19. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

This kind of a debate is rather pointless because we just start listing all the super-powered beings, conditions like whether or not Marvel would have kryptonite, and other such nerdery.

It's better done in the way that Marvel and DC already did it about 5-6 years ago when they had a four book miniseries. They matched up certain superheroes (eg Superman vs Hulk, Shazam vs Thor, Batman vs Captain America) and had people vote on who should win. Granted, I think voting was kind of a dumb way to do it, but the way they set it up was right. And I think Marvel won, by the way.

So, in other words, my answer to your question is: Batman.

20. Carnage-DVS

And my reply is Reed Richards, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Captain America (military/tactics genius), Hank McCoy, Henry Pym.