Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Who wants to help me do my homework?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dirkdig, Nov 17, 2006.

1. dirkdig

dirkdig Diabloii.Net Member

Who wants to help me do my homework?

Sweet!
    So here's the assignment: I need to write and deliver a ten minute persuasive speech on a topic of my choosing. Anything pertinent. My original topic was free trade, but I felt that owuld be too dry a topic. I also want to avoid anything to do with Iraq, terrorism, etc. or anything directly related to politics (issues being debated by politicians are fine, but nothing to do with the recent elections, or Don Rumsfeld, etc.)

Just anything controversial and contemporary.

I have no time to come up with one because I procrastinated on something else that's due tomorrow, but I figured arguing is what we do best here, so someone's gotta have an idea!

It can be value-based (ie why George Bush sucks), policy-based (why our illegal immigration system needs to be fixed and how to fix it), or fact-based (we need to stop letting old people (especially FREET) drive or we'll be doomed to eternal lateness!)

etc.

2. Merick

Merick Diabloii.Net Member

You support online gambling, and like to gamble, right? You know a lot about that.

3. piff

piff Diabloii.Net Member

Pick something on which you already have an opinion then learn more. You'll have some sort of background and you'll enjoy doing the project more.

If I were given this assignment, I would speak about why volleyball is the best team sport.

4. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

What's wrong with 1.10, maybe?

5. dirkdig

dirkdig Diabloii.Net Member

anti-poker bill is something I've considered, for sure.
    Volleyball is a good idea, but I disagree that it's the best team sport (for sure it's american football IMO)
    What is 1.10? Crowbar swings? Isn't it 1.11 by now or something? I don't know anything about that and I doubt my audience knows/cares either.

6. kavehtabriaz

kavehtabriaz Diabloii.Net Member

Impact of tv on w/e.
    ethics in work place,

7. Yossarian

Yossarian Diabloii.Net Member

The most important thing to remember is your audience. Make sure what ever it is you decide to talk about is engaging for them. Their interests are more important than yours.

A few tips sinse I don't have 100 hours to teach you.

-If you get nervous PSing than make eye contact with individuals when you talk and keep switching targets (good for everyone actually). Don't look at the whole group at once.
    -Make sure you keep your hands out of your pockets and that you have no coins or keys in them just incase.
    -If you have podium relax on it and don't use it too hold you up. Also move from behind several times as it engages the audience.

8. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

"Teenagers Are Not Having Enough Sex"

Yeah, but nothing changed in 1.11.