Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Who TPPKs?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by timwolfe, May 6, 2008.

1. timwolfe

timwolfe IncGamers Member

Who TPPKs?

Some friends of mine and I were planning on spending the better part of the summer hunting down and killing TPPKers, and other kids who like to hack diablo 2. We are on the West realm and I was able to find a library of TPPKers on the east realm but no one from the west. Does anyone know of either a list of TPPKers/cheaters, or had any recent TPPKs? Thanks for any help.

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Re: Who TPPKs?

Not to rain on your parade, but if you plan on killing them chances are you are going to need tppk to do it and even then its probably not going to work out.

3. greever

greever IncGamers Member

I second this one and remember that most TPPK-users use chicken out of game/to town when you hostile them.

4. timwolfe

We know what their tricks are, and we think we can manage it without cheating. But that's neither here nor there, I saw a database for the East realm, is there one for the West?

5. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Don't know but I wish you and your friends luck. :thumbsup:

6. MrBill

MrBill IncGamers Member

:soapbox:

Good luck to you but IMO this is a total waste of time, because TPPKers are all cowardly little cheaters; they are so loaded down with illegal hacks (watch any of the YouTube videos where they proudly display these) that they can't lose to any even halfway honest Diablo player.

How about the "white ring hack", that gives them "99% resist all" to elemental attacks? Or the "Negative Dexterity hack" that gives them an invisible Bone Spirit that does 65,536 points of magic damage? In theory Blizzard fixed these cheats in various D2 patches, but you can be sure that the TPPKers have, in the meantime, been busily disassembling and patching their local Diablo executables to implement new dirty tricks.

The most recent ones I have seen on YouTube, for example, are some kind of nonsense where they modify the D2 executable while it's still running (so that it evades Blizzard's startup checksum anti-hack system, because the program is clean when it starts; it is then patched while loaded into RAM), producing amusing little "extras" like a Druid with 50 Dire Wolves, each at Level 99 power or a Necro with 50 Level 99 Iron Golems... and so on, and so on, ad nauseam. You can bet that there are similar cheats that give them things like million point Frozen Orb attacks, 10 million hit points, invisibility, etc.; do you seriously think that you can win a fight with someone who cheats in the above manner?

This all is on top of the fact that the most powerful weapon of a TPPKer is not anything having directly to do with the Diablo game system; instead, it is surprise, via an unanticipated stab in the back by a previously "friendly" character. This is something that is by definition unavailable to anyone who is unwilling to cheat, because you would have to use the TPPK hack to get the same capability. (And then, you would have to use it against a game character who had not previously hostiled you, at least not in the current session.)

And as another poster has pointed out, 99.99% of TPPKers also use ChickenHack, which auto-exits them from any session in which they take an appreciable amount of damage, so even if you by some bizarre trick of fate do get a lucky hit in on them, they'll just be back in the game in 5 minutes, sending you the usual barrage of obscenities and juvenile taunts. (Check out the BMPK Website, for example, and listen to the invective, obscenity-laden, gangsta wannabe discourse with which they describe each other. What a pathetic bunch of creeps who need a life.)

The point is, you can't win a fight with TPPKers because they aren't playing the same game as you. You're attempting to play Diablo; they're playing "hack my client to kill n00bz". An honest person can never win a fight against a dishonest one, because the cheater has recourse to a huge war chest of weapons and defenses that are obviously unavailable to an honest player. You might possibly kill a couple of the stupid or overconfident ones, but you will never get the "pros".

The only practical solution that exists for TPPKers is, IMO, just to report them, both on these Forums and to Blizzard directly. Unfortunately, due to Blizzard's lack of interest in supporting this old a game system (they are spending all their time trying to vastly expand the term "copyright" by suing WoW hackers... see http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2008/05/do-you-own-your-software-wow-glider-case-not-just-), these countermeasures are likely to be incomplete solutions at best.

Life isn't fair, and TPPKers are a pretty good example of that. I wish we could wave a magic wand and put a quick end to them (and to world hunger, the junta in Myanmar, etc.), but we can't.

Good luck on your quest... you'll need it.

MrBill

7. timwolfe

We understand how difficult this would and should be. The issue is that we're just bored of killing the Uber's over and over. We're looking for something insanely difficult and challenging, this is what its intended to be. I hate to come off like an a** but we're not doing this to be nice, or to rid the realm of TPPKers. We're just looking for the hardest thing to kill in Diablo 2. We've managed to get about a hundred account names, which I won't post here so that they won't know we're coming for them. I'll be reporting all of them to blizzard at the end of the summer, but like you said I doubt they'll do anything about it. I've been doing some reading around here and apparently they've been killed before, people have killed them only to see their chicken hack go off next to their dead body. This is what we plan to do. If anyone has any details about how the chickenhacks work precisely (is it just once x damage is taken?) It would be very helpful. Also, thanks for wishing us luck. If we manage to kill any of them I suppose we'll post it somewhere around here.

8. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

How chicken hack works depends on how the user sets them, from what I heard over these forums. There are ones that goes off immediately after being hostiled, while there also ones that goes off after they have x% of life remaining.

9. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

99.9% of them (read 100% because they all use the same pack) have it selected so that as soon as some one does any of the following, they exit :

Targets them (usually done with a "unsummon" button on left click and a tppk using spell on right click)

Has health lower than X

Hostiles

Throws up a tp within X yards of their character

That being said, they will never fight you openly and you will not tppk them. There is the VERY off chance that you might find one who is lazy or who lags or who's chicken wasn't set but this requires you to go around tppking...again, because they will NEVER fight you in a moore or down in the wsk. They will shoot an iceblast at you and then go hostile, leaving after the attempt has failed. Closest thing you could do would be to train gloams at them in hell games but that's not even going to be happening due to the fact they wait for a safe port

10. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

spend your summer hunting down the bad people in real life.

11. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

As NS said, they'll have it set to go off when they're targetted, when they're hostiled, when their health drops, and when a TP is opened near them.

To defeat chicken on hostile you need to get them to turn it off (or TPPK them and hope it lags, which isn't what you're looking for) which means getting them to duel. As mentioned, they're quite afraid of dueling for the most part. This means you're going to have to look VERY non-threatening. Eg, low level, ghetto gear.

To defeat chicken on damage you need to 1 hit kill them (generally it's set so high that this is the case... some will have it set lower, but you shouldn't be counting on that). You pretty much need to play a charger to get the damage required with the gear/level mentioned above taken into account... however at the same time, noone wants to duel chargers because even a ****ty geared mid level, or even well geared low level, can 1hitko.

To defeat chicken on target, you need to shift+charge (or shift+swing/cast) in their general direction instead of namelocking.

The TP thing shouldn't really matter to you.

So yeah... the trick is looking INCREDIBLY non-threatening while at the same time being able to pull incredibly high damage.

From there, you need to look at what else the TPPKs are running:
    -massive -cold resist and very nasty damage (if they're any good anyways)
    -TMC for stupidly fast casts
    -autoaim
    -maphack with which to scan your gear

There may be others, I haven't played in about 8 months now.

So not only do you have to look non-threatening, but you have to look like they can kill you, and you have to be able to take a few blasts. If you're wearing dual ravens, they won't fight you. If you're wearing a 4 saphirre shield with 45 base resist, they won't fight you. At the same time, without this stuff, they'll 1 hit kill you. So get good at wearing fake gear and switching it up a lot. Weapon switch is no good either btw, a lot of the time they'll just stand in town whining at you to press W before they go out (if they even think about going out in the first place).

Hope this helps you and isn't a bunch of redundant information. GLHF, that's what the game's about after all.

Blizzard has had the ability to scan your memory for years. It's how they catch MHers in those giant waves every now and then. Avoiding it isn't a result of editting code in RAM instead of the exe, it's a matter of detecting when the scan is taking place and putting the memory back to how it should be. This is an imperfect method as Blizzard can change what the anti-detection is looking for serverside, they just don't bother doing so often enough.

The worst hacks on b.net right now aren't a result of playing with memory at all... they're like chix/tppk where a program not in D2's memory space can sniff/send packets in a rather undectectable sort of way, or they modify MPQs which isn't something Blizzard hasn't tried to detect... TMC and forget-the-name-of-the-bot both rely on this. Maphack still uses D2's memory, but in theory maphack is still detectable too if Blizzard cared enough.

As for your comment on the minions hack... have you actually seen it in game, or just on youtube? If just on youtube it's probably fake (eg open/sp/mod) as I haven't heard any other complaints about it here. Not to say it's impossible it's real though, I haven't played in 8 months, and before hearing about TMC I would've said that it was impossible too, so who knows.

Also, iirc, and if the information I read at the time was accurate; hex charms and some other items of 1.09 were the result of someone actually managing to hack blizzard's servers. Also the matrix dupe (and all the things it led to) had nothing to do with disassembling D2 or changing values in memory... it was the result of an exploit&packet sniffing/sending.

12. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

It can be done, I've killed my share of TPPKers. Just need to figure out what they're running (usually the chicken on target/xlife/hostile etc etc), and go from there in figuring out how to get around it.

-Matt

13. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

You can always play Single Player HC. I do and do not have any probs with TPPKers (obviously). Plus there is no lag, you CAN trade (using ATMA). The only thing you can't do is any of the Pandemonium events or Uber Tristram.

14. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

I am on that list, but i am Europe.

15. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

lol10chars.