Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Who say summoners can't duel...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Papermate, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Papermate

Papermate IncGamers Member

Who say summoners can't duel...

So i know summoners arent the greatest for dueling but i was bored and decided to start some dueling with my ** summon necro and i was surprised by how well he does. Sure i got my a** handed to me by a hammerdin and a windy druid(dont know what i was thinkin even venturing out of town on that one) but he actually does great in pubby duels. I spanked some higher lvl 90-92 chars just by teleing ontop of them and casting amp when i could. Really quite fun to do pub duels with.

so if u got a good necro and have never tried just pub dueling... give it a whirl and see what happens. (yes u will get raped by godly chars) but wipe the smile off some craptalkers that think ur a nub for trying to duel w/ a summoner.

2. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Depends how the other person duels, I guess. I mean if they use tricks such as Lifetap on all your minions...

3. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Tee hee. Piss off a really really godly WW barb by talking trash about him. Then go outside with your minion buddies and I can virtually guarantee that he will try and kill you with WW. See if you can IM him before you die. In fact...I have a Necro specifically designed JUST for that...so fun.

4. garion

garion IncGamers Member

im with jackson on this...it depends on who you duel...a nasty furyzon...and windys...etc...can destroy yoy soo fast..howevef a if you can get a drop on most chars in time...and they aren't built for pvp..you have a good chance =)

5. adecoy

adecoy IncGamers Member

for me its not so much them being bad at dueling its just that when you die, something that is enevitable, you will have to get all your skeletons all over again

6. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Tee hee. Piss off a really really godly WW barb by talking trash about him. Then go outside with your minion buddies and I can virtually guarantee that he will try and kill you with WW. See if you can IM him before you die. In fact...I have a Necro specifically designed JUST for that...so fun.

IM will pretty much be useless against him.

7. adecoy

adecoy IncGamers Member

yup beserk will eat you

8. happyslayer

happyslayer IncGamers Member

I 1-hit a 7.7k life zerker on whcl earlier this season with my godly summoner. I amped, and used minion stack (if you revive big guys like yeti's the minion stack locks) and the poor bastard couldn't touch me. He'd howl, and I'd just tele and re-lock.
    Only thing you have to worry about with barbs is the knockback on Leap. If you see them leap, try and get a screen away fast as you can...

9. Papermate

Papermate IncGamers Member

im glad to find that there are other summoners who have found dueling fun as well. I've been finding my best luck with dueling to be against barbs and zons for some reason (no javazons yet) but the bowzons just keep falling to me? (i know i'll probably get my a** handed to me by a godly bowzon in like 15 minutes just for saying that) but seriously ppl take ur summoners into a duel... i also recommend summoning Urdars for dueling (big dudes, river of flame) they work wonders with crushing blow.

10. nebularat

nebularat IncGamers Member

hi guys perhamps u could post a good gear set up and skills plz

thx

11. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lol somebody needs to make a lagomancer and revive nothing but urdars and souls and camp over bodies, then watch all the foul language be thrown at him ^_^

12. nebularat

nebularat IncGamers Member

hi there

just wondering witch would be best
    i hold beast or a act1 faith merc
    i like act1 merc with summoner cause she done run out away from pack so stands a good chance of surviving longer
    what do you guys think is best to go with...

13. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Id say go with Hoto prebuff,Beast on yourself,Might merc w/ Pride.
    Gives skellies alot of dmg.

14. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Iron maiden is how necs used to duel babos back in classic :)

Induce whirl, dodge, cast bone wall in babo's whirl path, *laugh* :rolleyes:

Easier said than done, though.